Quake 5 - What would YOU want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quake 2's enemies were REALLY memorable. Their behaviors, animations, sounds, everything were so unique and individual to each type. The game was fun because the enemies had such great personality. That and the story was basically: hey you just crashed in enemy territory: go.

Fun well balanced multiplayer with LAN and mods and exploitable movement, and 128 players...:D (because 64 has been done...). No perks or weapon shops. No silly crap that CS ingrained into everyones heads.

Oh and for when no one is around, or to fill up player slots, fun, challenging AI.

Single player more like Quake 1. Even though the Strogg are pretty much Quake now, it would be nice to see the concept for the first game carried out fully with modern graphics... Oh and coop. Also for ease of use make it coop where you don't need to do anything "fancy". :D

I'd actually like a return to smaller maps, instead of larger ones. I have small LAN parties that I host with around 6 players and would love maps that would work for that few people. Larger 8 - 12 player maps would be fine with the aforementioned AI.

I'd also love it to be able to support home brewed servers, none of this hosted server BS like COD and BF series force you into. The ability to customize the game like the UT/UT2004 games. I don't care if it's PC only, but it should be PC FIRST, made for keyboard and mouse with no compromise. No BS huge menus like UT3 did, the ability to customize your graphical settings like a real PC game. Multiplayer could be like Any Quake 1 - III for me. I loved all three, though Q3A was the best. Another thing I'd love, NO ACHIEVEMENTS! I hate that stupid crap. I don't mind the occasional "rocket whore" message or something like that, but I don't want to have a trophy pop up for x number of headshots or anything retarded like that :rolleyes:

All of the fast and fun aspects of Quake and Quake 3, none of the slowness or nonsense of Quake 2, Quake 4, or Doom 3.

Hell, if it wasn't being untrue to the game I'd want something as fast and insane as DOOM and DOOM 2. :)

skip the singleplayer, get back to making balanced quality MP arenas. Include RA, CTF, Instagib, DM, TDM all as default modes. Make a very good matchmaking system. Allow dedicated servers.

I actually did not mind SP Quake4. I have a deep love for Quake 1 though. I was never extremely fond of Quake 2. I had to change my FOV settings to get the speed I wanted out of it, even though I was only tricking my mind.
I always thought Quakeworld was the best MP especially with all the great mods it had. The speed of Quake 1 was perfect. So good that when we played HL, I changed the server settings to speed up the game play to match Quake1. I also liked the Monsters instead of the Stroggs more when it came to SP.
I didn't play Quake3 much since I was more into UT more when it came out.

Don't call it Quake 5
Call it Quake 2: Online adventure, make it an always online arena similar to the Rocket Arena portals and have them all connected in a SP story way that you could play if you wanted, but have it mostly focus on the multiplayer portals of each stage with game types available (CTF, Rocket Arena, DM, Team DM), that you could enter and leave multiplayer games in real time.

Of course that will never happen. Because ID.

I'd actually like a return to smaller maps, instead of larger ones. I have small LAN parties that I host with around 6 players and would love maps that would work for that few people. Larger 8 - 12 player maps would be fine with the aforementioned AI.

I'd also love it to be able to support home brewed servers, none of this hosted server BS like COD and BF series force you into. The ability to customize the game like the UT/UT2004 games. I don't care if it's PC only, but it should be PC FIRST, made for keyboard and mouse with no compromise. No BS huge menus like UT3 did, the ability to customize your graphical settings like a real PC game. Multiplayer could be like Any Quake 1 - III for me. I loved all three, though Q3A was the best. Another thing I'd love, NO ACHIEVEMENTS! I hate that stupid crap. I don't mind the occasional "rocket whore" message or something like that, but I don't want to have a trophy pop up for x number of headshots or anything retarded like that :rolleyes:

Buut quake usually has a wide variety of map scales, from those more meant for 2-6 to those bigger maps. Oor could have scaling maps like RO2 where the player count made the map grow from a small area to some more "epic". :D

I wouldn't really care so much about acheivements, but... No damned stats. They suck the fun out of so many players who just sit there not having fun so they can be the 1337 pro-est evar in the serious buisness game! :D

Slipgate warriors, inter-dimensional beings and neo-gothic architecture. In other words: Quake.

Quake II was internally only a working title for what was intended to be a new IP for id. It's both a Quake game and not quite a Quake game, if that makes any sense.

I don't understand the love for Quake II. I found Quake's dark, Lovecraftian world and monster design, along with Reznor's excellent soundtrack, far more engrossing and atmospheric than Willits' bog-standard and fucking generic sci-fi shit of Quake II.

This this this this this. I don't remember a goddamn thing about Q2 SP. Remember almost all of Q1 SP. No more generic sci-fi crap, the original Quake's setting and mood were perfect. Get Reznor back in for the soundtrack. Mint money.

