Q6600 - Which stepping did you get?

Go with the G0 SLACR stepping and don't waste your money on the B3 SL9UM stepping if you don't have a decent heatsink/cooling.

I wasted my money on the B3 SL9UM version and now I have to spend another $100 for a better cooling. I have the Zalman CNPS9500 right now and it's doing a horrendous job.

The stupid cores are hitting around 55-60 °C on idle and it's only OC to 2.5GHz. Full load would be around 75-80 °C!!

Fuck, I'm still pissed at myself for rushing to get this POS since I found out how amazingly the G0 core are running. 10-20°C lower!!!

I don't have mine overclocked yet (I just installed last night), but it seems to be running very cool at stock settings. I have a G0 and it runs idle at 35 degrees C. The Ninja rev B cooler I'm using with a PWM fan doesn't even spin when at idle and the cpu stays at 35 C. It seems so strange to not see the cpu fan turning except when loading the cpu. And even then the rpm on the fan is only about 250 to 300.

im going absolutely INSANE waiting for this shipping invoice

i ordered yesterday (26th) at 9AM EST

You think you are going nuts.... I ordered mine on the 25th at 6 AM with overnight delivery and have yet to get the shipping information. What bugs me is that I keep seeing posts from people that purchased theirs after but have already gotten theirs shipped out. I do think that it has something to do with wich site you ordered from (NCIX vs. NCIXUS). I spoke to their customer service and they told me it should ship out either yesterday evening or this morning... (Hopefully today seeing how I got no notification yesterday). Kind of feel ripped off spending the extra for overnight delivery. I really wanted to get it in to work on my new rig this weekend. :(

Well, I ordered from NCIX on the 24th and mine still hasn't shipped... starting to worry about whether it'll be a g0 after all, after reading this thread. Also, both the regular price and the shipping charge have dropped, so I emailed asking if I could be refunded the difference.

Really wish it would ship already :( if it hasn't by now, I guess it won't ship at all today (although I've seen Newegg ship at odd hours at least, dunno how many places are like that).

I ordered on 7/25 and am waiting for mine to ship. I had hoped it would have shipped yesterday for delivery today, but it is sitting on the last step of the order processing. I hope that it'll ship today for delivery on Monday.

I just received mine. I ordered from Allstar yesterday around 2pm

Did you pay $30+ for your shipping costs/order expedition? If you didn't that would explain it.

yes i paid for fedex overnight, which was about $30

im pissed because i REALLY wanted to get it in TODAY, now im just hoping that it ships today so i could receive it tomorrow since fedex ships on saturdays (but not mondays:mad: )

yes i paid for fedex overnight, which was about $30

im pissed because i REALLY wanted to get it in TODAY, now im just hoping that it ships today so i could receive it tomorrow since fedex ships on saturdays (but not mondays:mad: )

I'd be livid then. Perhaps you can at least get credited for your shipping costs. Your order should've been processed/shipped at the same time as my own if we selected the same shipping options.

I'd be livid then. Perhaps you can at least get credited for your shipping costs. Your order should've been processed/shipped at the same time as my own if we selected the same shipping options.

did you do ncixusa or ncix?

i THINK i may have done ncix, but not positive. and i live in PA

Dave - Don't expect much. I spoke to them yesterday about the discrepency on shipping. Customer Service rep couldn't explain and just kept offering to send me over to the Web customer service dept. :confused: :confused: I do think that it has to do with which site you ordered from. Do they only have one warehouse? Their site has 2 different return centers for RMAs one in BC the other in WA.

I have all the elements of my new build and was hoping on getting the CPU by today so that I could set it up over the weekend. Seems like a waste of $30 for overnight service. :mad:

Did anyone use canada post for shipping? Is there tracking system accurate because according to it my package has been in a sorting plant for two days.

Jeff: Hi Dave, what was your order number?

Dave: 1051425

Jeff: it looks like everything has been processed and should be shipping out shortly

Dave: are you sure? because i've noticed that there are people who ordered after me and have already received shipping confirmation

Jeff: yes, just check your email later today and you'll be receiving the tracking number in one from ur

Jeff: us

Dave: alright thank you for your help jeff!

this was from their online support, not sure how much bs this is, but we'll see

every time i try calling their customer support, i wait on hold for a couple minutes and then im redirected to voicemail

after all this waiting i DAMN well better receive a G0

If it helps, my unit was finished processing at the sortation plant around 5pm yesterday or something, and my scheduled delivery date is Service Standard Delivery Date: 2007/08/01.

