Q9550 E0 Stepping - Anyone Got One? OC Results?

sethk

2[H]4U
I wondered out loud in the first E0 wolfdale thread when we'd see the quad core E0s, and sure enough, I see a story today that the Q9550 has been updated to E0 stepping. This seemed to squeeze just a little bit more from the wolfies, so I'm hoping yorkies respond similarly.

http://www.techpowerup.com/68176/Intel_Updates_Core_2_Quad_Q9550_to_E-0_Stepping.html

If anyone has an E0 stepping and could provide full stepping and batch info, as well as where / when they got it, motherboard / bios compatibility and any early overclocking results, I'd really appreciate it (along with many other [H] regs, I'm sure.)

Supposely overclocks better, considering the wolfdales squeeze more mhz out with the E0 stepping.

i have a "ES" q9550 e0 rev on the way, should be here monday i will post results. just hope it works on my board lol.

I thought the E0 is only going to be released on August 22. Are those the ones from Eagghead or Buy.com?

I heard that the E0 stepping and Q9650 release would see price-drops on the Q9450 and Q9550. Have these happened yet, because I've not seen them in the UK as of yet...

I heard that the E0 stepping and Q9650 release would see price-drops on the Q9450 and Q9550. Have these happened yet, because I've not seen them in the UK as of yet...

price on the US q9550 is about 300ish, droped about 200$ last week.

The real question is, is it worth spending 200 more for the 9650 for .5 multi and guaranteed e0 stepping.

i got my E0 ES q9550 yesterday, there is ALOT in this chip but my p35 board is really limiting me, atm im @ 3.85 and i cant bump it anymore without prime errors, next week im going to buy a p45 and let this baby shine!

i got my E0 ES q9550 yesterday, there is ALOT in this chip but my p35 board is really limiting me, atm im @ 3.85 and i cant bump it anymore without prime errors, next week im going to buy a p45 and let this baby shine!

Where did you get it?

private sale from oc forums. doubt retail E0's will be seen for a month or so.

How about posting some CPU-Z screen shots to see how its behaving?

Should work very well with the P45 chipset.

my p35 is a HUGE limit for me. ive booted @ 4.2 but yea the board dont like it. the guy i got the CPU from clames he ran 4.4 with ease on a p45 and water.

one thing ive noticed.. not sure if its cause mine is ES or what but the first two cores are always 10-15C hotter and are always the ones to fail prime. the 3/4th core run cool and i havent seen them toss a error yet.

im broke now but soon as i get a p45 im hopein for atleast 4.0/2 daily ^^

2832037430_237e177438_o.jpg

Back