Q-Flash won't read floppy

jbog91

Limp Gawd
I just got finished building a computer and hooking it up. Everything runs smooth (a little louder than my dell but still smooth) and I went in the Q-Flash menu of my Gigabyte DS3L rev. 2.0. I hit update bios from disk, it acted like it was doing something, then said "Invalid MBR" or something like that. I hit enter and it give me a list of drives to update from, my floppy being one of them. I hit enter, the green light on the floppy drive come on, but then it said "Error accessing disk" or something similar. No matter how many times I try, it won't work.

I formated the disk, even unchecked quick format.I downloaded the newest bios for my board to support the e8400 processor. I extracted the files from the auto extracting exe file and there were three, which I copied over to the floppy. Did I do anything wrong here? Why won't it read the floppy. One of my other computers will read it in windows.

It must be the floppy disk. The other computer can't format it. It just ways windows can not complete the format. I'll have to go find another. Those things are so ancient, I don't have but one around that I know about.

EDIT: Nope. I got a new floppy, formatted it, put the files on it, and it still didn't work. I'm all out of ideas. Any of yall got some?

EDIT: Never mind. You can lock this post. I didn't fix the problem but found another solution. Apparently you can use usb flash drives. Hooray for advances in technology.

Back