Q70T Samsung...good choice?

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
I mainly game. I am getting a new Xbox come holiday season. Do you guys think this TV is decent if I pair it up with a nice soundbar?

I just picked it up, the 75inch version. It states it has an 2.1 hdmi port. Just want to make sure I made a good purchase. What are you guys think, thumbs up or thumbs down?

It is my understanding that the 70T is the 60R from last year.

Bo local dimming. The 70R is better in this regard.

No hdmi 2.1 tho.

I am not a Samsung Fan, but the Q70T is the sweet spot of their lineup IMO.

It has no local dimming, but IMO, that is better than crappy local dimming of the models immediately above, and it has fantastic native contrast for an LCD.

The Q60T just below only has a 60Hz panel, so that is out.

No hdmi 2.1 tho.
He said he’s only going to game. Game mode on LCD will disable or nerf local dimming anyways.

No hdmi 2.1 tho.

HDMI 4 is the 2.1 port. At least multiple sites confirmed that. That was the reason I bought this tv. Because it does have 2.1. The manual even states this.

HDMI 4 is the 2.1 port. At least multiple sites confirmed that. That was the reason I bought this tv. Because it does have 2.1. The manual even states this.

I searched high and low for this information. Pleas point me to wear I can find this information, regarding the different hdmi inputs and thire specifications.

Edit: oh. You ment the 70T?

Last edited:
I searched high and low for this information. Pleas point me to wear I can find this information, regarding the different hdmi inputs and thire specifications.

Edit: oh. You ment the 70T?

Yes. The 70T.

Back