Putting RAID drivers onto the Windows 7 DVD?

Gibbage

Limp Gawd
Im wanting to install Windows 7 into a partition on my RAID drive. I know there is a way to dump the drivers onto the DVD because I dont have a floppy. I still am amazed at this date that Windows 7 still requires any storage drivers to be on a floppy drive? WTF?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

With vLite it's probably possible (www.vlite.net) but as Vista and Windows 7 can read such files off floppies (ugh), CDs, DVDs, and even USB sticks or Flash media, or an external drive of some kind, it's typically easier to do it that way if it's a one shot.

If you want it permanent then go check out vLite and see about slipstreaming them.

but as Vista and Windows 7 can read such files off floppies (ugh), CDs, DVDs, and even USB sticks or Flash media, or an external drive of some kind, it's typically easier to do it that way if it's a one shot.

Crud. I didnt even know that was an option! I have always just installed the OS onto a non-RAID drive and used a drive image program like True Image to ghost it over to the raid once the drivers were set up in the OS! DOH! Time to get the flash drive out.

Back