Q6600 on Newegg

Anyone buying a quad today at this price has more money than brains. Only 3 more weeks until the Intel summer blow-out, 60% off sale! :D

lol
It was at like $489 the other day.

They are probably just trying to get the last few dollars they can out of the chip before it goes on the cheap.

I'd wait for sure, I know that I am. I'm not exactly sure what new CPU I'm going to get as I really have no use for a quad, but I may get one anyways just to OC the thing................:D But the new stepping 1333 core sound pretty interesting as well, I'll just have to wait and see how my mood is when the time comes.......................;)

Haha, yeah it was $480 a couple days ago.

Must be trying to make a few extra $$$ before 7/22. :rolleyes:

For those of you that don't know newegg has an automated pricing system that adjust the prices based on demand. Obviously at $480 a lot of people jumped on it making the price shoot back up to $*@@)$(@).

Yeah I guess I kind of knew that also. I just bought the EVGA 680i Mobo, and 2 hrs later it dropped $10. :mad:

For those of you that don't know newegg has an automated pricing system that adjust the prices based on demand. Obviously at $480 a lot of people jumped on it making the price shoot back up to $*@@)$(@).

I've heard this quite a bit, but how do they figure the demand? A video card like the 8800 GTX is quite expensive and I doubt as many people would be buying that as a 7900 or something.

I always wondered how they did their pricing system :confused:

I've heard this quite a bit, but how do they figure the demand? A video card like the 8800 GTX is quite expensive and I doubt as many people would be buying that as a 7900 or something.

I always wondered how they did their pricing system :confused:

I would guess they have a base algorithm that determines their prices from the average speed/amount of people buying a certain part, including the availability of them restocking the part, allowing for how many they currently have left in stock.

Atleast, if I was them, that's what I'd do.

I always buy at the egg, but I always check prices everywhere else first just to make sure I'm not slippin.

Is the price $266 wholesale or retail price? Maybe we have to wait for 1-2 weeks before the saving be propagated to the retail level.

I read that $266 is wholesale, so retail might be up to $300 maybe? At least, that's what they're saying at tankguys..
http://www.tankguys.biz/product_info.php?products_id=1712&osCsid=16e15206d5a43871aa6d00fa0aac8d6d

give it a week or two for the initial "rush" to die down and I will guarantee you the price will be VERY close to $266 at the egg. That was exactly what happened to the E6600 and all other C2D last price cuts. And BTW Tankguys CPUs always go higher than newegg or other places.

Who else besides me is going to refresh the pages on Newegg at midnight of July 21st?

I am hoping the price is $300 Shipped.

My birthday is on the 26th and it would be really sweet if it arrived on that day! :D

I would guess they have a base algorithm that determines their prices from the average speed/amount of people buying a certain part, including the availability of them restocking the part, allowing for how many they currently have left in stock.

Atleast, if I was them, that's what I'd do.

I always buy at the egg, but I always check prices everywhere else first just to make sure I'm not slippin.

Dude buying from the egg is always the right move, even if it cost's a little bit more. IMO I think it's worth paying up to $100 extra for something on the egg mainly because of their customer service. They have always been great in that department and have never let me down. Heck when I got a 7950GX2 from them and then had it die like 3 months later they actually let me get a REFUND:eek:. With that money I was able to get my 8800GTX:D and needless to say I was very happy. That's what I like about them they tell very explicitly the return policy so that you know whats what and when you do fall within the return policy they do everything they can to make you happy.

Now if I could find something somewhere else for like $300 then of course I would have to buy there, but still newegg's service is probably the best I've ever had.

IMO I think it's worth paying up to $100 extra for something on the egg mainly because of their customer service. They have always been great in that department and have never let me down. Heck when I got a 7950GX2 from them and then had it die like 3 months later they actually let me get a REFUND:eek:. With that money I was able to get my 8800GTX:D and needless to say I was very happy.

I think only idiots would do that and I call BS on the refund part.

Yeah, I dont know about paying $100 more to buy from the egg.
Maybe $30 or at most. Unless the site that is $30 cheaper is some crap site that has a bad rating on resellerratings.com

If the item is out of stock or if you are upgrading, they will refund the money. I have done this myself....all you need to do is email customer service. Granted, this isn't something you can do all the time. I was allowed to get a refund and upgrade based on my ordering history, which means you can't be constantly sending shit back for no reason.

bennetvu said:

I think only idiots trade customer service for price. I think even less of them when they DO get horrible customer service because they "found a better price" and then complain about it, but meh if people want to give themselves headaches in the long run then who am I to stop them.

Oh and you must be very noobish to the egg because as the poster before me said, as long as the item you are returning is no longer carried by newegg then they will give you a refund.

I think only idiots trade customer service for price. I think even less of them when they DO get horrible customer service because they "found a better price" and then complain about it, but meh if people want to give themselves headaches in the long run then who am I to stop them.

Oh and you must be very noobish to the egg because as the poster before me said, as long as the item you are returning is no longer carried by newegg then they will give you a refund.

LOL haha ok.... I guess the above poster didn't catch where you said after 3 months and like he said, you can't do it all the time and that probably once in a life time. If you think paying 100 more than other vendors (zipzoomfly, amazon, buy.com) then be my guess because I don't think any other idiots would do such thing. Boy, you sure know how to invest your money.

