Quake Wars for $19.95 at Best Buy

Is this deal in stores too? Shopping at BestBuy.com and going to a Best Buy store is like shopping in two different galaxies.

Is this deal in stores too? Shopping at BestBuy.com and going to a Best Buy store is like shopping in two different galaxies.

It's in their add, so it should be in stores also. You can also do an online order w/in store pickup.

I ordered one also. I guess it was time to play newer games anyways.

Has people had bad experiences online with bestbuy?

That is a good deal. I bought a few things from Bestbuy.com never had a problem.

Looks like I will need to head over to Circuity City and have them price match the difference.

It's $20 in-store also, I just picked up a copy. I've been waiting for a price drop on Quake Wars for a while. Thanks sprtnbsblplya.

I ordered one also. I guess it was time to play newer games anyways.

Has people had bad experiences online with bestbuy?

Online bestbuy.com is actually ok. Where people have loads of problems is with in store pickup. Best Buy's system for in store pickup SUCKS. It's getting better and stores are taking more responsibility. Now most stores have the person at the front desk receive instant alerts when something is ordered online for their store. They are to immediately contact a floor rep and have them pull the product aside and slap a big green sticker on it. Finally this process is improving, but for years store pickup via bestbuy.com has been a farce/headache/disaster + more negative words I can't say in public....

Shopping in the store is good (depending on the folks in your local store) and just ordering directly online is usually pretty safe too. Jump on this deal, it's a hot price.

Yeah, this is a steal, too bad I just ordered a new 22" LCD, Wacom tablet, and Pantone colorimeter, I had my finger on my mouse button to place the order, but decided against it as at some point I must draw the line on what to buy and what not to buy.

I was thinking of getting this but was wondering if Unreal Tournament 3 would be better.

I was thinking of getting this but was wondering if Unreal Tournament 3 would be better.

I liked unreal tournament 3 in multiplayer, but I never played 2004. All my friends that had played both actually liked 2004 better than UT3. This quake wars game is getting great reviews from what I read and hear, but I haven't played it yet... for $20 though...:cool:

Yeah, I may wait a bit for this game to down to the $15dollar specials. By the time I upgrade my PC I will actually be able to play it. (upgrade for March / April)

I wish Steam price matched!
It so much more convenient to have my crap downloadable from steam.
I am personally fed up with all my damn game CD's and DVD's...

How is this deal hot?

This is the worst game ever. They should give this game away at Walmart with every five dollar purchase.

How is this deal hot?

This is the worst game ever. They should give this game away at Walmart with every five dollar purchase.

Thank you for your opinion. Others like it just fine and are saving $20 on a $40 game, which constitutes for them a hot deal. I didn't buy it because I don't have time to play all the games I already have, but it will still be a fun game for many. Thanks, OP.

Got it today as well and used the 10% off coupon from the other thread no problem.
If you are not sure try the demo v2.0 before you buy. I did and went and bought the game !

Thank you for your opinion. Others like it just fine and are saving $20 on a $40 game, which constitutes for them a hot deal. I didn't buy it because I don't have time to play all the games I already have, but it will still be a fun game for many. Thanks, OP.

Translation: I didn't buy it bc it stinks, just like you said.

Translation: I didn't buy it bc it stinks, just like you said.

Wouldn't know. Never played it, never even seen the demo. Never even looked at the box in the store. Not gonna judge. Think I'll go download the demo though as BMWfreak suggests...

How is this deal hot?

This is a hot deal because it's half off. If you know where to buy it cheaper, provide a link or shut up. No threadcrapping.

If you think this is the worst game ever you a very new noob who hasn't played many games. Lots of people liked this game, and it got decent reviews, 84% average going by either Metacritic.com or Gamerankings.com.

I got a copy and am enjoying far more then UT3 !
Its like the missing Assult mode.
Lots of fun so far!!!

This is a hot deal because it's half off. If you know where to buy it cheaper, provide a link or shut up. No threadcrapping.

If you think this is the worst game ever you a very new noob who hasn't played many games. Lots of people liked this game, and it got decent reviews, 84% average going by either Metacritic.com or Gamerankings.com.

THANK YOU.

Back