QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 1440p $289 on Ebay Free Shipping

edit: So it maxed out at 105 on desktop without any artifacting. At 110 I get a line at the top of the screen. The difference is quite significant. Now I need to decide if 96Hz is good enough or if I really need to buy a 120 Hz display for gaming in addition to this one. I did have to turn some graphics down in BF4 to hold a steady 96Hz, but a second 290x might take care of that. The biggest problem I'm having other than unfortunately not being able to reach 120htz is that if I connect a second monitor up, all the smoothness I was getting in the desktop goes away and it appears to be back to acting like 60 Hz. Is that because my other monitor is only 60?

Glad you got a good one! Maybe try this cable?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
edit: So it maxed out at 105 on desktop without any artifacting. At 110 I get a line at the top of the screen. The difference is quite significant. Now I need to decide if 96Hz is good enough or if I really need to buy a 120 Hz display for gaming in addition to this one. I did have to turn some graphics down in BF4 to hold a steady 96Hz, but a second 290x might take care of that. The biggest problem I'm having other than unfortunately not being able to reach 120htz is that if I connect a second monitor up, all the smoothness I was getting in the desktop goes away and it appears to be back to acting like 60 Hz. Is that because my other monitor is only 60?

That doesn't sound right, are you sure your settings aren't getting reset when you plug in another monitor? I currently run an old 60Hz Qnix and a 120 Qnix side by side and it works great.

That doesn't sound right, are you sure your settings aren't getting reset when you plug in another monitor? I currently run an old 60Hz Qnix and a 120 Qnix side by side and it works great.

Yea, the settings do reset, but I turn them back up to 96Hz. The monitor still shows 96 Htz but the mouse and window movement isn't smooth like butter anymore.

I hate to ask for spoonfeeding, but I am at work, without a working PC, and I need to make a decision in a couple hours. How is the matte? Is it like a semi gloss? How does perceived contrast compare to glossy? I know glossy always looks like it has better black and whites. How do the whites look? Any grain?

Got my X-star today, it was part of the new shipment. I was not able to find any dead pixels but there is a tiny tiny piece of dust between the LCD and coating or something that is the size of a pixel or two, it makes them slightly darker. I did have to put my head about 8 inches from the screen to really see it, mostly visible on an all white screen and located in a bottom corner. It was hard to find though, but there you have it not absolutely godly perfect! I'd take a picture but it would still be hard to really show, I'm being VERY critical here even mentioning it.

Screen is pretty amazing, but it's a big change from the 37" Legendary westinghouse I was using before. The westinghouse had much deeper blacks and I miss the larger font (it was easy on my eyes after coding on a 24" screen all day. Of course I haven't calibrated this one yet either, but I'm pretty sure the MVA non LED monitor is just going to have better blacks period.

Backlight bleed: nothing that I can see, but there might be something that a camera can pick up. If I turn all the lights out and set an all black screen, the left is a smidgen brighter than the right side I think but it is very hard to tell for certain., I guess that would be some bleed, but nothing like the horror pictures I see online. I mean we are talking super super picky. Actually I'm not even 100% that the left side is brighter, it could be an illusion. Again this is something 99.5% of the population wouldn't notice unless they are obsessive compulsive like me.

Matte Coating: I'm Happy with it, although I am curious what the glossy would look like. Compared to my other matte screens I can say I can see why some people say matte is slightly grainy (Because the other screens are, not the x-star though). I am very happy with the matte finish so far!

I was going to wait and get a second 1440p 120htz TN lightboost panel as a second screen for gaming on, but if these come back down to 279 I think I'm just going to get a second one and have a very very nice dual screen setup on the cheap.

The only negative I can really give it so far is the stand, but I knew that going in so it's not really a negative.

Now to figure out how to overclock it and see what the 290x can deliver.
Congrats on the X-Star order. :) So it looks like these Korean monitors (also including QNIX) perform very well if you get a good LCD. Since the QC is hit-or-miss, one can't predict dead pixels, BLB, etc. I read that even "pixel perfect" is a bunch of nonsense. Did you purchase extra warranty, like from Square Trade? The only thing holding me up from pulling the trigger on one of these Koran monitors is the low clearance space from the bottom of the screen to the table. My center speaker, which is in front, is about 5.25", so unless I place it very close so that I'm looking at a downward angle, the top of the speaker would block the bottom of the LCD. I suppose I could place the LCD on a short table to raise it a couple inches. Or I could get a new stand altogether, but then that will raise the cost and I might as well get a $350 HP 27" LCD on refurb (Woot sell is often) if I didn't care about OC'ing.

