Q6600 - Which stepping did you get?

even if i do receive a G0 from NCIX, they have 0 credibility with me ATM.

I ordered yesterday morning, and im still waiting impatiently after a few phone calls and emails saying "It will ship shortly". They've already charged my credit card, but no info on shipping.

this is really getting me miffed, i even ordered overnight so i would have it in my hands today to play around with, now i won't have a quad core until next week most likely

so far it hasnt been the best of experiences

you need to understand the fact that they are busy and ship to a lot of ppl. Going in 6 days im still patiently waiting for my parts. And i spent $1700 .

dont get all in a huff because you cant wait a week to receive a processor. come on seriously.

you need to understand the fact that they are busy and ship to a lot of ppl. Going in 6 days im still patiently waiting for my parts. And i spent $1700 .

dont get all in a huff because you cant wait a week to recive a processor. come on seriously.

uh, you should get in a "huff". especially since it says it should take no longer than 1-2 business days to ship.

it would be one thing if they were out of stock (which they are not btw, you can check their real time stock checker), but they aren't, so they should hold to the customer promise that they make

i can understand that they are busy, but SOME sort of notification would be nice

The email notification at Ncix is kinda slow - after my cpu had shipped out it took almost a full day for me to get the email - the CSR on the other hand have been extremely polite and helpful. I would definitely order from them again.

Anyone who wants a Q6600 would do well to get it from Ncix. Its a confirmed G0 and their prices are the same (within $10) of anyone else.

I have to check the bios when i get home. I got the board from EVGA white boxed in exchange for my other one becuase i told them i would be oc'ing a Quad. I did not check the bios version since it has not been an issue to date with my Core 2.

I am runing the memory at 2 t ( I was alwasys able to run 1t on the Ausus boards but my 680I wont let me for some reason Most likely its because i went to the 2 gig sticks) 975mhz with a 1300fsb (325x9) right now for the core2. (I clocked the Core 2 down to 2.93 becuase things get a little warm although stable at 3.4 and there is no real noticeable difference in gaming performance right now.)

PS , thanks for the headsup on Wayne...........I got the last one ........That guy reminds me of the guy on the comcast commercial "Sory charlie, you a tiger now" Roflmao

Vista 64 has been real good with gaming although i had to reinstall 2142 once to get things working properly. Graw no issues, CS no issue, 2142 andBF2 no issues.

Stalker wont run well at 2560x1600 with all the candy so i run it at 1920x1600

I have a Thermalroight Ultra Extreme on the way , I should get it Monday and then the fun begins with the new Quad
:D

I did the same thing..So they send it to you in a white box? Mine is being delivered. I hope nothing is missing or damage.

I am able to run 3-3-3-10-1T from 800mhz to about 830mhz and 4-4-4-12-1T from 830mhz to 900mhz. beyond that it must be 2T. Also, I had to give it a little more juice to run it at 1T. This is on the NF68-AR Bios P30. Hopefully the A1 and the Q6600 will let me do it still.

I may jump to Vista 64 when Crisis is release and upgrade to 4gb of ram too.

I am going to redo my water loops this weekend.....I'll post some picture of my ghetto water setup...:D

btw...nice monitor!

Stepping: B3
Shop: MWave
Ordered: 4:00pm cst Tues
Received: 2:00pm cst Thurs
Cost: $290.73 shipped.
OC: 3.15ghz, 1400fsb(350), 1.3v, Scythe Infinity, 45c idle, 61c load after 1 hour w/ 4 instances of prime95 max heat/power torture test.

The email notification at Ncix is kinda slow - after my cpu had shipped out it took almost a full day for me to get the email - the CSR on the other hand have been extremely polite and helpful. I would definitely order from them again.

Anyone who wants a Q6600 would do well to get it from Ncix. Its a confirmed G0 and their prices are the same (within $10) of anyone else.

I just spoke with NCIX and the guy told me there were mixed B3/G0 right now. Looks like im going to play the lottery and just try. I spoke with Tigerdirect and Newegg both wouldnt help me one bit as to what stepping they had. Allstarshop has a mix as well and the only way to get a confirmed G0 there is to go to the shop in SoCal. Time to roll the dice. Hopefully I'm lucky today.

I did the same thing..So they send it to you in a white box? Mine is being delivered. I hope nothing is missing or damage.

