Quakecon

Shadowspawn

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm curious why nobody has mentioned that Quakecon's registration opens on Wednesday.

I'll be getting up at 0400 local so I can register...at least nobody else will be up and using my satellite connection. It should be running decent while I try to join the hundreds attacking the registration server.

Because we were hoping nobody else would notice and we'd be able to sneak in and sign up as soon as possible ;)

Wow you are luckey. I was posting in the forums around 7:50 then went to the main page, saw the link for registration at about 7:58 and clicked it. It took 5 min to load the info page and I copy pasted my info over in about 20 seconds and clicked on proceed.

It then said Page Error, quick back button and reclick link and it reloads the main page saying I need to login, I go to login again and it gives me database error. I pull IE up on my other screen and load up the page and start the login process there, while reloading it in opera to do the same. IE gets logged in and I click on reg link and wait. Opera gets DB error again. So I pull up IE on my laptop and start loading their page.

IE on my screen then times out and says page cannot be displayed, Opera DB error, after getting logged in on my laptop it gives DB Error on it, so I pull out my phone and open IE, get logged in and it actually loads the reg page but upon hitting proceed it crashes as well.

Its now 8:44 and their page finally freaking loads again and tells me I was #550 to register lol. Never got the confirmation or anything one of the three times I was able to enter my info and hit submit, but at least it went through one of the three times O_O.

Man they need to plan ahead more to allow for the ammount of people hitting their site. A few years ago it was laggy and slow as hell but at least it worked.

Yeah, every year I've registered it gives me the "page cannot load" error but it goes through just fine. the stressful thing for me was also trying to make sure my girlfriend got signed up. That took a little longer.

Hehe, in all the years ive gone (since Adams Mark once prior to that venu but not with a pc) I have never had an actual issue registering, its been slow as sin and laggy but never just completely crashed out before. Guess it was my turn.

Back