Q6600 on new Asus P5KC Question

robbiekhan

Gawd
Hi,

If I built a new system with an Asus P5KC and bought a quad core Q6600 to use on it and the board came with a BIOS earlier to the 0701 revision (released last month) would the cpu still boot up into windows so the newest BIOS could be downloaded ?

I always wondered this and remember someone mentioning it at one point but never remembered what they said :/

Cheers!

Since the Q6600 was out before that board was in the market, I don't see why you would have any problems at all, even with the release bios. Obviously, once you're up and running a bios flash probably wouldn't hurt.

Well I built the system today - it came with the latest bios already installed :D

Quad Core = awesome!

Hi,

If I built a new system with an Asus P5KC and bought a quad core Q6600 to use on it and the board came with a BIOS earlier to the 0701 revision (released last month) would the cpu still boot up into windows so the newest BIOS could be downloaded ?

I always wondered this and remember someone mentioning it at one point but never remembered what they said :/

Cheers!

I think the only problem you might have, in relation to the BIOS, is with G0 as opposed to B3 (might require an update), no major worries you should still be able to boot and flash the BIOS if that is the case. (obviously you have another rig to sort this out if you're posting on here).

Back