Q6600 - Which stepping did you get?

well i called in allstarshop although they it says on their website out of stock, i called in and they say they still have 2 available for pickup Q6600 SLACR confirmed... :) dont know if i still need one though...

Hmmm still no info from the Canadian warehouse. Seems like the US side is a little more expedient. Was really hoping to get this in time for the weekend. I'm a little disappointed right now (got overnight air service for a reason).

they ship from the same warehouses...it doesnt matter whether its ncix or ncixus

Well, I ordered from NCIX on the 24th and mine still hasn't shipped... starting to worry about whether it'll be a g0 after all, after reading this thread. Also, both the regular price and the shipping charge have dropped, so I emailed asking if I could be refunded the difference.

Really wish it would ship already :( if it hasn't by now, I guess it won't ship at all today (although I've seen Newegg ship at odd hours at least, dunno how many places are like that).

Well, I ordered from NCIX on the 24th and mine still hasn't shipped... starting to worry about whether it'll be a g0 after all, after reading this thread. Also, both the regular price and the shipping charge have dropped, so I emailed asking if I could be refunded the difference.

Really wish it would ship already :( if it hasn't by now, I guess it won't ship at all today (although I've seen Newegg ship at odd hours at least, dunno how many places are like that).

I ordered on the 24th too, and they haven't shipped mine either. It sucks seeing so many people getting shipments who ordered AFTER you!

Just placed order @NCIXusa. rep confirmed that they still have B3 in strock as well as G0 so it is still luck of the draw!

B3 from Fry's in Austin. :( Oh well I've had decent success with the clock.

yea its been on my mind since 9AM this morning

this is some bullshit

Same here... I should've just waited to be sure... Will they let you exchange for a G0? We'd probably have to eat the shipping back to NCIX and shipping of the G0 back to us right? That might not even be worth it.

Same here... I should've just waited to be sure... Will they let you exchange for a G0? We'd probably have to eat the shipping back to NCIX and shipping of the G0 back to us right? That might not even be worth it.

lol, what if NCIX released a whole batch of G0's just to get public interest and sales, and then released the rest of their B3 stock? :eek: I hope not.

lol, what if NCIX released a whole batch of G0's just to get public interest and sales, and then released the rest of their B3 stock? :eek: I hope not.

That's beginning to seem like the case. I'll be pissed. :mad:

I paid the 30 bucks for priority shipping...maybe I'll get lucky and they'll snag a G0 out of the cage for me.

I'm just waiting for now. Once the dust settles and I'm sure I can get a G0, I'll order.

I've waited three months, another few weeks won't kill me.

. 22211 Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor LGA775 Kentsfield 2.40GHZ 1066FSB 8MB Retail Box 1
Barcode: 22211 156996 445 S/N: BX80562Q6600SLACR 07-26-07 01:30 PM

Got my shipping info just now. G0 for me! :cool:

OMG.

My heart literally skipped a beat.

Gmail notifier: "You have 1 new unread message".

"Shit. It's NCIX, i know it."

And there it is.. the invoice.. I click and...

1. 22211 Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor LGA775 Kentsfield 2.40GHZ 1066FSB 8MB Retail Box 1

Barcode: 22211 156996 369 S/N: BX80562Q6600SLACR 07-26-07 10:49 AM

Fuck yes!! :D

And for anyone who wants to know: I ordered @ Jul 25, 2007 12:07 PM. Order went to Processed @ Jul 25, 2007 1:41 PM after some payment issues.

I just read that post, then checked my email, and saw that I received one from NCIX 7 mins ago. SLACR. :D

Got my mail just now - ordered on the 24th and it took them the whole of yesterday and today for the last step. My G0 is on its way !!!

The tracking no is still not in the db - how long does canada post take to reach CA?

I ordered my q6600 from ncixus yest night. Still has been under "shipping verification". I also used canada post xpress as shipping. Any info on them and how long it takes ncix to verify? Thanks guys

finally my G0 is shipped from NCIX (haven't got it yet, just received the invoice)
i bought it on 07/24 from NCIX Canada site (coz at the time its $10 cheaper than buying from NCIXUS, but it took some extra 1~2 days to process my order)
sent them a message regarding G0 stepping earlier today
they replied that
We do not accually gaurantee versions or revisions for our parts, but most of our customer that have ordered the cpu have received the G0 stepping version, so there's a good chance.
good luck every1

Woohoo!! Just got shipping confirmation and it's a SLACR!! For those who haven't gotten confirmation, I bought it yesterday around 3pm from the NCIX US site. It's shipping via Canada Xpress to San Diego CA. Good luck guys!!

hmm i ordered it a few hours ago and its on the last step (shipping) .. hopefully ill get the invoice tomorrow and find out :D

Go with the G0 SLACR stepping and don't waste your money on the B3 SL9UM stepping if you don't have a decent heatsink/cooling.

I wasted my money on the B3 SL9UM version and now I have to spend another $100 for a better cooling. I have the Zalman CNPS9500 right now and it's doing a horrendous job.

The stupid cores are hitting around 55-60 °C on idle and it's only OC to 2.5GHz. Full load would be around 75-80 °C!!

Fuck, I'm still pissed at myself for rushing to get this POS since I found out how amazingly the G0 core are running. 10-20°C lower!!!

I think all the sku are 22211. So what people should post are the invoice # perhaps

True,as both my g0's have that sku# on them.The one I got on Wensday is built up,and the second g0 will be here on Friday before 10:30 am,via Puro express shipping. :D

Now I just need to wait on the ram,for the second system (2x1Gb Crucial Ballistix PC8500) I did not order it(ram)until about 3 hours ago.

My Q6600 G0 from NCIX is also coming (ordered 7/24), supposed to be here monday i think using the Canadapost Expresss.
S/N: BX80562Q6600SLACR !!!
:)

I ordered from ncixus around 8am the 26th, and I just checked my e-mail to find:
Barcode: 22211 156996 511 S/N: BX80562Q6600SLACR 07-26-07 01:28 PM :D

I wonder how long Vancouver to Maryland will take...

NCIX must be wondering..where did all these Americans come from! newegg must be wondering where they went.

lol... very true, but to be honest for the most part they have been dishing out the goods, i am happy with my chip now, its running in my computer now in test mode at 3.3ghz with 1.375 volts. The temps are easily 10c lower then what i was getting with my old B3 chip.

NCIX must be wondering..where did all these Americans come from! newegg must be wondering where they went.

I would've bought from newegg had they not price gouge'd the shit outta the CPU. :rolleyes: I know its dynamic pricing, but damn, people respond to incentives!

Ended up ordering my entire system from 3 other retailers like mwave.com, sundialmicro.com, svc.com to finish the rig. Saved like a hundred too.

With the price gouging NewEgg is doing currently on this item. I'm sure they know where they went... I just received my Q6600 from MWave. Its a B3, not really that upset cause I don't intend to do much over clocking with it since its in a Microfly Micro ATX case. But I have it over clocked a little bit for testing on stock air cooler and I'm still impressed. I am going to play around with it a bit, but I know it won't hold up to a G0.

- Fred

I would not be surprised if the Egg made 2 separate listings for G0/non-G0 6600's (when they get some stock). They are the masters of marketing and making the most of it - its all good for them but the biggest tech etailer should not play these pricing games - god knows they have a loyal enough following :)

Back