Tempered glass is garbage and gloss vs. semi-glossy (technically matte but the coating 1440p PLS use is nearly grainy free) is determined by personal preference. I compared most coatings under the same lighting conditions once calibrated here.

Wow, that's a lot of pics you have on that thread. I'm pretty convinced the reflections from a glossy monitor would make me go nuts. LOL @ the Bad Company poster. So while I'm still deciding on what vendor to go with (Korean or not), I pretty much know I want matte.

I'm pretty convinced the reflections from a glossy monitor would make me go nuts.

I had a 2600 lumen, 6500k CFL light which is very bright. Controlling enviormental lighting makes a huge difference and bias lightning (6500k 800 lumen+ light behind the monitor) works wonders.

LOL @ the Bad Company poster.

Played the MP for 200+ hours and had far more fun compared to rocket/vehicle whore 3 (BF3), plus the map design was vastly superior.

I had a 2600 lumen, 6500k CFL light which is very bright. Controlling enviormental lighting makes a huge difference and bias lightning (6500k 800 lumen+ light behind the monitor) works wonders.

Played the MP for 200+ hours and had far more fun compared to rocket/vehicle whore 3 (BF3), plus the map design was vastly superior.

NCX - Do you prefer your new glossy or your matte? I wonder why your matte doesn't have glow.

Also, will you make available calibration profiles for 96~120Hz on your X-STAR glossy?
(something like 105Hz would be really nice too......) :)
Your reviews have been a great read.

NCX - Do you prefer your new glossy or your matte?

My preference:

1-Nearly glow free glossy (Monex M27QSM but it has a 175hz LED PWM Dimming Frequency)
2-Glow free Matte (my QX2710)
3-Glossy with regular glow (Glossy Qnix QX2710 example)
4-Matte with regular glow (BL2710PT example)

Also, will you make available calibration profiles for 96~120Hz on your X-STAR glossy?

60 & 96hz and 120hz if I can OC it that high. The profiles are for the monitors I calibrate, making them for random hz is pointless especially since using multiples of 24 makes media (film/tv) playback smoother with good players like MPC-HC with Mad VR.

My preference:

1-Nearly glow free glossy (Monex M27QSM but it has a 175hz LED PWM Dimming Frequency)
2-Glow free Matte (my QX2710)
3-Glossy with regular glow (Glossy Qnix QX2710 example)
4-Matte with regular glow (BL2710PT example)

60 & 96hz and 120hz if I can OC it that high. The profiles are for the monitors I calibrate, making them for random hz is pointless especially since using multiples of 24 makes media (film/tv) playback smoother with good players like MPC-HC with Mad VR.

Understood, thanks. I wonder why your matte doesn'r have glow, but DEAD's did.
It's a significant difference - I don't think it could be just manufacturing varience like dead pixels or BLB.
Thus, I wonder if it can be fixed? (maybe it;s related to BLB)

=DEAD=s Qnix had a different PLS panel with 160hz PWM while mine is PWM free. Excessive bleed can negate the lack of glow but the panels are definetly different. I didn't notice the lack of glow at first (last May) since mine had excessive bleed and I didn't know glow free PLS existed then.

Oh, so he had the same panel as the MONEX, right?

160Hz PWM is a bitch.

That's really confusing now.

The glossy x-star doesnt have PWM yet it glows.
Your qnix matte doesnt have PWM but no glow.
MONEX doesn't glow but has PWM.

Sigh...

PWM is important to maintain color temperature - but they should just use something like 2000Hz.

Damn is there nothing around $300 in the 27" worth getting right now? I really want to upgrade my old Acer GD235HZ.

Damn is there nothing around $300 in the 27" worth getting right now? I really want to upgrade my old Acer GD235HZ.

My Qnix QX2710 at $325 is well worth it IMHO. I like it better than the PB278Q I returned. The price even came down a bit after I got mine, oh well.

Do you guys think the QNIX or X-Star will go $260 shipped again? Been eyeing one of these 1440p panels

Qnix and Yamakasi/Wasabi Mangos new monitors use matte (semi-glossy) AHVA (AUO's version of IPS) panels.

