QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 1440p $289 on Ebay Free Shipping

I could tell it was slower than my TN panel that I had, but it wasn't enough to make me want to switch to gaming exclusively on the TN. I found it perfectly suitable for gaming until I tried a 120hz monitor (Eizo Foris FG2421). Now I could never go back to the Korean monitor. My suggestion would be to exist in ignorance and never try a monitor with 120hz and you should remain quite happy with your purchase.

ncx recently updated his qnix review after using smt tool 2.0, and he found that the qnix qx2710 had less than 3 ms of input lag, and that was at 60 hz.

Yea, the monitors (non multi-input) have very little input lag but quite a bit more motion blur. Overall though, I found it very satisfying to use for gaming before I made the leap to my Eizo 120hz. 2560x1440 120fps can be somewhat expensive to consistently get though.

Last edited:
My dead Catleap has been sitting in a corner for months. Never again.

I'll stick to my crappy 1080 Dell.

dont forget the risk. i got mine from excellentcastle, who was great honestly, but the POS broke on a few hours. then i waited weeks for a replacement board (yes, for my monitor) which i had to install myself and it still broke again in a few hours

My dead Catleap has been sitting in a corner for months. Never again.

I'll stick to my crappy 1080 Dell.

To prevent such issues, I purchased a $30 3-year square trade warranty so if mine breaks I can either get them repaired for free or get refunded for their cost.

I've been eying this monitor for a while. I have an 8 y/o 24" Dell LCD (1920x1200, which is still running great, but I want a higher resolution. I've heard mixed reviews for this QNIX, they're either great or terrible (dies quickly). I see that ipsledmonitors.com is selling this for $410 shipped w/ a 3-year warranty, so the $290 + cost of extended warranty deal seems great.

To prevent such issues, I purchased a $30 3-year square trade warranty so if mine breaks I can either get them repaired for free or get refunded for their cost.
On the note of extended warranty I just mentioned above, how does Square Trade warranty work in terms of shipping? If a product breaks during the 3-year warranty, do they pay for shipping both ways?

I've been eying this monitor for a while. I have an 8 y/o 24" Dell LCD (1920x1200, which is still running great, but I want a higher resolution. I've heard mixed reviews for this QNIX, they're either great or terrible (dies quickly). I see that ipsledmonitors.com is selling this for $410 shipped w/ a 3-year warranty, so the $290 + cost of extended warranty deal seems great.

On the note of extended warranty I just mentioned above, how does Square Trade warranty work in terms of shipping? If a product breaks during the 3-year warranty, do they pay for shipping both ways?

They don't repair these, you ship it to them and get a refund; they go after the seller/manufacturer.
How'd you get it for only $30?

There's someone who works for Square Trade on OCN, if you pm him, he will get you a discount code, but he can't help on claims.

They don't repair these, you ship it to them and get a refund; they go after the seller/manufacturer.

That's what I meant, does Square Trade provide a shipping label to send the bad monitor and then ship the new monitor for free? I've only bought Square Trade warranty once, for a cheap LCD TV, but never had to use it during the warranty period.

Just hooked it up, monitor looks great, only 1 dead pixel, won't be overclocking it until I get my 290 upgrade, no need to when I dont have the horse power yet to push it, currently running GTX460 SLI, couldn't be happier.

Bought mine from Green-Sum last May for like $325, and it's been great. It had zero pixel issues and very, very minimal bleeding. It can do 120hz but I was getting occasional weirdness, so I kept it at 96hz. I need to set all that back up since my latest reformat.

This had crazy fast shipping. I bought it on Saturday (2/1) and received it on Wednesday (2/5). Excellent display, currently running it at 96Hz, was getting some artifacts at 120Hz.

I'm not seeing any dead pixels at quick glance, haven't looked terribly close yet. Does suffer from a bit of bleeding though (when on a total black screen), I'll pull it apart and attempt to fix that another time.

Took this picture in a dark room, greatly exaggerates the bleed, but shows where it's happening:

EZWucKjl.jpg

Now if only DVI-D KVM switches were cheaper...

Last edited:
the HP zr2740w can be had for $450 and includes 3 year warranty with HP. I understand that there can be issues with this HP monitor model too, but the warranty with HP offers a greater peace of mind and reassurance.

