Quake Champions' Visor Wall Hacks is an Ability

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
While the success of the business model around Quake Champions is questionable, id Software has now made wall-hacking a feature rather than a cheat. And strafe bunny hopping has its big comeback as well, more so with the Visor character than the others. And if you are needing things to do to kill time this weekend, the Large Scale Test is starting. 一饮而尽

Check out the video.

Active Ability – Piercing Sight: You can’t hide from Visor. Using his Piercing Sight Active Ability, Visor can briefly see through all matter, glimpsing foes as outlines running behind walls. You might think you’re sneaking up on Visor, but he’s probably waiting for you with a tasty Rail Gun gift. Твоё здоровье!

Passive Ability – Grasshopper: Speed kills. Are you sick of all those psychotic Anarkis hoverboarding around the Arenas, turning it “up to eleven” all over your face? Visor’s Passive evens the playing field. Grasshopper allows Visor to continually gain speed when strafe-jumping – with no cap. Skilled players will be able to keep up with anyone, even that drug-addled freak.

I was still getting my ass handed to me when I was that younger, faster gamer.
Word.
I've spent countless hours in Quake II Rocket Arena. At that time, my railgun game was on point.
I may have to get into the Quake Champions thing now, I need to revisit some of my roots.

You know what would be sweet? A premonition skill...where it shows you as a ghost and anticipates the enemies movement with showing you how to kill them in the best way. Wouldn't that be cool!

I really hope they figure out that dedicated servers is a big deal to some of us.

They seem to be listening to people these days, but I still doubt they'll do this for some reason. I think companies, (even id) are used to having full control over multiplayer games these days. It's sad, because the only way I will play a multiplayer game like this, is on a LAN, and I don't want to jump out to the internet to try and half-assedly arrange a match when ALL of the people are inside my house. Kinda ridiculous. I said this in another thread, but I'll say it here too. If they put in dedicated servers, I'd buy 8 copies on day one.

They seem to be listening to people these days, but I still doubt they'll do this for some reason. I think companies, (even id) are used to having full control over multiplayer games these days. It's sad, because the only way I will play a multiplayer game like this, is on a LAN, and I don't want to jump out to the internet to try and half-assedly arrange a match when ALL of the people are inside my house. Kinda ridiculous. I said this in another thread, but I'll say it here too. If they put in dedicated servers, I'd buy 8 copies on day one.

You do realize its a free to play game?

You do realize its a free to play game?

I didn't know that actually, as I haven't been following development closely. I figured it would probably go the way of Quake Live, but have only been watching play videos (not really reading about their model).

Well, then perhaps dynamically allocated fully defined private matches would be nice. That would be a decent compromise.

I didn't know that actually, as I haven't been following development closely. I figured it would probably go the way of Quake Live, but have only been watching play videos (not really reading about their model).

It's free to play but they've stated that you'll have the ability to purchase the game and get all champions, including future ones (that last part might not be set in stone).

It's free to play but they've stated that you'll have the ability to purchase the game and get all champions, including future ones (that last part might not be set in stone).

Ah, interesting. I'd probably buy a copy just because I'm weird like that.

I guess they did finally add private matches to Doom, so I would hope they'd do the same here. (I'd still prefer dedicated, as I'm sure most people would, but private matches are an OKish alternative)

I've been told by a few friends that this iteration of Quake is pretty abominable, at least in its current form. They all said they'd rather play Quake III and it isn't close...

I've been told by a few friends that this iteration of Quake is pretty abominable, at least in its current form. They all said they'd rather play Quake III and it isn't close...

Interesting, I've been seeing exactly the opposite response. More along the lines of it's great, but needs some work still. Since this is an early test phase, I have to think that work is coming. I suppose I'll have to jump in sometime soon, and give a go myself. Just haven't had time yet, and what little I do have is going into Prey.

I've been enjoying the beta, but it needs some polish. And dedicated rentable servers.

I was still getting my ass handed to me when I was that younger, faster gamer.

My connection was so slow and my ping so high that I'd always be dead by the time I spawned, by the time I could even see an opponent, I'd already be dead. I don't think I ever took more than a dozen steps in any server I entered in Q3A.

I know it's the way things are these days, but I think I read where the new Quake is going to have weapons and skill upgrades, so it'll just be a matter of time before those are for sale. Buy your way to victory.

I am excited for the beta to kick back off tomorrow, I have been having a great time so far. Looking forward to this Sacrifice mode.

My connection was so slow and my ping so high that I'd always be dead by the time I spawned, by the time I could even see an opponent, I'd already be dead. I don't think I ever took more than a dozen steps in any server I entered in Q3A.

I know it's the way things are these days, but I think I read where the new Quake is going to have weapons and skill upgrades, so it'll just be a matter of time before those are for sale. Buy your way to victory.
Pay to win sucks.

lol... hope the abilities are a little tamed... in some ways it seems they hired some of the people that bastadized halo series in halo 4 (same damn wall hack) in quake champions.

I'll buy it. Get my old ass handed to me but not after a few glorified kills. Then I'll turn my eight and nine year old son
/daughter team onto the game. They've been playing Unreal Tournament 2004 since they were 3 and I have to say they can keep dad on his toes at times, As long as your screen is far enough away so my boy cant see it. He instantly knows exactly where you are and what you are trying to do and golly puts one right through your head..They are both sneaky little fucks and always find and kill me

What do you need built in wall hacks for. Any good 1v1 player knows where you'll be all the time anyway.

Back