QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 1440p $289 on Ebay Free Shipping

what is better? matte or glossy?
I called up ipsledmonitors.com and one of the questions I asked was that. Basically, the way he explained it to me, if you like your monitor looking like a mirror when it's turned off, get the glossy version. If you don't, then get the matte. I'll stick to matte.

I bought one of these a while back and mine doesn't have more bleeding than my old Dell 2407FPW did, but it did come with two pixels that have issues. One pixel shows up in a noticeable green when the background is black or dark shades of gray (doesn't happen with blue or other dark colors). The other pixel shows up in a very faint green when the background is black or dark shades of gray (doesn't happen with blue or other dark colors).

Both of those pixels are in the upper right corner out of the way and after having used this monitor for a couple months now I can't make the noticeable green pixel out unless I specifically look for it. The faint one is very hard to find.

I did buy mine from ipsledmonitors.com just because I did want the ability to easily return it. Shipping this monitor back to Korea using a commercial UPS account would cost me ~$150 from my location. Shipping it to ipsledmonitors.com in CA would cost me ~$60.

ipsledmonitors.com doesn't pay for return shipping, and when I got in touch with them about the pixel issue they said that I can ship it back and they will ship me a new one but they cannot guarantee that it would have zero dead pixels (the pixel-perfect sellers allow for two dead pixels if you read their auctions).

I didn't want to pay $60 just to get another monitor which would have potential pixel issues closer to the center or high backlight bleed so I kept the one I have. I so rarely use/see black backgrounds (other than on [H]) that the one truly screwy pixel isn't an issue for me.

I would buy this monitor again, but I'd probably buy straight from eBay rather than ipsledmonitors.com and just risk that I have to eat the cost of shipping it back to Korea rather than pay the $30 extra I paid to ipsledmonitors.com for buying from them rather than eBay.

I bought one of these a while back and mine doesn't have more bleeding than my old Dell 2407FPW did, but it did come with two pixels that have issues. One pixel shows up in a noticeable green when the background is black or dark shades of gray (doesn't happen with blue or other dark colors). The other pixel shows up in a very faint green when the background is black or dark shades of gray (doesn't happen with blue or other dark colors).

Both of those pixels are in the upper right corner out of the way and after having used this monitor for a couple months now I can't make the noticeable green pixel out unless I specifically look for it. The faint one is very hard to find.

I did buy mine from ipsledmonitors.com just because I did want the ability to easily return it. Shipping this monitor back to Korea using a commercial UPS account would cost me ~$150 from my location. Shipping it to ipsledmonitors.com in CA would cost me ~$60.

ipsledmonitors.com doesn't pay for return shipping, and when I got in touch with them about the pixel issue they said that I can ship it back and they will ship me a new one but they cannot guarantee that it would have zero dead pixels (the pixel-perfect sellers allow for two dead pixels if you read their auctions).

I didn't want to pay $60 just to get another monitor which would have potential pixel issues closer to the center or high backlight bleed so I kept the one I have. I so rarely use/see black backgrounds (other than on [H]) that the one truly screwy pixel isn't an issue for me.

I would buy this monitor again, but I'd probably buy straight from eBay rather than ipsledmonitors.com and just risk that I have to eat the cost of shipping it back to Korea rather than pay the $30 extra I paid to ipsledmonitors.com for buying from them rather than eBay.

If you use USPS international economy you shouldn't be paying more than $100 if you setup the shipment online, if you need to ship something back to Korea.

It seems, and I say seems people are getting Dream-Seller pay return shipping, but not for minor pixel issues.

As for Glossy vs Matte: There are no more glossy only panels, when it comes to X-Star/Qnix, you'll receive a tempered glass monitor with either a glossy panel or matte underneath, or as Green-Sum likes to say, Glossy + Glass. :rolleyes:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you use USPS international economy you shouldn't be paying more than $100 if you setup the shipment online, if you need to ship something back to Korea.

It seems, and I say seems people are getting Dream-Seller pay return shipping, but not for minor pixel issues.

As for Glossy vs Matte: There are no more glossy only panels, when it comes to X-Star/Qnix, you'll receive a tempered glass monitor with either a glossy panel or matte underneath, or as Green-Sum likes to say, Glossy + Glass. :rolleyes:

Isn't that bad?

I called up ipsledmonitors.com and one of the questions I asked was that. Basically, the way he explained it to me, if you like your monitor looking like a mirror when it's turned off, get the glossy version. If you don't, then get the matte. I'll stick to matte.

That's not too good of an explanation.

Matte will reduce glare and is the typical coating you'd find on your standard monitor. I feel that the matte coating on the Qnix is not very aggressive so it doesn't cause too much issues with losing color saturation or making darks look washed out. It definitely isn't as vibrant as my glossy display, but nothing I couldn't get used to.

