qpack + antec neo power owners

archevilangel

[H]ard|Gawd
How short does the cd/dvd drive need to be to fit? I'm considering buying a qpack, but I have a samsung burner which measures 7" from front to back without power/ide cable and I don't want to buy a new one.

I don't know the exact measurements, but the "short" drives I'd pick from are the Lite-on DVD Burners, Benq 1640, and any plextor drives. The benq 1640 is probably your best bet. I love mt neopower and my Lite-on drive.

Anyone know if there are any short Lightscribe drives that will fit with the X-Qpack & Antec PSU?

Unles you're set on Antec check out the Enermax PSU's. I just installed a Liberty 20 in one of my rigs and was highly impressed with it being VERY compact for it's power. In fact it was several inches shorter than my aspire PSU I had in my case.

Unles you're set on Antec check out the Enermax PSU's. I just installed a Liberty 20 in one of my rigs and was highly impressed with it being VERY compact for it's power. In fact it was several inches shorter than my aspire PSU I had in my case.

Sorry but could you state the exact model of this psu? Is it really smaller than the stock x qpack psu? This would be great because that means I wouldnt have to get new shorter dvd/cd drives.

tomcat said:
Sorry but could you state the exact model of this psu? Is it really smaller than the stock x qpack psu? This would be great because that means I wouldnt have to get new shorter dvd/cd drives.

mine is a Liberty 620W
My aspire PSU was not the stock Q-Pack PSU so I can't compare it apples for apples. I'm sure you can find dimensions though on the web. I'll say at the very least I don't think it's any bigger than the stock Qpack PSU plus it's modular and has 44A of 12V rail available.

The dimensions for the Enermax Liberty series of psus is W150 x H86 x D140 (mm) while the aspire is 116 x 149 x 87. I'm not too sure this would fit. Can someone confirm if this thing fits without the need for short optical drives?

well I was hoping someone would pop a ruler out and give me some dimensions. I already have the samsung drive and the antec neo power from my previous pc.

archevilangel said:
well I was hoping someone would pop a ruler out and give me some dimensions. I already have the samsung drive and the antec neo power from my previous pc.

hold on

for the neopwer 480 youre going to want something thats <180mm. but even at 180mm the drive will sit right up against the connectors on the psu. not super exact measurements but my current drive is a pioneer that 197mm and sticks out ~17mm when its pushed back against my neopower.

Calpis said:
for the neopwer 480 youre going to want something thats <180mm. but even at 180mm the drive will sit right up against the connectors on the psu. not super exact measurements but my current drive is a pioneer that 197mm and sticks out ~17mm when its pushed back against my neopower.
well 7 inches = 177.8 millimeters, so it sounds like my samsung drive fits. IDE cable shouldn't be a problem and the add your own molex(for lack of a better name) connectors that came with the neo power seem shorter than the regular molex ones I think it'll fit.

the drive will actually hit the modularconnectors before the molex connectors would make any contact with the power supply.

Back