Qualcomm Accuses Apple of Stealing Trade Secrets for Rival Intel

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Qualcomm has accused Apple of stealing "vast swaths" of trade secrets to assist Qualcomm's rival Intel in fixing engineering flaws and to increase the performance of Intel's lower quality modem chipsets used in the iPhone. Qualcomm wants to amend its original allegations in its lawsuit to reflect the new charges. Apple is accused of supplying confidential source code and tools developed by Qualcomm to Intel; and then blocking Qualcomm from auditing Apple's use of said tools. The audits were to be conducted periodically to ensure that Qualcomm's IP was appropriately protected as was part of their agreement.

Qualcomm does not provide direct evidence to support the allegations but does make reference to back and forth between Apple and Intel engineers that was found during discovery. Sources say the evidence includes not just email correspondence, but Apple's source code development history and the code used in Intel-based phones.

keep-calm-and-let-them-fight-3.png

So they found proof that apple talked about intel modems with intel? And they exchanged intel source code with intel? Shocking I say, shocking!

"Qualcomm does not provide direct evidence to support the allegations"

Sounds totally legit. Not that I would be surprised if Apple did some shady shit like that, but these are some pretty strong allegations to make without providing something beyond conjecture.

So they found proof that apple talked about intel modems with intel? And they exchanged intel source code with intel? Shocking I say, shocking!

Sources say the evidence includes not just email correspondence, but Apple's source code development history and the code used in Intel-based phones.

The insinuation being that if there were any stolen IP, it would be in the code that Apple and Intel were sending back and forth, and is included in discovery. If it doesn't have any Qualcomm IP, then it's of course useless to Qualcomm in this case.

Back