Putting my Old HD in a New Rig y/n?

emerpus

n00b
I honestly dont know where to put this thread...

i have a old computer, windows XP Service Pack 2... and i want to know if i can put this EIDE Hard drive in my new computer *specs in sig*. It has the slots and crap on the Mobo, but i wanan know if it will work, or even ruin my rig. im really tempted, because i have no OS in this new rig yet.

I honestly dont know where to put this thread...

i have a old computer, windows XP Service Pack 2... and i want to know if i can put this EIDE Hard drive in my new computer *specs in sig*. It has the slots and crap on the Mobo, but i wanan know if it will work, or even ruin my rig. im really tempted, because i have no OS in this new rig yet.

Use SysPrep and you shouldn't run into any problems. Unless you don't have access to the computer that the drive was in, then you can't run it. In that case, I'm not sure what you should do.

I would put it in and try it. I mean your reformatting the hard drive for Xp SP2 so it'll get wiped and should be fine, unless the hard drive has bad sectors on it.

This Hard Drive is in a Sony Vaio, so its like "Made/formatted" for The Sony Setup? does that run in any concerns?

You'll want to remove all the Sony-only junk, but Sysprep will handle stripping out the drivers for you.

Back