Quake Wars coming to PS3 and X360

seems to be the trend. Platform specific titles are really a thing of the past.

Hmm... this makes building a new PC seem so much more unattractive right now.

Yeah, why have good aim with a mouse and keyboard, when you can have companies make their version of a pc game bad and make gamepad aim good for you?

Yeah, why have good aim with a mouse and keyboard, when you can have companies make their version of a pc game bad and make gamepad aim good for you?

Don't forget higher frame rates, higher resolution, better AA, better AF, and mods.

Why not? Id sold their soul to Microsoft with Doom 3.

I didn't think it would be the type of game that would translate well to console. Complex gameplay and a high learning curve that would probably be offputting to the casual gamer. Not to mention the high system requirements.

I suspect the console versions will be noobified slightly (16 players max? chortle). They'll probably add bots as well.

I didn't think it would be the type of game that would translate well to console. Complex gameplay and a high learning curve that would probably be offputting to the casual gamer. Not to mention the high system requirements.

I suspect the console versions will be noobified slightly (16 players max? chortle). They'll probably add bots as well.

Unless keyboard/mouse add-on for consoles is standard by the time quake wars comes out (not likely), no real gamer can take this seriously. There's a reason why there are no shooter games that allow for cross platform play, pc to console-- PC users would completely obliterate console users and console users would finally realize the inferiority of the gamepad. This in turn would make the serious gamers invest more in PC hardware and less in console.

... There's a reason why there are no shooter games that allow for cross platform play, pc to console-- PC users would completely obliterate console users and console users would finally realize the inferiority of the gamepad. This in turn would make the serious gamers invest more in PC hardware and less in console.

Ever hear of Shadowrun?

Ever hear of Shadowrun?

One of the previews or reports or whatever I read on Shadowrun talked about how the console players simply dominated the PC users. It was a fairly interesting read so I'll see if I can find it.

One of the previews or reports or whatever I read on Shadowrun talked about how the console players simply dominated the PC users. It was a fairly interesting read so I'll see if I can find it.

That was only because the Xbox version had auto aim enabled.

I have a 360 and GOW for example is a great game. However with a keyboard and mouse the game would be a billion times better.

I think it will be a doom3 style backport after the pc version is released and not have adverse effects on the pc version like with so many other games.

Not really upset its being ported to console, Splash damage has nothing to to do with the console versions. If I had to chose which console version I got, I would go with Nerve Software version on the 360, their track record is a little better imo.

Regardless, bring on the PC version already;)

Not really upset its being ported to console, Splash damage has nothing to to do with the console versions. If I had to chose which console version I got, I would go with Nerve Software version on the 360, their track record is a little better imo.

Regardless, bring on the PC version already;)
You took the words right out of my mouth.. I'm just glad that SD has nothing to do with porting this game.

and yes bring it on already.

woohoo!!!! no more having to build a power sucking pc! and not haveing to tune my card to work on my tv :) (agian i didn't with with WolfET and it rocked)
but hey i agree on the mouse/keyboard VS gamepad-controller. however i'd rather have a controal stick with presice movement then ASWD also while I am better with mouse and keyboard i know alot of people are better with a controller, my example is HALO.
ONE request for the ET:QW crew but a gamepad setup in the game(and for us linux ppl) so if PC people start getting creamed we can have a chance :-p haha
but yea its all depends on how much error is put into porting it. thats what it comes down too. actully i'd like to see it be the next big XBOX hit just for the fun of haveing more people to frag :-D woohoo!

Why do some of you care? If you don't want the game on the 360 or PS3, don't buy it.

I personally don't want to play this game on a console, but to each their own. Whatever.

Why do some of you care? If you don't want the game on the 360 or PS3, don't buy it.

I personally don't want to play this game on a console, but to each their own. Whatever.

Well recently we been seeing alot of games that are clearly console made and ported to PC and then the performance of the game on the PC isnt really that good. I think some people are worried Quake Wars share the same fate. But that isnt the case here I dont think. I think most people are worried that time will be taken away from tweaking it, making it sweeter, etc since now they have to worry about 2 other versions.

Back