Q6600 4.0GHZ Club / The i7 Killers

with my setup anything above 3.6 requires some insane voltage on the CPU, and NB fronts as well as better than air cooling. post is possible as is login screen, but prime fail from the get go.

same here. my chip is magical in that it needs such low voltages to run at 3.6, yet is cursed in that anything above that requires huge jumps in voltage and is never really stable past post/logon.

My G0 Q6600 is overclocked to 4.15GHz and
it iddles at 29 and under load 37 (using water cooling)
Highest temperture were 48 after 30 hours of prime 98
My voltage is at 1.56 its a bit high but its been stable for 2 month.
I managed to get to trought Vantage oc at 4.55 but it failed after
5min of prime98...but I think it fails because of my mother board..

Nice, read the first post, and post your vantage score (official comparison link), so that way we can verify what your saying is true. Otherwise, it's probably not.

Lol, 4ghz, I wish. My Q6600 requires pretty ridiculous voltage to get anywhere. It's currently running at 3.55ghz /w 1.5V under water. 1.300v VID. Pretty crappy.

Setup:
Q6600 G0
Gigabyte X38 DS4
D-Tek FuZion CPU block with backplate and accelerator nozzles installed.
Eheim 1250 pump
Black Ice Xtreme X-Flow 360mm /w 3 Noctua NF-P12's

My 1.275 VID Q6600 takes a wopping 1.53v to be stable at 3.6. I run it at 3.4 w/ 1.46v. Sucker runs hot too. Idles around 40c and loads around 70c with a Xigamtek S1283.

Bunk chip FTL.

I got my Q6600 to 3.3 on an X48 Gigabyte board WITH watercooling and 1.4V, I thought I was superman.

I don't think my Q6600 with 4GB 8500 DDR2 Ram could stand in the same room with my X58 set-up......the X58 is just wicked fast.period.

Cool deal. I will probably go with an x58 / i7 rig next year or so. Until then I'll just enjoy the same gaming performance as an i7 rig regardless, lol.

Damn no one else running this thing at 4.0. Well I'm sure someone else will come forth

Cool deal. I will probably go with an x58 / i7 rig next year or so. Until then I'll just enjoy the same gaming performance as an i7 rig regardless, lol.

Damn no one else running this thing at 4.0. Well I'm sure someone else will come forth

G2 overclock.net. There's a few guys over there who have low vID Q6600s at 4.0Ghz.

I'm running at 4.0 on a danger den water cooling set up. But no way to prove it for a while, no internets at home, using the blackberry. It idles at around 45c and doesn't reach above 60c. I'm not sure on the exact voltage, I adjusted that a lot to get it stable, I think 1.475, ill try and get benchmarks it runs 3dmark06 fine and goes through vantage fine but won't give me a score, and I keep forgetting to download prime. I think I could get it a bit further but would require a whole lot of tweaking

Mine does 3.2Ghz @ 1.34v but it's a furnace. Hate to push it anymore than that. The temp difference between 3.0Ghz and 3.2 is nearly 10c. Guess I need better cooling.

I finally hit 3.6Ghz at 1.408v @ load. Temps aren't too too bad. Hits around 63c at load with P95 and 68c with IBT.

if my board didn't have such horrible vdroop I'd push it further. It's that it's sitting around 1.492v at idle that concerns me.Tried a pencil mod, but it did nothing at all. Meh. Maybe time I get that P45-UD3P.

I finally hit 3.6Ghz at 1.408v @ load. Temps aren't too too bad. Hits around 63c at load with P95 and 68c with IBT.

if my board didn't have such horrible vdroop I'd push it further. It's that it's sitting around 1.492v at idle that concerns me.Tried a pencil mod, but it did nothing at all. Meh. Maybe time I get that P45-UD3P.
Nice one:) A p45 would be a nice board, my own q6600 runs at 3.6ghz most of the time, 1.4 vcore @load, temps of 56-56-51-50, under a lapped TRUE black with 2 sharkoon 2000rpm fans.

untitled-1.jpg

Nice OC. 3.6ghz is good enough. Only 400mhz more and a comparison link and you'll be 4.0ghz certified::cool:

Why not CPU-Z verification & IntelBurnTest/LinX for atleast 10 runs o_O

Nah, then people could just find random screenshots over the internet. Needs to have a vantage comparison link showing the q6600 at 4.0ghz or up. This post has been up forever and I'm surprised no one else is running a q6600 at 4.0 and up here. This is suppose to be [H]ard...but then again maybe everyone here is running i7s :p

Back