Ordered w/ Canada Post @ Wed, 1pm~ from NCIXUSA.com

I just got an e-mail back from NCIXUS. I ordered mine @ midnight on 07/25/07. They indicated that it will be going out today. I paid for FedEx next day and was hoping to have it in my hands today. I wouldn't have been able to do anything with it as the remainder of my build is still being processed by newegg.com.

The person who answered my e-mail did indicate that I would be getting a G0 step!!!

I'm out of town on business Mon thru Thur of next week, so it'll be Friday before I can start my build. My wife actually understands that I'll be busy the entire weekend with it :)

Mine is L719B246 as well and is a G0 (SLACR) designation July 12 07

You and I have the same batch, Stepping, and Pack Date. We have the same eVGA A1 board and the same eVGA GTXs. We should compare notes!

What BIOS on your A1?
Are you running 1T on your memory?
How is Vista 64bit for gaming and everyday use?

Sorry to be a bother here guys but I want to make sure I get a G0 stepping like everyone elese. Is it safe to assume that if i Order with NCIXUS that I will recieve a G0 (SCLAR)? Also, If I was to order an OEM version from Tigerdirect would there be a way to identify if the processor is a G0 steeping, or is this something that can only be identified by the Retail Packaging?

Thanks Scott.

You and I have the same batch, Stepping, and Pack Date. We have the same eVGA A1 board and the same eVGA GTXs. We should compare notes!

What BIOS on your A1?
Are you running 1T on your memory?
How is Vista 64bit for gaming and everyday use?

I have to check the bios when i get home. I got the board from EVGA white boxed in exchange for my other one becuase i told them i would be oc'ing a Quad. I did not check the bios version since it has not been an issue to date with my Core 2.

I am runing the memory at 2 t ( I was alwasys able to run 1t on the Ausus boards but my 680I wont let me for some reason Most likely its because i went to the 2 gig sticks) 975mhz with a 1300fsb (325x9) right now for the core2. (I clocked the Core 2 down to 2.93 becuase things get a little warm although stable at 3.4 and there is no real noticeable difference in gaming performance right now.)

PS , thanks for the headsup on Wayne...........I got the last one ........That guy reminds me of the guy on the comcast commercial "Sory charlie, you a tiger now" Roflmao

Vista 64 has been real good with gaming although i had to reinstall 2142 once to get things working properly. Graw no issues, CS no issue, 2142 andBF2 no issues.

Stalker wont run well at 2560x1600 with all the candy so i run it at 1920x1600

I have a Thermalroight Ultra Extreme on the way , I should get it Monday and then the fun begins with the new Quad
:D

ordered mine 5pm 07/25 and it arrived this morning at my house in NJ at 9am.

pretty fast from BC to NJ if you ask me.

nobody was home so i called fedex and my SLACR will be waiting for me at their place nearby for me to build with tonight.

Sorry to be a bother here guys but I want to make sure I get a G0 stepping like everyone elese. Is it safe to assume that if i Order with NCIXUS that I will recieve a G0 (SCLAR)? Also, If I was to order an OEM version from Tigerdirect would there be a way to identify if the processor is a G0 steeping, or is this something that can only be identified by the Retail Packaging?

Thanks Scott.

Yes, I am stary eyed at mine now and the SLACR is stamped on the Heat Spreader of the chip

Yes, I am stary eyed at mine now and the SLACR is stamped on the Heat Spreader of the chip

Awesome, Thanks for info. I'm still a little scepticle about ordering from Canada although it seems most everyone is getting g0 stepping from NICX. Going to give Tigerdirect a call and see what steppings there OEM chips are, although no one really wants to help you since there stock is in some warehouse.

even if i do receive a G0 from NCIX, they have 0 credibility with me ATM.

I ordered yesterday morning, and im still waiting impatiently after a few phone calls and emails saying "It will ship shortly". They've already charged my credit card, but no info on shipping.

this is really getting me miffed, i even ordered overnight so i would have it in my hands today to play around with, now i won't have a quad core until next week most likely

so far it hasnt been the best of experiences

even if i do receive a G0 from NCIX, they have 0 credibility with me ATM.

I ordered yesterday morning, and im still waiting impatiently after a few phone calls and emails saying "It will ship shortly". They've already charged my credit card, but no info on shipping.

this is really getting me miffed, i even ordered overnight so i would have it in my hands today to play around with, now i won't have a quad core until next week most likely

so far it hasnt been the best of experiences

ALLstarshop was stellar, give them a shout. They must have more on the way

Back