Q6600 $134 shipped @ newegg (open box)

OHM EFF GEEEEEEEEEE

Wow, quite a difference from when i bought the Q6700 at $230.

Want to bite, but Newegg's openbox cpu return policy looks like shit.
Open-Box Items

* Return for refund within: 15 days
* Return for replacement within: non-replaceable

Any ideas what happens if you are sent a defect? Btw, what is openbox for newegg? returned oem?

I don't trust newegg open box at all. Bought a motherboard and it was completely DOA. Lost shipping fees, I had to fight to get them not to charge a friggin' restocking fee. Fuck that.

I've always had good luck with open box and newegg. Also this is a CPU, it is extremely rare to get a DOA CPU and it is super hard to kill a CPU, especially intel CPUs.

"Deactivated Item..."

Interesting, but it was there earlier for $127 and change, guess once the word spread they disappeared like a fart in the wind. ;)

Just think about it, how many open box Q6600s can newegg have? Probably had like 3 and all were snapped up in minutes.

I have my ups and downs with their open box buys. My first 6800gt ran fine in 2d but would pixelate in 3d, and they tried to charge me a restocking fee for a defective card.

I had a asus p4p800 that was GREAT until one of the SMT IC's broke off whilst I was installing a huge ass heatsink. Now I know how to fix them 4 years later.

Was gone within 10 minutes. Deliberated over and over, but went for 2 just before they ran out V=.=

The Q9450 in my sig is actually a Newegg refurb ($236) from about a month ago. As soon as my order went through the site said the item is discontinued, so I'm guessing mine was the last and possibly the only. So you guys really shouldn't sit on deals like this too long.

From what I understand, if you do get a defect, they refund your money. No exchanges.

The Q9450 in my sig is actually a Newegg refurb ($236) from about a month ago. As soon as my order went through the site said the item is discontinued, so I'm guessing mine was the last and possibly the only. So you guys really shouldn't sit on deals like this too long.

From what I understand, if you do get a defect, they refund your money. No exchanges.
How is your q9450 o/ced?

How is your q9450 o/ced?

I haven't had time to check it out unfortunately. I have a gut feeling it's not a great OC'er as the only people who would buy and return a Q9450 would probaby be an OC'er that's not satisfied.

I too have only had negative experiences with neweggs open box purchases. I once bought a video card that would artifact in 3d but was fine for everyday browsing.

Back