Q6600 owners... what is your VID?

I just installed my G0 stepping L726A and I am seeing a VID of 0.825.

Is this even possible? It doesn't seem right.

In Sandra under processor information the minimum core voltage is being reported as 0.825 also.

It might be a windows issue. I have to wipe this build and I will report back later.

!!! Try running it stock speed at that voltage or as low as you can get close to it. if it works you might have a golden sample!

I just installed my G0 stepping L726A and I am seeing a VID of 0.825.

Is this even possible? It doesn't seem right.

In Sandra under processor information the minimum core voltage is being reported as 0.825 also.

It might be a windows issue. I have to wipe this build and I will report back later.

!!! Try running it stock speed at that voltage or as low as you can get close to it. if it works you might have a golden sample!

:p All bow to the one, now O/C that mofo, 4GHz here we come!

:p All bow to the one, now O/C that mofo, 4GHz here we come!

Unfortunately this CPU probably needs water or something more extreme.

I am running on air in a QMicra V2 and I am hitting 3150 at 1.25V.

My idle temps are a little on the high side. 47C.

Damn fan bracket on the side interfered with my Enzotech so I had to use my alpha.

Still, its stable there and thats all I wanted.

I don't know if you want some Q6500 (;)) numbers, but here's my VID:

1300683691_0ff8dc66db_o.jpg

-bZj

coretemp.jpg

Just built my Q6600 system friday and did the standard OC to 3ghz. :cool:

G0 stepping here and a vid of 1.275 (on standard OC of 9x333 at all stock voltages).

Shawn

Okay all, this will be the final update; please don't post new VID data.

I'm not totally sure the integrity of the data collected is that high. What I mean by that is I have read several reports of different reported VIDs for the same chip on different boards. I have also read about the VID changing based on the speedstep state and other factors.

I started this thread hoping to see some sort of correlation between VID magnitude and vcore @ a given o/c level. I have received mixed reports on this front as well. I think the bottom line is there isn't a correlation between VID and overclockibility.

Since you guys took the time to reply to the post, the least I can do is update the data for the last time:

Replies for B3: 102
Replies for G0: 158
Total replies: 260 (a great response!)

I updated the first post of the thread with the new histograms.

Thanks to all who replied.

bump for good topic that could use some more replies with all the new G0 owners out there.

bring to the top to educate people about newer/better steppings, lower default VID's, etc.

And hopefully a few more people will post their default vids, overclocks, etc..

Wow, both very nice clocks. Almost no need to wait for the 9450's, if all Q6600's clocked like those 2 above!

around 60-60-56-56 load,
you can also see it in screenshot, twas using TR 120X lapped w/ Sanace 1X 120x38mm

What is your room temperature? I have pretty good airflow, and can run my Q6600 at 3.6GHz with 1.35V, but I easily hit 70-75C with a lapped TRUE 120 in a room that's only 70-72F.

I also see you have a DQ6... what did you set your vFSB and vMCH to running 400x9?

so far on my G0, 3.2 ghz @ stock voltage which is showing up as 1.15 in bios 0.0 and in windows reading is 1.088 and its stable :p

What is your room temperature? I have pretty good airflow, and can run my Q6600 at 3.6GHz with 1.35V, but I easily hit 70-75C with a lapped TRUE 120 in a room that's only 70-72F.

I also see you have a DQ6... what did you set your vFSB and vMCH to running 400x9?
Hi Blade52x,

room temp was 22-24'c, wasnt that cold here in VA.
lapped my 120X to 2000 grit, vFSB +.20v vMCH +.20v, but i also have to set vPCI-E to +.25v without raising the vPCI-E DQ6 1.0 will not get my G0 stable @ 3.6Ghz.

here is my idle temp when overclocked to 3708Mhz @ 1.328v bios 1.3325v
3708occt1325vaj6.jpg

as you can see my idle temp is not that low, but under load it not surpassed 63'c

