QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 1440p $289 on Ebay Free Shipping

That is a good deal. I already have one that went to 120Hz with no issues. I love it, well worth the $330 or so I paid months ago.

I've been watching these. I worry that since these are A- stock, they sell the crappier ones cheaper like this. Might be better to pay a little more and buy one with a perfect pixel guarantee.

Beware that this isn't marked as pixel perfect. Squaretrade might deny warranty claims on it. At least that's what I've read at other places. I got a pixel perfect from green sum for like 320, had no problems registering it in Square trade (aside from having to learn now Korean moon runes work in google translate in order to get what the serial number was on the back). Pixel perfect is a joke when it comes to end result as most here know... but apparently Squaretrade cares.

Well that, and this isn't exactly phenomenally low for a Qnix price.

All of these panels are a risk whether pixel perfect or not, for me, this is a transitional upgrade until 4k monitors become affordable, IPS ones at that, and for $289 its a no brainer really. Anyone jumping in on this should have already done their reasearch and taken risk into account.

Might be better to pay a little more and buy one with a perfect pixel guarantee.

I ordered one like that. It wasn't perfect. I noticed it within seconds of turning it on, before windows even booted.

The guarantee doesn't mean anything.

How likely are these to hit 120Hz? Ive got a Korean 27" Catleap S-IPS that I bought a year ago and only does 60Hz. I miss 120Hz for games.

There's a a bunch of people reporting 120hz, but most run 96hz which what I'm planning on doing.

How likely are these to hit 120Hz? Ive got a Korean 27" Catleap S-IPS that I bought a year ago and only does 60Hz. I miss 120Hz for games.

very. it's pretty much guaranteed that you'll get at least 96.

Just a heads up, for one, this is not a deal and 2nd, these SE panels are most likely lower than A- stock. If you read closely, you'll notice the pixel defects for these are 5 dead pixels rather than 3. Head over to OCN for more details.

Just a heads up, for one, this is not a deal and 2nd, these SE panels are most likely lower than A- stock. If you read closely, you'll notice the pixel defects for these are 5 dead pixels rather than 3. Head over to OCN for more details.

Aren't all the Qnix panels A- stock? I got one of the Qx2700 models from the 1st generation and it's been pretty good. Occasional weird issues, but it's still going. Has 1 dead pixel, I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that that's a risk you take with these things.

it is a deal, actually. all qx2710s are going for at least $310.

Aren't all the Qnix panels A- stock? I got one of the Qx2700 models from the 1st generation and it's been pretty good. Occasional weird issues, but it's still going. Has 1 dead pixel, I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that that's a risk you take with these things.
They're either A or A-, I'm willing to bet the SE is a B+ panel like what Dream-Seller was pawning off last year. I don't think anyone at OCN has actually received an SE yet to verify what the panel actually is.
it is a deal, actually. all qx2710s are going for at least $310.

Same thing, $299 but this last batch have been virtually flawless.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matte-FREE-...8190?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4d0d1e678e

People are either buying the X-Star or going Accessoriewholesale non SE Qnix panels.

Korean monitor vendors don't ever put anything on sale, unless its a lower-grade product, and prices go up when stock is low; its pretty simple.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Only thing that concerns me about these is the low price, I wonder if the seller got a bad batch...

They're either A or A-, I'm willing to bet the SE is a B+ panel like what Dream-Seller was pawning off last year. I don't think anyone at OCN has actually received an SE yet to verify what the panel actually is.

Same thing, $299 but this last batch have been virtually flawless.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matte-FREE-...8190?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4d0d1e678e

People are either buying the X-Star or going Accessoriewholesale non SE Qnix panels.

Korean monitor vendors don't ever put anything on sale, unless its a lower-grade product, and prices go up when stock is low; its pretty simple.
Either your concern is misplaced or I am very lucky. I just got my monitor today and it's 100% perfect. It has 0 stuck pixels, no backlight bleed that I can see and it overclocks to 120hz with no frame skipping (verified with multiple photos at 1/5s shutter).

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Either your concern is misplaced or I am very lucky. I just got my monitor today and it's 100% perfect. It has 0 stuck pixels, no backlight bleed that I can see and it overclocks to 120hz with no frame skipping (verified with multiple photos at 1/5s shutter).

You're lucky, this is my second monitor, and its going back...

For anyone interested, here's the OCN Korean monitor owner thread...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

I ordered from the same link posted in the OP a couple weeks ago for $299. The monitor was delivered within 2 days of placing the order, in fact it came quicker than the replacement monitor stand I purchased from a US seller.