Glossy will give you better color saturation and deeper darks but the downside is that the glare is not diffused at all. So you get very sharp reflections and sometimes I feel like direct sunlight will over power the backlight making it very low contrast looking. But for the most part I don't feel like glossy is insanely worse than matte but it does have moments when it can get a little hard to see past reflections. Another issue is you may run into dust getting between the glass and lcd screen. I have a glossy Auria display at home and haven't had an issue, but my Thunderbolt display at work has a particle of dust behind the glass and I can look past it most of the time but when I notice it it gets really annoying.

Matte will reduce glare and is the typical coating you'd find on your standard monitor. I feel that the matte coating on the Qnix is not very aggressive so it doesn't cause too much issues with losing color saturation or making darks look washed out. It definitely isn't as vibrant as my glossy display, but nothing I couldn't get used to.

Glossy will give you better color saturation and deeper darks but the downside is that the glare is not diffused at all. So you get very sharp reflections and sometimes I feel like direct sunlight will over power the backlight making it very low contrast looking. But for the most part I don't feel like glossy is insanely worse than matte but it does have moments when it can get a little hard to see past reflections. Another issue is you may run into dust getting between the glass and lcd screen. I have a glossy Auria display at home and haven't had an issue, but my Thunderbolt display at work has a particle of dust behind the glass and I can look past it most of the time but when I notice it it gets really annoying.
The other thing he added was that if there are windows in the room, esp. in front of the monitor, then it can reflect sunlight like crazy on a glossy monitor. I asked him what my current monitor is (I have a 24" Dell LCD from several years ago) and he said if you can see yourself almost like a mirror when the monitor is off, then it's glossy. If you only see your silhouette, then it's matte. So I learned my old Dell is matte.

$330 :/

waiting for my paypal to clear.... first time using paypal >__<

im more of an amazon person

$330 :/

waiting for my paypal to clear.... first time using paypal >__<

im more of an amazon person
Just curious why you chose that seller instead of the guy selling it for $289?

Edit: Congrats on popping your PayPal cherry. :D

Just curious why you chose that seller instead of the guy selling it for $289?

Edit: Congrats on popping your PayPal cherry. :D

this guy isn't selling pixel perfect :(

but i chose him because my friend in FL bought one from him and it was flawless and oc'd to 120hz no problem.

hope i get the same.

this guy isn't selling pixel perfect :(

but i chose him because my friend in FL bought one from him and it was flawless and oc'd to 120hz no problem.

hope i get the same.

Oh OK. Good luck! As I'm sure you've read here, QC is unpredictable with these monitors. Some get perfect (no dead pixels, min. BLB) whereas some don't. I'm also on the fence b/c of this risk on pulling the trigger for one of these cheap Korean 27" LCDs.

Oh OK. Good luck! As I'm sure you've read here, QC is unpredictable with these monitors. Some get perfect (no dead pixels, min. BLB) whereas some don't. I'm also on the fence b/c of this risk on pulling the trigger for one of these cheap Korean 27" LCDs.

Meh, I just got frustrated so I just pulled the trigger. I actually have a catleap (flawless) but it's only 60hz. after when i saw my dad get a new hdtv that's 240hz, the fluidity of the picture just made my jaw drop. Instantly. I knew I needed a monitor of at least 100hz lol

so off to ebay i went. because half the people here that pm'd me for when I was looking to purchase a qnix wanted more than what they went for on ebay... it's quite annoying. lol

Meh, I just got frustrated so I just pulled the trigger. I actually have a catleap (flawless) but it's only 60hz. after when i saw my dad get a new hdtv that's 240hz, the fluidity of the picture just made my jaw drop. Instantly. I knew I needed a monitor of at least 100hz lol

so off to ebay i went. because half the people here that pm'd me for when I was looking to purchase a qnix wanted more than what they went for on ebay... it's quite annoying. lol

120/240HZ+ TVs are interpolated, they are still 60Hz

glossy =/= glass

Please realize that "pixel perfect" means that there can be at least 2 dead pixels. AFAIK none of the sellers on eBay/Amazon/ipsmonitors guarantee a 100% perfect screen. Actually I just checked the bigclothcraft auctions and he says that there can be 1 dead pixel.

Thinking about picking one of these up. I've been wanting another monitor for awhile now. Are they good for gaming? How hard is it to OC to 96-120hz?

Please realize that "pixel perfect" means that there can be at least 2 dead pixels. AFAIK none of the sellers on eBay/Amazon/ipsmonitors guarantee a 100% perfect screen. Actually I just checked the bigclothcraft auctions and he says that there can be 1 dead pixel.

There are a few that offer the "Ultimate perfect pixel" purchase where it guarantees zero DP's. However BLB might still occur. But BLB isn't TOO much of a problem to me. Since according to the ocn forums, there is a 99.9% fix to it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Pe...3937?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item3f2f361831

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
There are a few that offer the "Ultimate perfect pixel" purchase where it guarantees zero DP's. However BLB might still occur. But BLB isn't TOO much of a problem to me. Since according to the ocn forums, there is a 99.9% fix to it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Pe...3937?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item3f2f361831
Wow, quite a bit more expensive for true perfect pixel - $360 vs. $290. : \ Granted, that's still quite a bit cheaper than Dell, HP, etc. 27" LCD (new).

glossy =/= glass

It's true that not all tempered glass displays are glossy underneath, however from my research the Apple Thunderbolt display(The display I referenced in my post) is in fact glossy under the glass. But in general Korean temper glass monitors are not glossy under the glass.

