Quake 5 - What would YOU want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A revisit of QuakeII would be awesome, it was the perfect speed, simple, fun, moddable. Oh man the memories!

needless to say im all fucking drunk thank you, just saw "QUAKE 5" on the title and it was like: omg! omg! omg! :D

Drunk this early in the day already? Damn bro...

I would like a decent single player mode...sick of all these FPS being multiplayer first single player dead last.

quake 2. me and about 50 other players still play LMCTF and l-fire ctf. we have ladders and open weekly pub nights. www.lmctf.com or lmctf on FB.

anything close to quake2/q3 would be perfect.

I need for it not to drop and blow cattle nearly as vigorously or with as much suction as Rage did.

Slipgate warriors, inter-dimensional beings and neo-gothic architecture. In other words: Quake.

Quake II was internally only a working title for what was intended to be a new IP for id. It's both a Quake game and not quite a Quake game, if that makes any sense.

Drunk this early in the day already? Damn bro...

I would like a decent single player mode...sick of all these FPS being multiplayer first single player dead last.

whattttt?? im a boss bro, i'm 30 and i'm entitled to it, let me fucking slave drive em according to my own, fuckem :D :D :D

like quake 2 , fighting stroggs. Or like quake 4, it was ok.

It was a toss up with me, Loved Quake 2. but really enjoyed Quake 4 just as easily. As long as Quake V would stick with the Strogg story line I'd be happy. I never played the multiplayer for either game, I just played the single player. This time around add some co-op play perhaps and that'd be the icing on the cake.

I want Id to not go anywhere near Quake 5 after the travesty that is Rage. If "Rage" was Id's so called first real attempt at a story line than I hope to god they have the sense to let a good third party developer come in and make it for them.

They should also make it a twitch shooter like the first 3 , avoid replicating the 4th one at all costs.

-shaft Quake
-pills (hand grenade) Quake II
-rocket trails Quake II (I seriously dislike the teleporting rockets in Quake Live)
-remove jump pads and add back in air acceleration off corners
-put back in bunny hopping and rocket jumping (what were you thinking Raven)
-CTF mod should always have a grappling hook
-no single player Quake III (a good idea to focus on the core of the game the MP)
-no sniper rifles, spotting, aim assist and not made for the console

probably some other stuff I am forgetting..

BFG 10K like from Quake 2, loved those beams that fired off it then when it hit... BLAMM!! flash fry everything LOL. ALSO I LOVE that minigun loved spinning it up in some stroggs face point blank and watch him turn to red mist. Strogg story definitely and co-op would be sweet!

a great FPS is what I want. Playing Quake II was awesome 3 and 4 not so much...

no lobbies - servers only.
robust anti-cheat.
pc only.
mod/mapping support aswel as support for .cfgs.

whoa whoa whoa... let me finish Quake 4 first! I'm almost done... I promise.

Nothing its pretty much perfect the way it is now. (quake live that is)

Too bad ID seems to be intent on making it worse. I've been in since early closed beta and can't play maps I've been playing there for like 4 years now because of the way the map voting system works now.

They obviously, really tried to push people over to the premium service... which is fine, I've paid for it before, but they handled it so stupidly that the people who did own it were relatively scarce or just ended up playing on regular servers because it was 20x faster to get a game going. They never rotated the premium maps into the regular cycle to even see if you liked it, and if you wanted to try it, you had to be invited to a premium game or just eat the $24 cost in one shot because you couldn't pay monthly. It should of just been $5 a month and discounted for buying time in bulk like ever other sane payment system in the universe, that's much easier to swallow for an impulse buy / to test the service.

Monthly payment cost in GIANT text
* tiny rofl you can only pay annually idiot text here

But it's still as solid as ever gameplay wise.

If a Quake 5 does ever come out I hope its back to its original roots with no linear gameplay, bullshit cutscenes and no bullshit health regeneration and weapon limits.

i remember awesome times in high school staying after and playing Quake 1 on a 8 person LAN in computer science lab.

Quake 2 had awesome single player - I remember being freaked out running through the Strogg labs where they were chopping up humans and putting implants and such on them.

Quake 3 was fast and fun

Quake 4 -- i honestly don't remember a damn thing about it.

I don't understand the love for Quake II. I found Quake's dark, Lovecraftian world and monster design, along with Reznor's excellent soundtrack, far more engrossing and atmospheric than Willits' bog-standard and fucking generic sci-fi shit of Quake II.

Easy.

Model the MP as close to Q3 as possible. Include a rocket arena mode out of the box for clan matches.

Model the SP after Q2. Go for the gothic / dark atmosphere. Maybe even get NIN to do a soundtrack?

The biggest thing will be integrating clans into the game. If you can make it somewhat like Starcraft (don't take away dedicated servers though), where 4 friends can que up and get thrown into random matches with a ladder system I feel that would be a move in a positive direction.

I won't hold my breath though. Id software seems more interested in making game engines vs. reinventing FPS's.

QUAKE 1 + 2 REMAKE FOR SINGLEPLAYER

QUAKE 3 REMAKE FOR MULTIPLAYER.

Perfection.

This also goes for Unreal 4...

UT2K4 Multiplayer and Unreal singleplayer.

What all these people think x 100

Quake nailgun was good

Quake II was where multiplayer was born
for me.

Quake has never been as bad as Doom so that is a plus.

But it needs better multiplayer like Q3 had. Q4 had a bunch of dark levels and that doesn't recapture Q3 DM at all.

What was the last good ID game?

They can make neat graphics engines, but I honestly don't think they're up to the task of making a game that had the impact any of the Quake 1-3 games had.

fuck quake 2, everyone is asking for quake 2, that is what Q4 was, a sequel to quake 2.. look how that turned out.. i would personally want a revisit of the Q1 world, both SP and MP were fun so if they could revamp that whole look and feel with quakeworld gameplay i think it would be great

Quake 1-3 were all awesome. Quake 4 had okay single player but the multiplayer was a huge letdown. Quake Enemy Territory was okay. Quake 3 mutliplayer lives on in Quake Live. I don't think they can really improve the multipalyer in anyway and have it still be "Quake". What is there left to want from Quake?
I guess they could make another single player game but Quake has never really had amazing single player.

Epic kind of took over ID Software's role by doing everything better. Unreal Tournament has progressively gotten better. I would rather see another Unreal Tournament. Maybe a massively multiplayer version similar to PlanetSide 2.

Fun well balanced multiplayer with LAN and mods and exploitable movement, and 128 players...:D (because 64 has been done...). No perks or weapon shops. No silly crap that CS ingrained into everyones heads.

Oh and for when no one is around, or to fill up player slots, fun, challenging AI.

Single player more like Quake 1. Even though the Strogg are pretty much Quake now, it would be nice to see the concept for the first game carried out fully with modern graphics... Oh and coop. Also for ease of use make it coop where you don't need to do anything "fancy". :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back