q6800 having trouble with unreal engine games

hund_

n00b
seems to be the same problems i had with my amd 4200x2[before amd fix].
the Negative delta time error message unut2003 engine games.
i'm having to use the WinLauncherXP to get them to work.
i looked at intels site and didnt find any patches.

Download imagecfg (it's from the win2k resource kit)

Copy to Windows\system32\ as well as Windows\system32\dllcache\

Make a backup copy of your UT.exe (not sure what its called as I don't have the game)

Open notepad and enter the txt below (note* rename game.exe to the same name as the UT.exe, as this works for every app/game just change the name)

imagecfg -u game.exe
imagecfg -a 0x1 game.exe
pause

Save the file in the same dir as the original exe as "anything.bat" including the quotes.

Run bat file...

Press any key...

Enjoy...

WinLauncherXP works the same way.
i was hoping there was a patch or something i missed.

i really expected more from intel :(

WinLauncherXP works the same way.
i was hoping there was a patch or something i missed.

i really expected more from intel :(

Its Intels fault old games dont know how to play with multiple cores?
or their fault the old games publisher didn't release a patch?
or their fault you cant figure out to limit processes to specific cores?

I haven't had any problems with Unreal Engine based games on my box. None of your issues are Intel's fault.

This problem is related to all dual/quad cores (HT on older Intel cpu's) and varies from system to system depending on hardware - AMD dual cores suffer in exactly the same way.

The fix above is adapted from the original fix for SS2 (modified it to fix Tribes2 back in the day) run it once, and its fixed (basically modifies the exe to run on a single core).

Its Intels fault old games dont know how to play with multiple cores?
or their fault the old games publisher didn't release a patch?
or their fault you cant figure out to limit processes to specific cores?
true but this is the same problem amd had[now fixed]so maybe there will be a patch.

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.

Dude, that link is for AMD.

By the way, not too long ago, MS released a patch for C2Duo processors but I don't know exactly what it was for. They released without any fanfare and people were treating it like Intel had a secret they ddin't want to talk about. I'm too tired to find a link right now though.

Dude, that link is for AMD.

By the way, not too long ago, MS released a patch for C2Duo processors but I don't know exactly what it was for. They released without any fanfare and people were treating it like Intel had a secret they ddin't want to talk about. I'm too tired to find a link right now though.

Misc fixes for Errata...nothing to do with multi cored/multi threads game compatibilities that I am aware of.

Back