Quake 4 Point Release 1.3 {Upgrade 1.2 ~ 1.3 - 140MB}

[ Q4 PR 1.3 Upgrade Install @ fojji ]
[ Q4 PR 1.3 Upgrade Install @ FileFront ]
[ Q4 PR 1.3 Upgrade Install @ FileCloud ]
[ Q4 PR 1.3 Upgrade Install @ FileShack ]
[ Q4 PR 1.3 Upgrade Install @ Levitation ]
[ Q4 PR 1.3 Upgrade Install @ PlanetQuake4 ]

Quake 4 1.3 Readme: [ Link ]

We've been working hard and playing harder to bring you the release of version 1.3 for Quake 4. This update includes a host of new and community requested features such as: more agile player movement, weapon balance adjustments, a single ambient light option, improved rendering and cpu peformance and much more. We are also excited to introduce some brand new elements to Quake 4:

* New gametype - DeadZone
* New multiplayer weapon - Napalm Launcher
* 8 new professionally made maps
* 4 revized maps for additional DeadZone support
* Buy mode server option that allows you to purchase weapons and equipment.

We hope everyone enjoys the new content, features and fixes! For a complete list of changes, please see the README.

The 1.3 update affects pure server and protocol consistency. Therefore, players who update to 1.3 from ANY previous version will only be able to connect and play against other 1.3 users.
Save games created on any previous version of the game will not be compatible with the 1.3 update.

Source: [ id software ]

lozaning said:
i was under the impression that like 4 people played quake 4 online

That was about a useless post if you post something at least make it constructive :rolleyes: Besides I play Q4 Online with the other 4 so that makes 5

Enigma said:
That was about a useless post if you post something at least make it constructive :rolleyes: Besides I play Q4 Online with the other 4 so that makes 5
+1 = 6

Community has almost doubled in less than a day!

I heard 5 of those 6 were bots. That means one of the previous posters isn't real, but which one? :p

i still play :confused: whats with the assumption that this game never gets played? just no one uses the ingame browser

thanks for the direct links!

It's been played at every LAN I've been to since it's release (~10 LANs) by more than 20 people so I would so it is played, at least locally.

The new features look interesting. But where are the player shadows? I did not turn on ambient lightning, but can no longer see my own and other's shadow. Withouth proper shadowing, the view looks like there were characters floating over a photo.

seta g_skipItemShadowsMP "0"
seta g_skipPlayerShadowsMP "0"
seta g_showPlayerShadow "1"

Edit: Got the shadows back. They just do not appear in every place in the new maps. I think the new gamemode, deadzone, has potential. It's more fun than campy deathmatch or boring "capture the flag". Just wish there were more open areas and team play, but there will be Quake Wars.

Back