Quad SLI drivers to release by end of June or early July

Manoj

Gawd
The sales of our local XFX distributor informed me that he got news from Computex that the drivers will be ready within a month. May be end of June or early July.

So we just have to wait for a month. I told the sales that once he gets news that the drivers are ready, just send me a second card.

there is also the leaked drivers running around... I have it, just waiting for my cards to come in :)

sam0t said:
The leaked ones have terrible performance :(

And this one does not sound good either:

Bad News

It's at least a fix for the time being so you can at least use all 4's. :)

Yes I can only imagine the pain if you could not stick those two babies in because of drivers. :) Just makes you wonder how manufacturers have so bad intel on drivers. I mean XFX "drivers coming next month" and then a site quoting Nvidia "drivers arrive in 2 months earliest".

sam0t said:
And this one does not sound good either:

Bad News
LOL. That's what Fuad (idiot) posted on theinq ("We have recieved word...", yeah right. That's was nonsense printed on the Internet's bathroom wall.). Bit-tech is worthless for news. Just yesterday they also said that Conroe was delayed until September. :rolleyes:

Here's a hint: look for a source of the rumor ("according to nvidia", "according to card makers"), and ignore it if the garbage you read doesn't even bother with something verifiable (of if it's from Fuad, it's likely to be wrong 90% of the time).

Ockie said:
there is also the leaked drivers running around... I have it, just waiting for my cards to come in :)

Those are not the right ones. They are still the early set. Why try the leaked drivers and deal with headaches? Just wait a month or 2 for the official driver set and buy the second card at a slightly cheaper price.

Manoj said:
Those are not the right ones. They are still the early set. Why try the leaked drivers and deal with headaches? Just wait a month or 2 for the official driver set and buy the second card at a slightly cheaper price.

Yeah definitely. A single 7950 GX2 is faster then any other single card available so it should have no problem running any game at high settings for the moment. Grab a second one when they drop in price more.

Yeah, it may be fun to run to the stores and grab 2 cards for quad sli but it will not be fun try and leaked drivers after drivers praying for one to work properly. Even if does work well for one game then how about the other.

Give the mind the much needed rest and wait for the official drivers and enjoy Quad SLI properly. Till then, prepare for Conroe which will be out in a couple of weeks and watch the World Cup (FIFA) :D

Manoj said:

Considering I got them at no cost... I don't think it's a bad trade off ;)

Secondly, did you get the right drivers that were found on torrent sites? I think another user linked the drivers.

Manoj said:

Excellent plan! Actually, that's just what I did. Got my first 7950 today and plan to get another upon the official release of QUAD SLI.

Ockie said:
Considering I got them at no cost... I don't think it's a bad trade off ;)

Secondly, did you get the right drivers that were found on torrent sites? I think another user linked the drivers.

Those must be leaked beta drivers which are not stable. If Nvidia had stable drivers, they wouldn't be hold them. They would have released them by now. Right?

Back