Quad Ethernet Card

PHUNBALL

Gawd
I am looking for a quality quad fast ethernet card for a new firewall I am putting together at home. In the current firewall I have 4 individual cards and want to slim that down a bit.

I have used QFE's with Sun box's in the past (sbus and PCI), but have not used any on an x86 platform. Basically I am just looking for recomendations, experience, etc. to help me make a decision...

TIA

I think compaq makes some.... look on ebay. If you cant find those, go with the Intel PRO/100+ dual port cards, theyre really nice.

Here are 3 cards the first 2 are nice name brands, but will cost you some bucks. The other is a realtek looks good enough and less then 20 bucks. If you like some others, I would google it as I did.

INTEL

ADAPTEC

RealTek

Originally posted by Zardoz
Here are 3 cards the first 2 are nice name brands, but will cost you some bucks. The other is a realtek looks good enough and less then 20 bucks. If you like some others, I would google it as I did.

INTEL

ADAPTEC

RealTek

Thanks, I have already found several cards, I just wanted to see if anyone had any input, observations, or experiences with some cards that worked well for them...

Worked with the Intel 1, 2, and 4 port versions and of course they all work perfectly. I always prefer Intel NICs.

If it's just a home firewall then who cares, get the cheapest one out there. If it's for a business, then intel all the way.

Originally posted by Anthony.L
Worked with the Intel 1, 2, and 4 port versions and of course they all work perfectly. I always prefer Intel NICs.

If it's just a home firewall then who cares, get the cheapest one out there. If it's for a business, then intel all the way.

I am also a big fan of Intel NIC's and that is the route i was looking at going, hopefully I can find one on Ebay for a good price...

Back