Putting my freelance biz on Facebook - best way?

Rikki

2[H]4U
Hi folks,

Im wanting to put my freelance business on Facebook but am not sure how to go about this.

Ive seen a lot of companies creating user accounts so that they appear like normal people, can send and receive messages and such like but Id also read that wasnt the best way to do things.

I'd like people to be able to obviously communicate via messages and wouldnt like to just create a fan style page where it lists me as the "person behind" things as I have a lot of family, personal style stuff on my own Facebook page and although not anything I am ashamed of, its not really something Id like prospective clients to look at if I am the page creator etc.

What would you recommend ?

Thanks

Ri

What type of freelance business are we talking about? If you're talking about design then my personal opinion is that Facebook alone isn't going to cut it. You're not going to sell your design services by showing people you made an account on Facebook.

Facebook (along with Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) can be a great method of promotion and lead generation, but should only be a component of that strategy.

When you create an account you have the option of doing it as a company; it'll give you different fields (things like a founded date instead of a birthday, etc.). You then communicate as that company name vs. your name, and it won't list you anywhere on it (unless you friend your company, then you'll show up as a friend).

You shouldn't be using Facebook as your hub for communication. Other companies use Facebook to link back to their websites, you should do the same.

I would agree with monkey_slap. While facebook is an okay extension into the social network realms it won't be enough. OP - you have an actual honest to god website, right?

Back