Quake Wars - Worth playing?

Roufuss

Gawd
Just saw Best Buy has this on sale for a very generous $20... what I'm wondering, is did the community ever expand or did it shrink?

Serverspy says there are only 64 people playing right now, but really, there is no way that can be right!!

I enjoyed the demo a lot, just wondering if this has a decent relatively large community to warrant the $20. Seems like no game this winter really did good in providing a strong / large online community except TF 2 and CoD 4.

I haven't played online for awhile since I've been having fun with the offline game (the bots in the game are actually pretty decent compared to most other bots in other games).

That being said, wherever that number 64 is coming from is WAY off.

There are always dozens of servers that are filled to capacity when I go to play online. And the game is definitely worth more than 20 bucks.

I say if you had fun with the demo, snatch it up.

Just saw Best Buy has this on sale for a very generous $20... what I'm wondering, is did the community ever expand or did it shrink?

Serverspy says there are only 64 people playing right now, but really, there is no way that can be right!!

I enjoyed the demo a lot, just wondering if this has a decent relatively large community to warrant the $20. Seems like no game this winter really did good in providing a strong / large online community except TF 2 and CoD 4.

It's more than decent. And there are many people playing the game. I play it everyday and I have a hard time getting in some servers, because they're usually full.
If you like team based gameplay, Quake Wars is second to none in the market. If you prefer the usual CTF, Dom, etc type of game, you should avoid QW.

I think for $20 you can't go wrong. I don't play ET:QW a lot but when I do I enjoy it. I happened to get it free with my 8800GT but if I didn't have the game I think I'd buy it based on my experience with the retail demo. There's plenty of servers/players, too, don't worry about that.

Hot, I think I will swing by there soon to pick it up!

I bought it at release for $40, but figured that was too much and I'd get it when it was cheaper... $20 is the perfect sweet spot :D

Hot, I think I will swing by there soon to pick it up!

I bought it at release for $40, but figured that was too much and I'd get it when it was cheaper... $20 is the perfect sweet spot :D

20$ is a more than a bargain for this game. As others have stated, its good online or offline. SDK will hopefully bring more content, once the mod community get rolling. I would like to see etpro mod brought over to QW.

well I bought it

installing now
at least ill support a developer I admire if nothing else

Back