Push-pull on Infinity or Ultra 120?

I plan on using 80cfm fans(probably don't need that much) for pushing and pulling. Which heatsink do you think will perform better?

A few degrees. Not a huge difference, but that's generally the way it is with the top echelon of heatsinks.

From what I've read on most the the reviews for the Ultra 120, it usually has the Ultra 120 coming out on top. However, with the Infinity, sometimes the review says it's the best cooler while other's think that it doesn't do too well. However, none of the reviews that I remember had the Ultra 120 and Infinity in the same review.

So looks like Ultra 120 seems to be better in general.

It really comes down to how much space you have in your case. They both cool equaly and for this reason i would look for the lighter of the two. I try not to put too much stress on the mobo whenever i can. I tend to try to choose heat sinks that are in the sub 700g catagory...however, if you are very sure of your motherboard/ dont move your case around a lot, weight really isnt an issue. I think the ultra is cheaper too if i remember. :p

We still haven't seen a realtime comparison with the top 3 coolers out there right now:

Infinity
Tower 120
Ultra 120

The latest madshrimps review of the ultra is so STUPID since they used a case / motherboard that wouldn't allow proper orientation of the Ultra 120.

The other review linked above took results from 2 different testes run @ different dates with different ambient temperatures.

Like I said...no real review YET!

Back