So if you want just the resolution, then I think the HP is a better deal for long term ownership.
If you want the high resolution monitor for gaming features, then gambling with korean A- monitors is the way to go.

the HP zr2740w can be had for $450 and includes 3 year warranty with HP. I understand that there can be issues with this HP monitor model too, but the warranty with HP offers a greater peace of mind and reassurance.

So if you want just the resolution, then I think the HP is a better deal for long term ownership.
If you want the high resolution monitor for gaming features, then gambling with korean A- monitors is the way to go.

you can buy a squaretrade warranty and still pay significantly less than $450. and from what i've read about quality control for all of the mid-high end monitors from pretty much all manufacturers, the risk you'll get a messed up panel is pretty much equal.

The HP has a height adjustable stand and can possibly be exchanged easily at local stores.

If you don't mind a rather large and possibly ugly stand then this is worth checking out:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Dell-RM361-Monitor-Stand-Dock-Dell-PN-330-0874-/110690119659

I would also suggest to stick with this ebay listing since this seller is known to ship with the full vesa mounting hardware. Other sellers will sell the stand with just the Dell quick attach mount but charge up the butt for the vesa hardware.

I have these on both of my Korean monitors and they're pretty good replacement stands. You can even rotate them to portrait despite the fact that it claims to only support up to 24". One issue is that I found the screws that came with the vesa plate were too long for both of my monitors. However, you can always use some washers to fill the gap or find shorter screws.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
For anyone who has this monitor, can you tell me how much clearance there is with the stock stand from the bottom of the bezel to the table? I have a center speaker that is 5.5" tall that I would like to place it in front of the monitor and not have it block the bottom of the monitor.

If you don't mind a rather large and possibly ugly stand then this is worth checking out:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Dell-RM361-Monitor-Stand-Dock-Dell-PN-330-0874-/110690119659

I would also suggest to stick with this ebay listing since this seller is known to ship with the full vesa mounting hardware. Other sellers will sell the stand with just the Dell quick attach mount but charge up the butt for the vesa hardware.

I have these on both of my Korean monitors and they're pretty good replacement stands. You can even rotate them to portrait despite the fact that it claims to only support up to 24". One issue is that I found the screws that came with the vesa plate were too long for both of my monitors. However, you can always use some washers to fill the gap or find shorter screws.

pics?

For anyone who has this monitor, can you tell me how much clearance there is with the stock stand from the bottom of the bezel to the table? I have a center speaker that is 5.5" tall that I would like to place it in front of the monitor and not have it block the bottom of the monitor.

about 2.8 inches

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
you can buy a squaretrade warranty and still pay significantly less than $450. and from what i've read about quality control for all of the mid-high end monitors from pretty much all manufacturers, the risk you'll get a messed up panel is pretty much equal.

Do you know anything about what another poster said about having to buy a perfect pixel in order for the squaretrade to be valid?

Do you know anything about what another poster said about having to buy a perfect pixel in order for the squaretrade to be valid?

You don't have to, the real deal with buying a Squaretrade warranty and PP panel is that you can get them to warranty the dead pixel policy of the seller, and you're only out $30 if you want to keep playing the lottery.

about 2.8 inches
Thanks, but that sucks. There's no way the center speaker from my Logitech Z-5500 speaker set will fit under such a monitor without blocking the bottom. Granted, one could get an after market stand, like what cjhatesu mentioned.

I see that on Ebay, accessorieswhole is still selling this monitor for $289 shipped and green-sum is selling the "perfect pixel" version for $319 shipped. Both have a SquareTrade 3-year warranty link available for $42 and $50 respectively. green-sum's description for the dead pixel policy doesn't seem to be any different in the perfect pixel version. What gives? Is the cheaper monitor the way to go and get the ST warranty to not worry about defects?

Kinda sad that these still aren't coming down at all in price. I got one with the same panel in it for $301 shipped almost 2 years ago. You should be able to get one of these at Best Buy for this price by now.

I see that on Ebay, accessorieswhole is still selling this monitor for $289 shipped and green-sum is selling the "perfect pixel" version for $319 shipped. Both have a SquareTrade 3-year warranty link available for $42 and $50 respectively. green-sum's description for the dead pixel policy doesn't seem to be any different in the perfect pixel version. What gives? Is the cheaper monitor the way to go and get the ST warranty to not worry about defects?

