Qnix = Bummer :(

cthulhuiscool

2[H]4U
Just figured I'd post a PSA for all of you, avoid Qnix monitors like the plague (particularly the 27" 1440p models). In the last month I have gone through 3 here's my experience with them.
#1 Worked fine but had some really bad screen bleed which I couldn't fix. Ended up flipping it on craigs for more or less what I spent on it.
#2 Worked fine for a bit then (presumably) the lvds cable went bad. Returned
#3 (one I just got in the mail yesterday, 9 dead/stuck pixels. They claim to inspect them before sending out and guarantee no more than 3... guess not.

Getting a refund on this one and ponying up a few extra better dollars to get one from a brand with a decent reputation. Just figured I'd fill you all in on my low batting average.

That's just the way that it seems to happen sometimes. You get all of these positive testimonials, then one poor sap gets all the bad luck for the rest of us. Take me for example. The Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 is a router with almost universal positive coverage. I bought my first one in April 2015. I'm now on unit #4.

Korean imports are no longer the only game in town if you want a 27" 1440p panel. Here's a few recommendations that, while not quite as cheap, should come close enough to consider.

25", 1440p, IPS (or IPS like):

ASUS MX25AQ Space Gray + Black 25" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor AH-IPS 300 cd/m2 100,000,000:1 Built-in Speakers - Newegg.com

Acer H257HU SMIDPX Black 25" 4ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS 350 cd/m2 ACM 100,000,000:1 (1000:1) Built-in Speakers - Newegg.com

27", 1440p, IPS (or IPS like):

27-inch Select Series LG IPS WQHD (2560x1440) Monitor HDMI®, Dual Link DVI-D, VGA - Pixel Perfect - Monoprice.com

BenQ GW2765HT Black 27" 4ms WQHD HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS 350 cd/m2 DCR 20,000,000:1 (1000:1) Built-in Speakers - Newegg.com

Acer K272HULbmiidp Black 27" WQHD 6ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS DCR 100,000,000:1(1,000:1) Built-in Speakers - Newegg.com

You must have accidentally gotten the shipment from North Korea instead of South Korea. Sorry about that.

Their quality must have gone to shit the past few years -- I've been rocking dual Qnix 1440p monitors for about 3 years. Paid for a regular monitors ~200 delivered I think, zero dead pixels or issues. After 3 years one of the power bricks went out but was only $14 to replace.

With anything overseas and oddly cheap -- you are taking a gamble. Hell, I was doing lots of research on a high end gaming 1440p monitor, and lots of the big brand (Asus/Acer/etc) had some pretty bad quality issues. People were paying 800 per monitor and getting some of the same shit (bad bleed, bad pixels, etc etc)

Thank you for the info. I've had an Achieva, a Crossover, and a Catleap all fail on me over the years. After my most recent Catleap failed, I decided to buy an Acer K272HUL which wasn't that much more expensive and has given me no more trouble.

Just figured I'd post a PSA for all of you, avoid Qnix monitors like the plague (particularly the 27" 1440p models). In the last month I have gone through 3 here's my experience with them.
#1 Worked fine but had some really bad screen bleed which I couldn't fix. Ended up flipping it on craigs for more or less what I spent on it.
#2 Worked fine for a bit then (presumably) the lvds cable went bad. Returned
#3 (one I just got in the mail yesterday, 9 dead/stuck pixels. They claim to inspect them before sending out and guarantee no more than 3... guess not.

Getting a refund on this one and ponying up a few extra better dollars to get one from a brand with a decent reputation. Just figured I'd fill you all in on my low batting average.

They are ditch panels dude. Its a dice roll. Everyone kinda knows the cheap Korean panels are a total random. I have 3 and they all work fine. I got mine ages ago so. But people constantly had good and bad experiences with them.

Yeah, I got one for $220 3 years ago and it's still going strong. Just luck of the draw-- they are INCREDIBLY cheap, after all.

I've had a QX2710 for a few years that does 120Hz with no stuck/dead pixels, minimal BLB, and performs great. Hard to justify replacing it with something else that costs $400-$1400.

Power brick for it gets really hot though and has worried me.

thanks for posting this i was debating on getting a Qnix because of the price.

It's SO cheap that if it breaks after a year, oh well, toss it in the trash. But mine has been perfect for many years!

yeah -- I bought two of these puppies about 3 years ago for $200ish delivered. No dead pixels, no crazy back light bleed. It can be a bit frusturating having to only use DL-DVI, and I'm pretty sure mine have no built in scaler or anything. But for the price they have been solid and awesome. Only thing I had to replace was one of the power bricks after 3 years ($15 on amazon)

already sold one of them, was considering putting the other up for sale here, but as a secondary monitor I don't need crazy high refresh rates or professionally calibrated color. Pretty sure I'll just hang onto it and save $400 instead of getting an ulltrasharp dell. At this point it's only a battle of my mild OCD desire to have both monitors with the same style/size of bezel hah.

I bought 2 of them about 3 years ago. Both are working perfectly fine, and one is still going strong at 110hz!!

Sorry to hear about your issue with them recently. But in my experience, they were worth every penny

I've had my Qnix 27" 1440p running strong for 2 years now, and thats OC'ed to 80hz.
Looks like someone was drinking on the manufacturing line for yours that day.

Bought an overlord about 3 years ago, it works but had/has issues out of the box : a few dead pixels, wont overlock when cold, and a funky gash on the side looks almost like a watermark, was looking into replacing the panel and im pretty sure they all use Samsung pls panels , which aren't really ips's :|

Back