QNIX QX2710 and i5-4300U help

Redleader

2[H]4U
I just purchased a 27" QNIX QX2710 Evolution so I can have a very large screen to display construction plans on. My plan was to hook it up to my Lenovo T440 laptop with a i5-4300U which has a Intel 4400 graphics. I can make the screen appear sometimes by both DVI-D and a displayport to hdmi converter but the signal goes in and out. Sometimes the screen will not even appear and Ill get some weird background noises in the monitors speakers.

Its not the screen being faulty from my test as Im typing on it right now hooked up to my 680 and everything is perfect both hdmi and DVI-D. Even played a couple games to make sure. So it has to do with the T440. I have a Lenovo Dock Pro and it has the same results. Anyone have a suggestion I can try to get this thing working? Thanks.

I am surprised it works at all via DVI-D ??

My z87 board with Haswell will not drive a QX2710. Needs dual link DVI.

You need a dual link dvi port in order to drive these monitors. You need to get a model that has a displayport input. That is the only way you can drive this monitor on that laptop or any laptop. Intel graphics do not provide a dual link dvi port.

You need a dual link dvi port in order to drive these monitors. You need to get a model that has a displayport input. That is the only way you can drive this monitor on that laptop or any laptop. Intel graphics do not provide a dual link dvi port.

He can use an active displayport to dual link DVI adaptor.
This is what I'd reccomend.
Don't get a model with a DP input, the one you already have is the best.

He can use an active displayport to dual link DVI adaptor.
This is what I'd reccomend.
Don't get a model with a DP input, the one you already have is the best.

True. I had personally tried one and it did not work well for me at all. The display would keep blinking on and off. Every once in a while it would work okay until the computer went to sleep then it wouldn't wake up. I eventually gave up trying to get it to work.

So is my only option to buy a $100 DP to active dual link dvi? I can't use a DP to hdmi adapter? I don't know a lot about this so I'd like to learn why the hdmi on my 680 will push it but not the DP to hdmi on my laptop will not. Thanks for the input guys.

Yes you need an active display port adapter. The active ones are the only ones that support 2560x1440 resolution.

I don't know anything about why your 680 will work. I personally use AMD video cards. :)

So is my only option to buy a $100 DP to active dual link dvi? I can't use a DP to hdmi adapter? I don't know a lot about this so I'd like to learn why the hdmi on my 680 will push it but not the DP to hdmi on my laptop will not. Thanks for the input guys.

Huh? Are you sure you have a QX2710? The QX2710 does not have HDMI input.
What is your full monitor model?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ewwwwww, oh you have the uh, lesser, multi input version. Well, I guess it's okay for showing schematics.

Anyway, in this case it sounds like you have another issue. It could be a comparability problem with the monitor and the laptop. Try new video drivers? Does it show during BIOS post?

Hah yea black lines dont really need good graphics to show up. Just needed the resolution. So it should technically work with the hdmi adapter correct?

Back