Quake Champions Official Thread

I just don't see this game doing well outside a niche of players. The people that wanted small group games already migrated to Overwatch and this seems too little too late. Great for nostalgia and all but it won't have much staying power IMO.

When Doom hit people thought it wouldn't do well either because the MP was not Doom/Quake, this is that! Should do fine, and if there is enough hype could do great.

I really hope the game does well and has a following for a few years anyway. I thought a new quake would never come out in whatever form it was presented as.

OW has too much of that specialized feel to be like quake. Ie each character is inherently weak versus some other character. Quake is supposed to be fairly balanced where skill alone tends to dominate. I have mixed feelings on the powers, but they don't last long enough to really dominate a match.

I don't understand why I didn't get a code. I signed up like way back almost day 1 when that sign up went live. Ugh.
Ditto Savoy. Not sure what's up. Even re-signed up another couple of times to make sure. :(
if anyone has a key they don't mind sharing, please PM? I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Silver

UPDATE: I just got an invite. I'm in!

Thanks,

Silver

Last edited:
I just don't see this game doing well outside a niche of players. The people that wanted small group games already migrated to Overwatch and this seems too little too late. Great for nostalgia and all but it won't have much staying power IMO.

A lot of people said that about Doom. A lot of people couldn't have been more wrong.

A lot of people still play Quake in all of its forms.

Guess who just got a code :p

If anyone wants it let me know cause I don't have time to play games during the week let alone download the game.

A lot of people still play Quake in all of its forms.

Doom is an SP game, can't really compare the two. And "a lot of people" playing Quake is probably less than a few thousand. Now look at overwatch with millions.

Guess who just got a code :p

If anyone wants it let me know cause I don't have time to play games during the week let alone download the game.

I signed up as early as I could but still haven't got an invite :(

Game is good so far. Got an extra code so enjoy. Please post if you use it.

HDE6-6G3G-N26U-7XCK-Q34H

I like how they brought back Quake 3 sounds I never really played Quake 3 just Quake I II.

I don't think this will hold a candle to Destiny Crucible even which is a downright blast without all the speed.

Not impressed. This game has been downloading for 8 fucking hours and I'm just now to 50%. WTF!!!
Anyone else have these issues? I have a 25GB Uverse account and that's not the problem.
Should I delete the whole damn thing and start over maybe? I tried pausing but that didn't do anything.

Not impressed. This game has been downloading for 8 fucking hours and I'm just now to 50%. WTF!!!
Anyone else have these issues? I have a 25GB Uverse account and that's not the problem.
Should I delete the whole damn thing and start over maybe? I tried pausing but that didn't do anything.

I got it in about 15 minutes last weekend so no, that's not how it's supposed to be.

After completely uninstalling everything and I was able to download the game in about 45 minutes. you have to have the installer and the game on the same drive apparently.

Game runs smooth with a 4770k with a Gtx680. The game feels like Quake. I didn't realize just how much I missed this style of game play. I've been playing COD since doom 3.

Doom is an SP game, can't really compare the two. And "a lot of people" playing Quake is probably less than a few thousand. Now look at overwatch with millions.

Well, actually I wasn't comparing the games. I was comparing the reaction from people who just like to spew hate for something, then backpedal later when the game turns out to be good.

Yeah, let's look at Overwatch. I have zero desire to play it. Sure, it looks pretty in its cartoony way, and obviously a lot of people REALLY like it. Cool. They're more than welcome to. I don't want to play it though, I want to play a Quake game if I'm going to play an MP shooter. Not to mention just because they are both MP shooters, does not mean they are anything alike. Sure, maybe some similarities here or there, but if I'm in the mood to play Quake (which I often am) I'm not going to get that fix by playing Overwatch.

Your arguments don't make any sense.

and has absolutely nothing relating to Destiny about it.

Agreed! I don't get all of this "it's no Destiny" and "it's no Overwatch" bullshit. No, it isn't. It's Quake. For someone that wants a new QUAKE game, this is what he/she should play. If someone wants a Desitny/Borderlands style game, those are what he/she should play. Same with an Overwatch style game. What is so hard to understand about there being a variety of games, that cater to the people that want to play that style of game? I suppose we just shouldn't have progressed beyond the original Wolf3D and Doom because that's all the single player and multiplayer shooting anyone could ever need. :D

So I didn't bother checking my e-mail this past weekend, and it turns out I got a key late in the day on Friday... So I missed the opportunity to play this first beta. Hopefully I'll get into the next one.

So for those who have played: does the game cap at 120 Hz? Or can we go higher if we want to?

So I didn't bother checking my e-mail this past weekend, and it turns out I got a key late in the day on Friday... So I missed the opportunity to play this first beta. Hopefully I'll get into the next one.

So for those who have played: does the game cap at 120 Hz? Or can we go higher if we want to?

First weekend beta was actually 2 weekends ago but I can confirm your beta key your received will get you in all of the ones in the future. So starting Thursday at 10AM EST you will be able to play :)

If anyone can spare a beta key, I would SINCERELY appreciate it!!

Please and thank you..

First weekend beta was actually 2 weekends ago but I can confirm your beta key your received will get you in all of the ones in the future. So starting Thursday at 10AM EST you will be able to play :)
Awesome, thanks.

Wife got a code yesterday, I haven't received one. Looking forward to checking it out though

I got a code and I will probably install and play this afternoon. Is bunny-hopping a thing? That shit really turned me off to the last big Quake.

Got my Beta key this morning. Played a few rounds before I had to work this afternoon.

The game feels like a mix of Unreal Tournament & Quake3, Its fast & the level design is pretty good for the two maps that I played on. Most importantly its fun.

Last edited:
Back