Qpack's CPU fan

w00ty

Weaksauce
edit: just noticed i posted this on the wrong place :/

Well I've got a 3700+ san diego in my qpack and it runs @37ºC on desktop - 48ºC max on full prime95 load, thats on stock speeds.

As those temps seem too high to me im gonna get a new cpu fan. I've been looking at zalman's 7000 and 7700 cu fans. I'd like to get the 120mm one, the 7700, and my mobo is listed on zalman's website as compatible, but before I get it, I'd like to know your thoughts about it, and if you would rather get the smaller version or something different.

Also, if i get to reduce temps enough, I'm planning on OCing -it gets over 50 if I do now-

Any comments will be appreciated.

Are you putting this on a Biostar board?? If so, I have some pics of that heatsink on it...

nope its a gigabyte k8nmf-9 mobo

wont such a big fan cause case airflow problems or something?

i wouldnt mind seeing pics of a 7700 on a biostar, its what im planing with mine once i decide on the color qpack i want, i dont like the way my xp90 is going to work so i will mod a 7700

Most use 7000B-CU's . They fit about anything, I even use one in my server tower, keeps the cpu at stock temps when its overclocked to 2.8 GHz. (A64 Venice 3000+).

Back