I am able to run 3-3-3-10-1T from 800mhz to about 830mhz and 4-4-4-12-1T from 830mhz to 900mhz. beyond that it must be 2T. Also, I had to give it a little more juice to run it at 1T. This is on the NF68-AR Bios P30. Hopefully the A1 and the Q6600 will let me do it still.

I may jump to Vista 64 when Crisis is release and upgrade to 4gb of ram too.

I am going to redo my water loops this weekend.....I'll post some picture of my ghetto water setup...:D

btw...nice monitor!

They send you the board only. You keep everything from the original. If this Quad is what i think it is, i may go black pearl and water cool myself then add the latest video card in the Fall. I have been a bit complacent as of late and I think its time to move forward again lol

PS , yes, things changed when i went to 2gig sticks. They behave differently and want more voltage for sure. I have to relax timings if i want to go over 800 mhz I have not taken the 2 gig sticks much over 1000mhz but perhaps i will just to see how hight they will go before i install teh quad. I will also check for latest bios and get that squared away as well

Ordered from NCIX, got a G0.

From placing my order to receiving the part was less than 24 hours.

Haven't read someone getting SLACR on invoice and getting the B3 stepping, so hoping that still remains true.

Check out the processorfinder page
http://processorfinder.intel.com/List.aspx?ProcFam=2774&sSpec=&OrdCode=

SLACR and SLACQ are G0 steppings. SLACQ being the 2.66GHz part (Q6700). Interesting differences between the steppings regarding power. As far as putting SLACR on invoices I think that is a pretty good indication of a G0 stepping as this thread has shown and it makes sense when looking at the product information.

I Ordered mine from NCIX.com and got it from Canada, to the Texas-Mexico border in only 17 hours. I got a g0 that gets to 3700 @ 1.475 .

what is the big deal ont he stepping??

I have a B3 why does everyone want a G0 ?? is this for overclocking?

G0 uses less power - TDP decreases from 105 -> 95W
It can run hotter - I believe thermal junction is 11c higher

which means it can OC better, runs cooler and uses less power.

Did you have it overnighted or use the $9.99 express shipping they offer?

I didn't have the 9.99 shipping option when I ordered. I paid $28 for shipping. They got it out of the warehouse and processed my order in 3 hours. Fedex then took another 14 hours to get it across the United States.

I didn't have the 9.99 shipping option when I ordered. I paid $28 for shipping. They got it out of the warehouse and processed my order in 3 hours. Fedex then took another 14 hours to get it across the United States.

thats the thing that ticks me off...the fact that my order has taken 30+ hours to get from "order processed" to "shipped". i've contacted them numerous times and i always get the same response:

"your order should be forwarded to our shipping department shortly"

ugh...ill have to continue to wait. i checked the overnight shipping for an extra $30 just so i could have it for the weekend, there goes that plan

Well.. I just got a B3 SL9UM direct from Intel.

The pack date is 05/31/2007, so they could not have been making the G0 steppings until at least June by my estimation.

Yeah, G0 is 95 watts max B3 is 105 watts max. I think its just because they soldered the pinouts to a lower VCC core voltage to start with as the yeilds got better each week. (They also did this with some of the 6xx Pentium 4's, which ran increasingly better in both undervolted and overclocked form even before they announced the new stepping.)

Note how there is no "set" voltage in the specs sheets, its just a fuzzy 1.100 to 1.372 volts.

thats the thing that ticks me off...the fact that my order has taken 30+ hours to get from "order processed" to "shipped". i've contacted them numerous times and i always get the same response:

"your order should be forwarded to our shipping department shortly"

ugh...ill have to continue to wait. i checked the overnight shipping for an extra $30 just so i could have it for the weekend, there goes that plan

Did you order from NCIXUS or NCIX? I'm trying to figure out if there's a pattern to the US site being 'slower' compared to NCIX.

The customer service line for NCIXUS got me sent to voicemail too, so I went ahead and just called the number on NCIX (it's different!), immediately got someone on the phone who was able to check up on things - my order, placed last night (7/26) around 6PM, was processed/shipped this afternoon, and he gave me the tracking number. Also checked the serial, SLACR.

Well i just noticed that i have a tracking number through NCIX, no information on SLACR or SL9UM there...

However, i just called them up, and they said that the order shipped. I asked what the serial number was on the shipment and he goes:
"It looks to be a G0":D :D :D

Although it wont be here until Monday:mad: , its still over a week ahead of any other time i would have gotten it.

