Q19D Spicy Xeon Motherboard

bwang

[H]ard|Gawd
I have some Q19D Extra Spicy 8-core Xeons. On my Asus Z9PE-D16 board they give a POST code of "00" when installed; I presume this means they aren't compatible.
Anyone know of a dual-socket board I can run these on?

tkam

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Dec. 2012
I've had good luck w/ spicy chips and the Supermicro X9DAi. Having said that you should really double check that post code to rule out anything else being the issue.

Nathan_P

[H]ard DCOTM x3
Asus are normally pretty good with Spicy chips, I have a Z9PE-D8 workstation board with a pair of qa90's in that are folding fine.

You also might want to check the manual - on the D8 00 is not used as a bios code - D0 would indicate a CPU error.

ND40oz

[H]F Junkie
Isn't that an A1 stepping? I'd try it in a single processor board first, a lot of the early ones wouldn't work in a dual config, the qpi links weren't there.

bwang

[H]ard|Gawd
Isn't that an A1 stepping? I'd try it in a single processor board first, a lot of the early ones wouldn't work in a dual config, the qpi links weren't there.

Yeah, it might be an issue with the stepping.
Gah, back to Ebay I go for new processors...

Nathan_P

[H]ard DCOTM x3
Yeah, it might be an issue with the stepping.
Gah, back to Ebay I go for new processors...

While you're looking check on the Q19D's and see what mobo's they are compatable with - there are a lot of spicy chips out there that will only run on 2 mobo's. A new mobo is cheaper than a pair of CPU's

tkam

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Dec. 2012
I think ND40oz has the right idea, some of the early steppings only work in single socket boards.