LOL haha ok.... I guess the above poster didn't catch where you said after 3 months and like he said, you can't do it all the time and that probably once in a life time. If you think paying 100 more than other vendors (zipzoomfly, amazon, buy.com) then be my guess because I don't think any other idiots would do such thing. Boy, you sure know how to invest your money.

Wow and I guess you completely made shit up because I could have sworn that I never said anything about doing those kinds of returns all of the time. And as far as that return goes, well my friend did his after a year and they still gave him a refund.

I really hate idiots that can't see the long run. You only look at what right in front of you and then you complain when something goes wrong because you have shitty planning. If you think that paying more for customer service is stupid then you are just showing how stupid you yourself are.

When you grow up a little and learn what true investing is then come buck otherwise don't talk about what you have no idea about.

Wow and I guess you completely made shit up because I could have sworn that I never said anything about doing those kinds of returns all of the time. And as far as that return goes, well my friend did his after a year and they still gave him a refund.

I really hate idiots that can't see the long run. You only look at what right in front of you and then you complain when something goes wrong because you have shitty planning. If you think that paying more for customer service is stupid then you are just showing how stupid you yourself are.

When you grow up a little and learn what true investing is then come buck otherwise don't talk about what you have no idea about.

3 months later they actually let me get a REFUND

Yeah, I guess you didn't say anything there...:rolleyes:

Who say I wouldn't pay for good customer service? I said I wouldn't pay that much and only idiots would. Like above poster stated, $30 max. I don't think adults would take my thread personally and that really showed what an adult you are. If you think your +$100 in CS is a right investment then go right ahead, no one here's going to stop you :) Have fun burning your hard earn money :)

aaaaanyways......

I also saw the Q6600 for $480 then the next day it was like $560... I thought hmm.... damn silly newegg :p

Newegg usually has awesome prices and deals, but that doesn't mean that EVERY day they will have the great deals... shop around just like you would with anything else. But I would say on the whole, Newegg has the best prices, not to mention customer support.

I've had great customer experiences with the Egg, and terrible elsewhere. Generally I stick to the Egg, most parts if there's a run on them will be back to normal stock levels relatively shortly.

It's just a matter of being aware of that and making certain not to pay more than necessary sometimes you gotta exercise some patience.

Generally I stick to the Egg, most parts if there's a run on them will be back to normal stock levels relatively shortly.

Yuppers,The Egg in the US,and NCIX in Canada

Agreed,I have worked in CS,as does my wife now,and paying more for CS is a no brainer.If you nickle and dime that,your business will suffer in the long run and the
short run.I'd rather pay a few bucks more,and have a NewEgg or NCIX backing my purchase then a few bucks less and buy from Acme Computer,and have to worry
when my latest widget purchase bites the bullet and needs some RMA lovin.

Dude buying from the egg is always the right move, even if it cost's a little bit more. IMO I think it's worth paying up to $100 extra for something on the egg mainly because of their customer service. They have always been great in that department and have never let me down. Heck when I got a 7950GX2 from them and then had it die like 3 months later they actually let me get a REFUND:eek:. With that money I was able to get my 8800GTX:D and needless to say I was very happy. That's what I like about them they tell very explicitly the return policy so that you know whats what and when you do fall within the return policy they do everything they can to make you happy.

Now if I could find something somewhere else for like $300 then of course I would have to buy there, but still newegg's service is probably the best I've ever had.

yea, my friend was saying how newegg let him return a item he got*never told me what* that he bought 2 years ago... and also sent him a free shipping label.... newegg FTW! :D

Weird, I thought Newegg's sales always lasted 2 days, or at least one full day. This morning I saw the Abit IP35 Pro on sale, $10 off, and was going to order it tonight. Tonight I go back and the sale's already over.

NCIX in Canada

Just checked this, and the board is $153 there :O
Shipping is $24, but even then it's cheaper than Newegg for that item. But not a ton, so I'm not sure I'll go for it (it's on backorder and all).

That I did not know, damn evilegg

Yeah, I guess you didn't say anything there...:rolleyes:

Who say I wouldn't pay for good customer service? I said I wouldn't pay that much and only idiots would. Like above poster stated, $30 max. I don't think adults would take my thread personally and that really showed what an adult you are. If you think your +$100 in CS is a right investment then go right ahead, no one here's going to stop you :) Have fun burning your hard earn money :)

myself said:
I never said anything about doing those kinds of returns all of the time

First off that right there is what I said. I know I said three months later but I never said anything abut doing it all of the time. I know that newegg isn't stupid and I know they are doing this one time for me to show me the outstanding customer service they give.

One thing I do have to apologize for is not being more clear. First I am not taking the thread personally just voicing my opinion and I could have found a better way to phrase that so again I apologize. Now as far as for paying extra for customer service I wasn't really clear on that either. I'm not saying I would always pay that much extra for it I'm just saying I'd be willing to pay that much extra depending on the product. Obviously if it was something that wasn't really that important that didn't need great customer service then yeah it would be stupid of me.

Oh and as far as making things look like it was personal well sorry about that, kinda had a rough day that day so I kinda lashed out when I shouldn't of, that TRULY wasn't adult of me.

Back