Qosmio G35-650

ManicMachine

Weaksauce
Price/value aside (it's within my budget, that's all that matters)... what do people think of this laptop?

The specs are pretty impressive, with the exception of the 7600 video card (is it enough to game with at high res?) and the sound quality should be second to none...

Any opinions/comments welcome and appreciated..

No one has any input on this (or the new core 2 duo g35-av660 which is what I will get)?

I guess it'll be a trial by fire... I'm ordering one later today...

I didn't know they made laptops.
They're not a rebadge of some other brand are they?

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor* T7200
Windows® XP Media Center
2048MB PC5300 DDR2 667MHz SDRAM* (1024MBx2)
17" Diagonal Widescreen WUXGA Ultimate TruBrite™ Display* (1920 x 1200)
NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7600* with 256MB GDDR3 discrete graphics memory
240GB: Two 120GB HDDs* (5400rpm, Serial-ATA)
HD DVD-ROM* and DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) drive* (in one optical drive)
Intel® PRO/Wireless* 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g)
Bluetooth® (v.2.0) + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)*

1-bit Digital Amplifier and harman/kardon® enhanced Bass Reflex speakers

Looks like a capable machine but there's no way your going to game @ 1920x1200 with that video card.

All I play is WoW... I don't need rediculous framerates, it just needs to be smooth... and at that resolution on that size monitor you don't really need much filtering...

WTF is a 1 bit digital amplifier? Wouldn't that be...uh...an on / off switch?.

Sorry for O/T

UncleDavid218 said:
Looks like a capable machine but there's no way your going to game @ 1920x1200 with that video card.

So the native resolution of your laptop is directly related to the ability to play games now?
What ever happened to the strength of the videocard being the only thing you had to worry about???!?!?

Detman101 said:
I didn't know they made laptops.
They're not a rebadge of some other brand are they?

Huh? Qosmio is a Toshiba product line...

Aren't Qoismo those mosterous laptops that look like they'd what to eat my tiny ass laptop?
I don't know about performace but, last time I saw a Qoismo it was like an inch and a half thick... could be wrong though

Back