FTR, i ordered Thursday morning, 9AM EST thru NCIX

Well I have a tracking number from them now... but no information on the serial #. I can't get through on the phone and the live chat guys will only tell me that they are not guaranteeing the stepping and won't give me any more information... Doesn't sound to good. :rolleyes:

Here's the edited transcript: (changed names)

NCIX: Hi, K. What is your order number?

K: order number is XXXX

NCIX: The cpu has been forwarded to our shipping department already - you should receive a separate confirmation email within a few hours. Note this should likely be shipping today, but it might also be monday

K:Also any chance that you have the serial number on the CPU?

NCIX: Sorry, but we can't guarantee the stepping on these - we know everyone wants the G0, but we can't guarantee it

K: I know, I was just wondering if the serial number was available

NCIX: This might be included in the email, but again not guaranteed. Note that it is too late to change or cancel the order as well

K: ok thanks. (sure you don't have any info on the serial number?)

NCIX: Sorry, I can't help you with the actual product code

NCIX: (or the serial number)

K.: ok thanks have a good weekend

Well I have a tracking number from them now... but no information on the serial #. I can't get through on the phone and the live chat guys will only tell me that they are not guaranteeing the stepping and won't give me any more information... Doesn't sound to good. :rolleyes:

call the NCIX number, not the NCIXUS number

i believe its 1-888-725-8880

good luck bro!

B3 from M-Wave ordered tuesday just got here 30 seconds ago.
Pack date 4/25/07. :eek:
I waited till they ran out of stock a couple times before I ordered thinkin what everybody else was thinkin and then rolling the dice. Looks like they were scavenging smaller stores for old stock. The box even smells kinda musty. Snake eyes again for me........:(

Oh well. Maybe it's the golden child and I've got good water setup so............we shall see.

dont get all in a huff because you cant wait a week to receive a processor. come on seriously.

How dare us expect to get decent service when we are spending hundreds of dollars on PC parts. What you need to understand is that companies compete for business, and the ones who fuck up go down. I bet you they would ship my part the second I called them up and told them to cancel the damn thing. I placed the order two and a half days ago and still nothing regarding shipping.

How dare us expect to get decent service when we are spending hundreds of dollars on PC parts. What you need to understand is that companies compete for business, and the ones who fuck up go down. I bet you they would ship my part the second I called them up and told them to cancel the damn thing. I placed the order two and a half days ago and still nothing regarding shipping.

It may be shipped, they just haven't updated the status or sent you an e-mail. That is the situation I'm in right now, they said it is shipped but it might take till tonight for them to send me an e-mail and update the status.

NCIX really need to update their order processing systems. When something does get shipped, it gets scanned into the computer system and this should immediately reflect on the order page and an email should be sent.

Instead, they'll tell you it has shipped but the status takes upto a day to update.

If you believe it is shipped then call them up, give them the order number, and ask what the serial number was. If the last 5 letters are SLACR, then you're good to G0

If its SL9UM, you got B3, but its not the end of the world.

The guy told me that emails usually go out after they close up for the night, so expect to see them later tonight.

The guy told me that emails usually go out after they close up for the night, so expect to see them later tonight.

On the upside, this is probably a big learning experience for NCIX, in that they're suddenly getting bombed with requests for something specific with a lot of people willing to e-mail and call. :D Their phone reps seem to be extremely helpful in the same way Newegg's have always been.

The interesting thing was that, when I called them up to confirm my shipping address, the order status page updated literally instantly with the 3 steps that I had just finished. Shipping, however, seems to be very delayed.

Sapposadly mine shipped out, i hear newegg has gotten some g0's and there prices are going down, and they always seem to have great service. NCIX is pretty good, support is great, but there shipping department is fairly lacking. Took 2 days to get mine out the door. Also, anyone have experience with Canada post Xpress? Thanks a lot.

edit: just got my invoice, SLACR (G0) Baby, W00t

party like its your birthday

hey i know it doesnt make a huge difference, but the extra 10 watts saved could actually add upto about $50 over the life of my system, not to menchin it overclocks a little better.

As you guys (ncix orders) get the info post order date and ship date plz. Suspense is killing me

Order Data: July 25 (Wednesday Evening around 8pm)
Ship Date: July 27 (Today around 1-2, dont know exactly)

Thank NCIX, even if it did take a few days to process. Just hope Canada Post Xpress gets it here by Monday, maybe tuesday :rolleyes:

Order Date: July 27 9:50 A.M
Ship Date: July 27 6:34 P.M.
That was real fast....
via Canadapost Express USA

Back