Only speaking from my personal experience since I actually bought it from the link I posted. Mine came in with with 1 dead pixel that I can only spot against a white background and very minor backlight bleed from the bottom right off the center. Now, from what I read I got it better than most IMO regardless of what you buy its going to be luck based on what you get, its a gamble regardless.

Only speaking from my personal experience since I actually bought it from the link I posted. Mine came in with with 1 dead pixel that I can only spot against a white background and very minor backlight bleed from the bottom right off the center. Now, from what I read I got it better than most IMO regardless of what you buy its going to be luck based on what you get, its a gamble regardless.
Yeah, true about the "YMMV" about the quality of monitor one will receive. You did very well to get a very good panel for $289. Did you buy a ST warranty to get 3 years of lower stress? I'm still debating if I want to get this monitor b/c the price is so tempting compared to a Dell/HP/etc. which charge a lot more for new and even a refurb is 10-15% more.

Kinda sad that these still aren't coming down at all in price. I got one with the same panel in it for $301 shipped almost 2 years ago. You should be able to get one of these at Best Buy for this price by now.

you're insane

you're insane

Why? This product has been price-stable for over 2 years now. LG's just lining their pockets with your money at this point. Every single day the plant is open, these panels get cheaper to manufacture. Bring the price down and stock them at retail outlets in the US. There's no reason this size and resolution can't be the go-to for consumers instead of the ridiculously entrenched 1080P.

Why? This product has been price-stable for over 2 years now. LG's just lining their pockets with your money at this point. Every single day the plant is open, these panels get cheaper to manufacture. Bring the price down and stock them at retail outlets in the US. There's no reason this size and resolution can't be the go-to for consumers instead of the ridiculously entrenched 1080P.
Shipping is probably pretty expensive, which these Ebay sellers are providing for free. I think it's more insane that Dell's MSRP for the 2713, for example, is still at nosebleed pricing.

you're complaining about $290 when objectively worse monitors go for more than twice as much.

This product has been price-stable for over 2 years now.

your point?

the panel used in the QX2710 is made by samsung.

just lining their pockets with your money at this point.

that's generally how successful businesses work.

Every single day the plant is open, these panels get cheaper to manufacture.

i doubt that.

Bring the price down and stock them at retail outlets in the US

no comment.

There's no reason this size and resolution can't be the go-to for consumers instead of the ridiculously entrenched 1080P.

yes, there is. price. why would your average joe want a 2560x1440 monitor when all media is 1080p or less? why would he pay a premium for something he's not going to utilize, care about, or even have knowledge of?

my two cents. This is my second Korean panel. My first was a Crossover 27q from accesorieswhole.

I bought a Qnix 2710 from bigclothcraft for $329 pixel perfect. I bought it from him because accessorieswhole (I prefer him due to shipping speed) has been selling a number of defective QX2710 panels recently (people are assuming its a bad batch).

It is suspected that the extra cost of pixel perfect is a waste of money since they really don't confirm it. It may be true but at the minimum bigclothcraft took my panel out of the box removed the plastic film and reapplied it with painters tape. They also put a sticker on the outside of the box stating zero dead pixels. I have to assume if they went that far they plugged it in and looked at it for 5 seconds.

My panel has zero dead/stuck pixels and back light bleed..what back light bleed. :) I was able to overclock it to 110hz. 120hz gave me some anomallys. I'm very happy with the 110.

I love both my panels and most of the Korean panels around $300 are HOT deals IMHO. Just do your research first.

Unless its Tempered, they all come with either blue or green painters tape holding down the plastic cover.

Unless you see a video with your screen's S/N, would I believe that they actually tested it, AFAIK Dream-Seller is the only one doing this for a "Fee".

you're complaining about $290 when objectively worse monitors go for more than twice as much.

your point?

the panel used in the QX2710 is made by samsung.

that's generally how successful businesses work.

i doubt that.

no comment.

yes, there is. price. why would your average joe want a 2560x1440 monitor when all media is 1080p or less? why would he pay a premium for something he's not going to utilize, care about, or even have knowledge of?

I cold understand that on a TV, but since when have monitors been limited to media resolution. Back when TV and DVD was 480p people were not stuck using 480p monitors.

Last edited:
Back