I just got the monitor that I bought from Storewithstory last week. My offer of $350 was accepted for one of their "ultimate perfect pixel" monitors (guaranteed 0 dead pixels). To me, it was worth the little bit extra to make sure I didn't have any bad pixels because they really bother me. A big bonus is the fact that my monitor doesn't have any noticeable bleed. It even came with the NA power cable instead of the crappy converter that some sellers send. I'd definitely recommend Storewithstory to anyone looking to buy one of the Korean monitors.

That means new QNIX QX2710 monitors are AUO ?

Yeah, they are called the QX2710 Tru10 or something like that. They are all multi-input AHVA panels, so they cannot OC. You would get a bigger color gamut though.

I just got the monitor that I bought from Storewithstory last week. My offer of $350 was accepted for one of their "ultimate perfect pixel" monitors (guaranteed 0 dead pixels). To me, it was worth the little bit extra to make sure I didn't have any bad pixels because they really bother me. A big bonus is the fact that my monitor doesn't have any noticeable bleed. It even came with the NA power cable instead of the crappy converter that some sellers send. I'd definitely recommend Storewithstory to anyone looking to buy one of the Korean monitors.

Yeah, they are called the QX2710 Tru10 or something like that. They are all multi-input AHVA panels, so they cannot OC. You would get a bigger color gamut though.

That is the seller I bought from. I only got a PP model for $325. Its great, ordered last Friday, had the thing on Tuesday. Quite a few have ordered from them on other forums after I posted my thoughts. They seem to have them ready to ship, unlike some sellers with delay issues.

That is the seller I bought from. I only got a PP model for $325. Its great, ordered last Friday, had the thing on Tuesday. Quite a few have ordered from them on other forums after I posted my thoughts. They seem to have them ready to ship, unlike some sellers with delay issues.

Cool. I was going to go with just the PP version, but I threw them the offer of $350 on the UPP one, and they obviously accepted. Like I said, the extra $25 was worth it to me for the peace of mind. As for the shipping, I ordered it last Tuesday, but they did not ship until Thursday. It was delivered this afternoon, so it took 4 days once shipped (amazes me since it's coming from Korea). I don't know why it took 2 days to ship though. Perhaps it was because they had to find one with zero bad pixels for mine.

So the meaning of the reply was to let us know that the newer QX2710s cannot OC?

That means new QNIX QX2710 monitors are AUO ?

You could check a true 10 eBay page or use Google and find out? It still amazes me that people with 4+ years of posting on a niche form are so helpless.

Most of the 2014 1440p monitors (Yamakasi, Wasabi Mango, Qnix, Raentech) use matte, multi-input AHVA panels. The Monex is the only new PLS and the Motv M2700 looks like a glossy Qnix QX2700 (S-IPS from 2012) rebadge

Last edited:
You could check a true 10 eBay page or use Google and find out? It still am amazes me that people with 4+ years of posting on a niche form are so helpless.

I mean, I could comment, "JavaScript's RegExp engine doesn't allow for lookbehinds". Or I could simply state the true intent and meaning of the comment so that everyone can understand and benefit from the information with 100% understanding and certainty, "In JavaScript, you can't search for some text under the condition that it is preceded by some other specific text".

Further elaboration=speculation, but the implications were clear: say goodbye to overclock-able PLS soon.

Last edited:
My QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll DPmulti TRUE10 (Jesus, what a mouthful) was delivered yesterday. Great monitor, flawless. Not using it for gaming so I haven't tried beyond 60Hz nor have I measured input lag, but it's beautiful and for coding, web browsing and photo editing it's a big step up from my Dell U2211.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Has anyone connected to the DP or True version using HDMI or DP with the HD 4600 chipset (looking at getting z87)? I am only using it for an office setting and would like to avoid buying a dedicated card if possible. Thanks.

Unboxed my X-star today and preliminary tests show no noticeable dead/stuck pixies or back light bleed. While not conclusive and needs more testing I'm quite happy with the purchase so far.

My QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll DPmulti TRUE10 (Jesus, what a mouthful) was delivered yesterday. Great monitor, flawless. Not using it for gaming so I haven't tried beyond 60Hz nor have I measured input lag, but it's beautiful and for coding, web browsing and photo editing it's a big step up from my Dell U2211.

Testing over 60hz has already been done for you, fell free to just leave it be. :D

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back