Heh if you're honestly going to buy one, just get the X-Star for $279, the last batch was fine, as the one I have is the closest to being perfect as you're going to get.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matte-FREE-...8190?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4d0d1e678e
From my pretty brief comparison research, those 2 monitors (X-Star and QNIX) are almost identical, from specs to appearance. Am I missing something? So why does QNIX get most of the headlines instead of X-Star? ipsledmonitors.com sells both at the same price ($340, pretty inflated compared to Ebay auctions).

From my pretty brief comparison research, those 2 monitors (X-Star and QNIX) are almost identical, from specs to appearance. Am I missing something? So why does QNIX get most of the headlines instead of X-Star? ipsledmonitors.com sells both at the same price ($340, pretty inflated compared to Ebay auctions).

They're the same thing, they come out of the same factory, and X-Star is just as popular on OCN.

I really don't know how many times I'm going to link this, but maybe eventually people will actually read through it.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

If you read page 1433, you'll see 2 more people got one from the last shipment, and there's as well are nearly perfect.

They're the same thing, they come out of the same factory, and X-Star is just as popular on OCN.

I really don't know how many times I'm going to link this, but maybe eventually people will actually read through it.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

If you read page 1433, you'll see 2 more people got one from the last shipment, and there's as well are nearly perfect.

I have posted in that thread many times. If you look at the owners club list, the Qnix is way ahead for the amount of people that buy it over the X-Star. I would love to see how many have sold and people didn't join the club.

I have posted in that thread many times. If you look at the owners club list, the Qnix is way ahead for the amount of people that buy it over the X-Star. I would love to see how many have sold and people didn't join the club.

Currently, I would have to disagree and say there's more X-Stars being bought, those currently buying Qnix are buying from other countries than the US it seems. The whole deal with accessorieswhole shipping out how many bad Qnix monitors didn't help either.

In the end though, its not what logo is on the generic casing, its the quality of the batches they've received.

I couldn't resist it at that price, X-star on the way. $279 I'm picky about monitors but it was just to temping. Worst case I'll bring it into work for software development.

no jinx I hope but my qnix is 6 months old. 0 dead or stuck pixels and i have oc'd it to 140 with no problem. Not to sure how high it goes I gave up at that time.
I am running a 780 GHZ so maybe I should run it at 120 and see if there is much difference than 60hz.
It is so much brighter and clearer than any tx panel and perfect in games.

would buy again

Well I bit on an XStar. I bought a HP zr30w to finally get some resolution coming from a 37" westy. I had read to get the 27" for gaming. I just felt like I'd miss the size and maybe the naysayers were obsessive, plus this whole gamble idea. I do like the HP, but I do stare at the glow in dark scenes. Figured maybe I'd just stop doing that, but less than $300 what the heck.

I did buy the HP from Amazon market place "Used-Like New" so I won't take a huge bath if I need to sell it, except for this whole regular joes get soaked on shipping thing.

Last edited:
Does the X-Star from dream-seller come with a US compatible power adapter?

You just need a standard power cable (ie. PSU power cable). I bought a X-Star from dreamseller for $299 and it is pixel-perfect 120Hz.

You just need a standard power cable (ie. PSU power cable). I bought a X-Star from dreamseller for $299 and it is pixel-perfect 120Hz.

Thanks, Been eyeing these for some time but haven't pulled the trigger since I need to build a new system. I think it is about time.

Well I bit on an XStar. I bought a HP zr30w to finally get some resolution coming from a 37" westy. I had read to get the 27" for gaming. I just felt like I'd miss the size and maybe the naysayers were obsessive, plus this whole gamble idea. I do like the HP, but I do stare at the glow in dark scenes. Figured maybe I'd just stop doing that, but less than $300 what the heck.

I did buy the HP from Amazon market place "Used-Like New" so I won't take a huge bath if I need to sell it, except for this whole regular joes get soaked on shipping thing.

We will see I'm replacing the Westy 37" I'm typing on right now. I have 3 older SIPS 23" I picked up a heavily used 6 or 7 years ago for $125 each on ebay, I was expecting prices to have dropped more by now but I am tired of waiting. (Everyone was worried these 23's would burn out but I got my 6 years out of them without any issues so far). The colors may be slightly better on the SIPS, but black levels are SHIT in comparison to the Westy. And colors are not leaps and bounds better after I calibrated the Westinghouse with my Spyder Pro.

I'm a gamer so I was trying to hold out for the new 1440p 120htz with lightboost, but I do realize that gaming on my computer is probably only a 10th of the time I spend on it so this sounded like a better fit. Besides I'm terrible at BF4 anyways.

Back