QNIX QX2710 vs QX2710 Evolution II?

DarkDubzs

Limp Gawd
So I have decided to get a QNIX QX2710. Sounds perfect, 1440p, 60Hz, overclockable, inexpensive. I dont plan on overclocking it though, because at 1440p, a GTX 970 can usually hover around 60fps anyways, so it's not worth overclocking it and getting the disadvantages of OC'ing it.
On Newegg, there are three types of this monitor: Just the QNIX QX2710 ($360), a Perfect Pixel (no dead pixels) version of the QNIX QX2710($420), and a QNIX QX2710 Evolution II($310). The only difference I see here between the regular one and the evolution ii is that the Evolution is the cheapest, claims to be overclockable, has a 2ms shorter response time, and is an AHVA panel instead of a PLS panel. As far as I have researched, AHVA and PLS panels are basically the same. What is the difference between the panel types? What are the real differences in these three monitors, that you claim? Which should I get?
I am leaning towards the Evolution II because it says it has a 6ms response time, as opposed to the 8ms time of the regular QX2710, says it is "overclockable" and is the cheapest. I probably wont mind if there are one or two dead pixels on whichever monitor since they will hopefully be so small that I cant even tell.

So yeah, what are the differences in these monitors? They seem so closely matched? I cant find any info from the manufacturer or Newegg, Amazon, Ebay about ports, other than they all have DVI-D, so any help on that aspect, guys? Which, out of the three, should I get?

Please help. Any info, help, etc. is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

There's a vast amount of information about these monitors you could have Google'd...

This post is linked to in the first post of the giant Qnix/X-Star OCN Thread:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-qnix-x-star-1440p-monitor-club/18800#post_22351276

Multi True 10 have a frame of input lag and actually have slower pixel response times than the PLS versions, despite the lower claimed 4ms.

Hey im actually watching your review. I actually just searched the display forum and read this thread. They said SE in the title means it is a defective or dead pixel ridden monitor, which makes sense since they are the least expensive=least quality. And now that you explained what the TRUE 10 means, I got a better understanding. I had no idea what those two things meant. From that thread I linked, it seems like I'll be getting either of these, whichever ends up being the cheapest or still available when I purchase... 1, 2. Im leaning towards 1 though, because it has 858 people watching it, as opposed to 2 only having 120 people watching it, but I would still get either of the two monitors. I still dont know much about the available connections, all I know is they have at least a DVI-D connection, but it would be nice if I could get one with more connections.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back