Q-See DVR Video Streaming Problem

REDYOUCH

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a client with a Q-See DVR that they would like to access remotely. The web interface works fine internally (192.168.x.x). I opened up port 80 and 2000, and setup dynamic dns for them. I can connect to the web interface remotely, but none of the video shows up. Any ideas?

Maybe a browser issue? I have a client with a different vendor's DVR, but we can only view the video in Internet Explorer. It installs an ActiveX component, which then makes everything work. Firefox, Safari, Opera - none of them work.

When you connect remotely to the computer with your dvr installed, you usually have to open 3 ports. Port 80 which is your telnet server for the dvr, and 2 other ports for data, and command. When you connect properly you then download the clientside software on the remote pc.

As klesik correctly observed, you must use internet explorer on the clientside as it installs active X components. Furthermore, make sure your server pc can properly render direct draw by checking for graphical chipset compatibility with your DVR hardware.

I've worked with many PC/DVR systems and they have all been successful.

check that the dvr is set to use port 2000 some versions use 8000 and some let you set the port.
Then forward UDP to that port.

check that the dvr is set to use port 2000 some versions use 8000 and some let you set the port.
Then forward UDP to that port.

The manufacturer states that port 80 is needed for the web interface (which I can access fine), and port 2000 is also needed. I know I forwarded port 2000, but will check to ensure that UDP is enabled.

THanks

Back