Quake Live! - Post your screen name!

ID: Vidious

Finally got my beta email this weekend.. been playing a lot today.. it's pretty fun.. so easy to jump into a game, everything is extremely quick to load, game runs smooth as hell.. zero problems.. at times i'm even reminded of the first week Q3 was released since that was when everyone played the stock maps, so it kinda feels like that.. dont have any invites though to give out :/

I'd like an invite, can someone hook me up?

I haven't played Quake 3 in years. Of course, I probably won't enjoy this game at all if they haven't fixed the physics engine's dependency on frame rates, that's one reason I stopped playing it in the first place.

Here's to hoping they've fixed the above hack.

The maxfps is 125... capped at 125fps, which is perfect. There is no cl_timenudge command available thru the console. Apparently has built in anti lag.. Still you will find it much harder to play with pings above 70.

Frostex, I had my QL stop working in IE, so I switched to firefox and it works... I haven't tried in IE for a while to see if they fixed it...

If anyone has a invite left I would love to try this on my new laptop running window 7.

yeah for me its loading in both browsers but it's got extreme stuttering, find it almost impossible to move the mouse about the menu, its like im getting 1 frame every 5 seconds, I guess they've not tested it in any of the windows 7 testing environments :/

Vista 64x here on IE7.

Runs smooth as butter, though I was getting some major lag last night in the free for all.

Glad my rail gun accuracy has not diminished to much....

48%.......

I never got an email after I signed up for beta a long time ago. Anyone want to help me out with an invite? send me a pm please. Thanks.

damysteriousdrx is my screen name.... haven't actually played a match yet though.... i got my invite only this morning....

I just started playing, so I'm mostly playing against bots while I familiarize myself with the maps. :p

But if you ever catch me online, the name is: Winters

I have 10 invites available. PM me Name and email. If you dont follow those simple instructions, ill just ignore your PM. :)

Does anyone else suck at it? I always get schooled. :(

Still fun though. :D

Just practice with bots on Nightmare. You should be able to defeat enemies on any map near flawlessly to stand a chance against any of the medium to top tier players. Work on map control, movement, and item respawn timing. The absolute best thing is to tourney players better than you if you can. If they won't play you, which many will not, just spec them to learn from their movements and skill.

Id play instagib a lot. Granted it wont get you good at weapons other than rail, but it will definitely work on your reaction time which is a huge part of this game. Then move on to duels and just enjoy getting owned for a while, you will eventually get better. Its a tough learning curve though.

they weakened the rail gun from prior.

Before, two shots to kill a person. Now takes 3!

they weakened the rail gun from prior.

Before, two shots to kill a person. Now takes 3!

It depends where it lands and the opponents HP. One good rail should kill them with 1 rail. I was playing a DM one time, and someone rail me in one shot. It was the holy grail for him since that opponent got the "Holy Shit" announcement/award. I can never get tired of hearing that voice, even if I'm the one getting fragged.

I sent you a PM 4saken. If anyone else has invites if 4saken is out, I'd really appreciate one.

I'll probably be running windows most of the time now, but is there any reason this wouldnt run in os x?

ID w33z

people wanting invites check the "quakelive invite" thread for my post, i currently have 10 left

Whenever I try to make the quake live account, I can get to step 2 of 3 on the registration and it asks me for a verification code, but I was never sent one, and when I ask it to send me another, it just tells me "Error sending verification mail. Please try again later." Anyone know what the problem is?

Whenever I try to make the quake live account, I can get to step 2 of 3 on the registration and it asks me for a verification code, but I was never sent one, and when I ask it to send me another, it just tells me "Error sending verification mail. Please try again later." Anyone know what the problem is?

It's a definite issue at the moment, pretty much 100% of people who try to get past that step since the end of last night sometime are unable to do so. id is aware of the problem.

Back