I want a game like Quake 1. Fast movement, rocket spamming, secrets everywhere, no RPG elements, useless story, good audio, and multiplayer without regenerating health bullshit.

Oh, and no retarded squad mates talking over the com...

Quake 1 was (and still is) fun to play because it lacks a lot of the fluff added to modern games. Its just a fun and fast paced FPS game with excellent feeling weapons and complex levels.

More of whats on the left and less of the right:

cuts.jpg

Last edited:
I want a game like Quake 1. Fast movement, rocket spamming, secrets everywhere, no RPG elements, useless story, good audio, and multiplayer without regenerating health bullshit.

Oh, and no retarded squad mates talking over the com...

Quake 1 was (and still is) fun to play because it lacks a lot of the fluff added to modern games. Its just a fun and fast paced FPS game with excellent feeling weapons and complex levels.

More of whats on the left and less of the right:

cuts.jpg

This x1000

Better graphics, better physics and damageable environments, and a good story line.

I've enjoyed all 4 Quake games so far. Especially the single player in Quake 2 and Quake 4. Quake 4 campaign is still one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. I would want a fun single player campaign that's heavy on design and action and light on story and character. Quake 1/2/3 multiplayer was great but I was pretty much done with ultra-fast deathmatch after Quake 3...

I would be perfectly happy if Quake 5 turns out pretty much like Quake 3 / Live, at least when it comes to gameplay (movement, weapon balance, maps) and features. Man, OSP/CPMA gave so much to the gaming community it's not even funny.

At this point we know Doom 4 will support 120 FPS and have dedicated servers. With Quake Live id Software's multiplayer team managed quite a lot and I wonder how much of all this goodness will transfer to Doom 4. Quake 5 is years away.

I want the new quake to not have a gay 60 fps framerate cap. I used to play quake 3 because of the buttery smooth 90fps it would let you use. a FPS with a 60 FPS cap is a joke.

sorry about the double post it wont let me delete

Last edited:
RtCW wasn't an id game.

I want the new quake to not have a gay 60 fps framerate cap. I used to play quake 3 because of the buttery smooth 90fps it would let you use. a FPS with a 60 FPS cap is a joke.
All future id games aren't going to be capped to 60 Hz.

No, it wasn't. If only we could infuse that particular Grey Matter team into what is id Software today...

Imagine that :nowankicon: :D

No, it wasn't. If only we could infuse that particular Grey Matter team into what is id Software today...

Imagine that :nowankicon: :D

I apologize if this is a stupid question but why is there a huge "ID" logo on the front of the RTCW box?

I apologize if this is a stupid question but why is there a huge "ID" logo on the front of the RTCW box?

Because they oversaw the development, but developed nothing themselves. Basically just commented about the direction.

Really, of all things you wanna argue about that? Did id make the game? No, Grey Matter did.

Really, of all things you wanna argue about that? Did id make the game? No, Grey Matter did.

No I don't want to argue about this at all. I legitimately assumed it was and I was wrong. I'm sorry.

I want Quake 3 with updated graphics and maybe Rocket Arena built in. If there has to be single player I would prefer something more like Quake 1 than anything Strogg...

quake 3 + rocket arena built in + better graphics + runs on EVERYTHING: PCs, Macs, Linux, ALL GAME CONSOLES, cell phones, you fucking name it..

Price it at $5 all platforms, enable cross platform play, sit back and watch the console fanboys get slaughtered, and the return of true FPS gaming

I enjoyed Quake II and Quake IV the most because I prefer a single player story to playing online. So I hope it has a campaign with a decent story, great AI and is a good PC port with all the trimmings like an FOV slider and quick saves.

Quake 1 that takes advantage of modern hardware. I want it to be the exact same game, but look like it was released in 2013. Only visually. Everything else needs to remain the same.

They also need to do that with Unreal Tournament 4 (or the next installment whatever they intend to call it). Exact same game as the original, but on modern hardware that looks like it game out in 2013. Everything else needs to remain the same.

Oh and plus modern anti cheat measures to keep the people who can't play but pretend to play.

Yea... Why not? Quake 3 runs smoothly on a galaxy s 1....and UT 3 runs on modern ARM SoCs....

But thats the 1906 version. An updated graphics version would need something more. Phone games still look like PS2 titles. It's not Unreal Tournament 3, it's Unreal Engine 3, which is just the engine. The games are specially made games with not exactly pretty assets (or missing things, like the citadel tech demo with no characters, just a bunch of low poly buildings). Something like UE3, an oldish title, wouldn't run so well, especially not well enough to be considered for every device.

Quake 2 with prettier graphics. 3rd best FPS experience of my life. Preceded by Desert Combat and MOHAA.

I think Quake 1 was best... get that gritty style back, with NIN and don't worry too much about story just make really fun awesome levels that can be both creeped about slowly as well as speedran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back