The only defect I've noticed so far is a light bleed on the top right corner. I honestly don't even notice it anymore unless the image on screen is black or close to black and the top corner is just not a place that my eyes focus on too frequently. Another drawback is the lack of an OSD; the only adjustments you can make are to brightness, but if you just run the default windows display calibration you can get your gamma and color to a decent level. I still feel like my Auria EQ276W produces a better picture(though not as good as my 27" Thunderbolt I use at work), but if you're just using this as a multimedia monitor than you should be fine.

On the plus side my monitor overclocked to 120hz with no issues and it seems its quite common for this model to OC from what I read online. However, since the response time is fairly high on these monitors you still experience a lot of motion blurring compared to a 120hz 1ms gaming display. Despite the blurring the monitor does feel more responsive and appear to have smoother motion while running above 60hz.

Perhaps a dumb question.. would not be my first.. but at 8MS wouldn't you get a lot of ghosting in FPS games? Or is this monitor simply not intended for gaming?

I have one of the other A- panels.. Did not pay for pixel perfect (but got it) & it has been a great monitor now since these first went big..

Perhaps a dumb question.. would not be my first.. but at 8MS wouldn't you get a lot of ghosting in FPS games? Or is this monitor simply not intended for gaming?

BF4 plays just fine on both Qnix/X-Star monitors I have had, unless you're used to a 120hz TN panel its not going to bother you much.

In terms of IPS and PLS panels, the QNIX and X-Star monitors are about as good as you can get for gaming. Most other monitors actually have even higher response times.

Got shipping confirmation today, due to arrive tomorrow end of day. I'll let you guys know how it is over the weekend.

In terms of IPS and PLS panels, the QNIX and X-Star monitors are about as good as you can get for gaming. Most other monitors actually have even higher response times.

Yep. I have no issues with ghosting when playing fast paced FPS games on either of my Korean monitors. Make sure if you're an fps gamer that you get the one (like the one listed here) that doesn't have multiple inputs(ie, a conversion board). These are driven directly from the graphics card, have no scaler and thus have extremely low input lag.

Yep. I have no issues with ghosting when playing fast paced FPS games on either of my Korean monitors. Make sure if you're an fps gamer that you get the one (like the one listed here) that doesn't have multiple inputs(ie, a conversion board). These are driven directly from the graphics card, have no scaler and thus have extremely low input lag.

I could tell it was slower than my TN panel that I had, but it wasn't enough to make me want to switch to gaming exclusively on the TN. I found it perfectly suitable for gaming until I tried a 120hz monitor (Eizo Foris FG2421). Now I could never go back to the Korean monitor. My suggestion would be to exist in ignorance and never try a monitor with 120hz and you should remain quite happy with your purchase.

Got mine from Dreamseller, 6 stuck pixels but hits 120hz. Good enough for the price. Most have better luck with the pixels.

I could tell it was slower than my TN panel that I had, but it wasn't enough to make me want to switch to gaming exclusively on the TN. I found it perfectly suitable for gaming until I tried a 120hz monitor (Eizo Foris FG2421). Now I could never go back to the Korean monitor. My suggestion would be to exist in ignorance and never try a monitor with 120hz and you should remain quite happy with your purchase.

But I do have a monitor running 120Hz, it's this one. Granted I've never tried a 120Hz tn, but I'm happy with my ips.

But I do have a monitor running 120Hz, it's this one. Granted I've never tried a 120Hz tn, but I'm happy with my ips.

Unfortunately, I have never tried a Korean monitor at 120hz to compare against a real 120hz monitor. My Eizo 120hz is a VA though, and not a TN panel. I am sure someone else who has compared them both could comment, but I think my original statement stands. I was perfectly happy gaming away on my Catleap and Shimians for quite a while.

TN panels, specially gaming ones should always outperform IPS ones when it comes to response times, the tradeoff is IQ, pick your poison. IMO these Korean panels are a good meeting point for both IQ and speed.

They are. I don't notice any ghosting on mine but some people are more able to see/perceive such things than others (the visual benefits of higher Hz fall into this category as well). Though I also came from a slow ass old 1200P Apple Cinema display (was like 16ms).

Got mine from Dreamseller, 6 stuck pixels but hits 120hz. Good enough for the price. Most have better luck with the pixels.

It varies by seller, but I think most of them guarantee 5 or less bad pixels. You could probably have them send you a new one if you really have 6.

Back