[email protected] + Three Rads + 2 Pumps + ArmorLCS

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
As my old thread get lost in the Database, i have to redo from the scratch.

Hardware Setup:

Q6600 B3 @ 3.51
XFX 680i Sli Motherboard
4GB OCZ PC6400 DDR2 @ 1004mhz
X1900XT 512MB DDR3 @ 700/1800
ATI 650 Pro HDTV Tunner
2 x 320GB SATAII RAID 0
18X DVD Writer
Thermaltake Armor LCS
500 Watts Ultra-X finity PSU

Water Setup:

D-tek Fuzion
MCP 655 Pump
2 X MCR 320 Radiators
Thermaltake's 220 Radiator
Thermaltake's Pump + Reservoir
MCW30 Chipset Block
MCW60 GPU Block.
Swiftech's Micr Reservoir
1/2" ID Tubbing from Home Depot.

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2092720.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

XFX 680i + X1900XT + Chipset with Water Blocks on.

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

Cooling Reactor. :D

IMG_2106.jpg

Mounted and Back View.

IMG_2120.jpg

Front Vew Meet the Tripple Barrel it beats with 680i Sli's Theme.

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

Filling with Coolant.

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

Nice, what are the temp differences between "passive" and fan-cooled radiators?

a *lot* (roughly 60-90%) more cooling power.

Traditional sized radiators arn't supposed to be run passive, they're too restrictive to let much air through.

What i see is not more than 10C - 15C. I can run Q6600 @ 3.5ghz all day @ 1.425v in bios and in windows 1.34v passive.

I'd love to see the bracket for the front intake 1202.2 rad. I also have an armor, and as you know, my parts are on their way. I'll be using the 120.2 up front, so it'd be a great help if you had any shots of how you attached that rad in the front of the Armor. Thanks.

- Josh

Oh, and nice rig man!

Sabergen. I have Armor LCS, which comes with the water cooling system. It has a custom bracket and i think it come with other Armors too for hard drive, where you can attach the radiator. The following picture will help you understand, and compare if you have this in your Armor.

IMG_2107.jpg

thanks for the pic, it's really worth 1000 words! I did see that yours was the LCS edition before I posted that question. Mine is not the LCS, and as such, does not have the HDD backet that yours came with. I suppose I will be going to Home Depot anyways...looks like a custom mount is in order for my setup. Thanks again for the picture.

Not quite yet. My mom was in town to help plan the wedding, and there was just a lot going on. I'm still waiting for my res and my cpu block to show up too. I'll probably take a look at it tonight, and mount up my new fans and the lights.

Post pictures of your build when you are done. I would really like to see how you setup, that might give me any idea.

Hey everyone, I am VERY interested in how to setup an Armor case for water cooling as well. I'm doing my first WC build and have my gear all loaded up sans water cooling equipment. I'm just doing air cooling for now until I figure out how to setup a nice internal system for the water cooling without taking up the entire case.

I was planning on mounting a single PA120.2 rad in the lower front of the case. The more I read though, the more I wonder if this will be enough to cool a Q6600 and a 8800 GTS. So, please post images of your radiator mountings in an Armor case for inspiration :)

Thanks!

Hey everyone, I am VERY interested in how to setup an Armor case for water cooling as well. I'm doing my first WC build and have my gear all loaded up sans water cooling equipment. I'm just doing air cooling for now until I figure out how to setup a nice internal system for the water cooling without taking up the entire case.

I was planning on mounting a single PA120.2 rad in the lower front of the case. The more I read though, the more I wonder if this will be enough to cool a Q6600 and a 8800 GTS. So, please post images of your radiator mountings in an Armor case for inspiration :)

Thanks!

Here's one I built for a friend in Miami:

RadMounted2.jpg

And this is one I built for myself. I used Lian Li drive bay covers and drilled the ears that hold the bay in the case then screwed them into the case through the existing holes for screwing drives in place.

Rad2-1.jpg

On the bottom of mine I used velcro on the rad and the bottom of the case to hold the bottom of the rad since the PC wasn't being carried very far. The one for the friend in Miami got the bulletproof dual bracket setup since it had to be shipped 1500 miles. It made the trip unscathed and ended up coming back to me (just a 700 mile trip since I moved) to have the mobo swapped and it made the trip here and back with flying colors.

I almost wished I bought a case like that, nice setups everyone. And to the guy above me who made the custom rad brackets, excellent work. It will be a while before I watercool my new q6600 setup. Mike

I almost wished I bought a case like that, nice setups everyone. And to the guy above me who made the custom rad brackets, excellent work. It will be a while before I watercool my new q6600 setup. Mike

Back