putting World of warcraft on dvd

has anyone taken all the cds and put them on 1 dvd for ease of use to carry around is so is there a guide or anything like that thanks alot

Ease of use...unless you mean installation of the game itself, you don't need the cds to play the game.

But, I will try to burn them on dvd tonight.

right ease of use for the install of the game so i only have to do one thats its not a big thing but easier to manage then 4 cds

What you could try doing is imaging all the CDs and burning the images to DVD. Then you just mount the images as needed with daemon-tools or another virtual drive. Not the cleanest method but it should work if simply copying all the files to a DVD doesn't.

true that would work but i know i did it with doom3 so i was curious about WOW if there is no way then that way would work

i have not said anything about a cd patch or cd crack at all have because if i have please quote me i cant remember ,

I'd go with obs' suggestion -- seems like you'd run into problems with expected disc swaps if you tried to install direct from DVD.

AlexStenka said:
Lock Lock Lock It Up! :p

Read the rules. ;)

You can't pirate WoW anyways. *shrugs*

I don't see why you couldn't just slap all the files on a DVD since that's what the DVD version does.

Lordnikon981 said:
i know thats why i thought this was no big deal i dont know who he is trying to impress

Trying to impress himself, most likely ... and even there he failed.

What would be the point of putting the retail game you bought on a DVD? Yes, "ease of use to carry around" but then you will have 5 discs to deal with. :confused:

uh... that would be a no i would leave the other 4 put up somewhere safe and onlu use the dvd to install on as many machines as i want so when ever i go to one i can play my account

Well i know for a fact that the game can be burnt w/o issue on cdrs. My laptop couldn't read the cds I got with the game because of a crappy press. Also my desktop took forever to install because of the same issue. However I was able to rip the cds and burn them on cdrs and install them on my laptop. What you could do is rip the cds as images and burn all the images on one dvd then load each image using daemon tools. Other than that I don't know of any way.

Lordnikon981 said:
uh... that would be a no i would leave the other 4 put up somewhere safe and onlu use the dvd to install on as many machines as i want so when ever i go to one i can play my account

So in other words you're looking to sneak some gaming onto work machines. :p

Othersider said:
So in other words you're looking to sneak some gaming onto work machines. :p

I have WoW on my PC at work :). It runs just fine on my p4 2.2 and Quadro 4 :D

yep your excatly right its then i have to get the firewall done so i can play win the boss is not around ;)

CyberCRAP said:
Well i know for a fact that the game can be burnt w/o issue on cdrs. My laptop couldn't read the cds I got with the game because of a crappy press. Also my desktop took forever to install because of the same issue.

My laptop took forever to install...didn't realize that was the reason why...thought it was normal or decompressing files. Did it install much faster after using the images?

well im not sure if u already know how to put WOW on DVD... its simply easy.. and it worked for me... extract all the "Installer Tome.mpq" from the 5 cds... put em into 1 iso (or whatever extension u use) u dont have to edit any *.exe or something like that as u do with the *.msi files... good luck!

Back