Hi Blade52x,

room temp was 22-24'c, wasnt that cold here in VA.
lapped my 120X to 2000 grit, vFSB +.20v vMCH +.20v, but i also have to set vPCI-E to +.25v without raising the vPCI-E DQ6 1.0 will not get my G0 stable @ 3.6Ghz.

here is my idle temp when overclocked to 3708Mhz @ 1.328v bios 1.3325v
3708occt1325vaj6.jpg

as you can see my idle temp is not that low, but under load it not surpassed 63'c

incredible O/C! ive seen only one SLIGHTLY better than yours.

incredible O/C! ive seen only one SLIGHTLY better than yours.

Yea, well, I was three days stable @ 3.7 Ghz. Ill keep trying though... :mad:

At any rate, am I correct and assuming that those with G0 Steppers and a VID of around 1.25 are getting, on average, the highest overclocks.

Mine is VID 1.25

My G0 has a VID of 1.25V.. I've not started to try overclocking it yet though. I have a Ultra 120 Extreme (not lapped), but at the moment it's running around 35-33C idle and 51-48C Prime95 load, which seems a little high? Even without lapping (which is, I assume, how reviews are generally performed) I would have thought that it would be closer to 40C than 50C under load at stock speeds? I'm using a 64CFM NMB-MAT fan, and it's in an Antec P182 with stock fans set to Low; High shaves off a few more degrees but I don't mind losing some headroom for a quieter PC! I may need to re-seat the heatsink, though.

Those temps do seem a little high for your setup.

I mean, when I had my processor @ Stock settings it idled around 28C..
Course my room tempature is much lower than most..

So within Vista X64, is there a way to get VID?

I've tried CoreTemp 95.4 and that will not work in this OS

B3 @ 1.3 wee wee wee and a hee hee hee! :) on the V I D you see see see :p

1.225 G0 stepping

I did a slight modification to the above posted batch file and placed a shortcut to startup, works great. Running Vista64 Ultimate

----------------start of batch--------------------

Atsiv -u ALSysIO64.sys
Atsiv -f ALSysIO64.sys

CD

Start CoreTemp.exe

-----------------end of batch--------------------

See sig for OC, but I know I can get more with better cooling.

So I'll probably have to re-seat... I get like 40C idle in a 70F room and 65C P95 load running 3375MHz with only 1.25V under load. I don't know... I just don't know if I care anymore. So what if it runs a bit warm. I really don't feel like taking everything out (again). Especially now that I've got my wiring pretty well done. The high idle temp can also be thanks to Gigabyte boards not having a functional EIST. So instead me having 1.1V at idle I've got about 1.25V :(

So within Vista X64, is there a way to get VID?

I've tried CoreTemp 95.4 and that will not work in this OS

Just check your default voltage in the BIOS.

Difficult to tell with the vdroop on my board, but setting 1.2875v manually in BIOS appears to give the same readings for vcore that I get when I set "auto"

Well I was able to get CoreTemp 95.4 up and running. I had always suspected that I had a higher VID than most. I was able to confirm using CoreTemp, but per Blade, it seems that my Bios has always told me what the VID was.

I have a G0 with a VID of 1.3125.

G0 1.2875
and a G0 1.2750

Its strange, but the 1.2875 actually does better overclocking...

At 3.6Ghz, 400x9, the 1.2875 needs 1.48 while the 1.2750 needs 1.50

Hmmm...
I know vcore and vdroop, but VID confuses me. Voltage ID or something?

My Q6600 (B3) voltages
3.0GHz @ Vcore 1.312v
3.2GHz @ Vcore 1.343v
3.4GHz (FSB hole eVGA 650i Ultra)
3.6GHz @ Vcore 1.50v
3.7GHz @ Vcore 1.55v

*(All Prime95 stable except for 3.7GHz. Temps go WAY over 73C)

My VID never changes. Is it supposed to?
37ghz.jpg

Back