Pursuit Ergonomic Chair by UPLIFT Desk Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Pursuit Ergonomic Chair by UPLIFT Desk Review

One day late last year I got a promotional email from a company that I had done business with in the past, The Human Solution, and it featured the Pursuit Ergonomic Chair by UPLIFT Desk. The chair looked extremely comfortable and supportive while not being off-the-charts expensive. We asked, and Human Solution was kind enough to send one over for review.

Can the armrest be removed? I am in the market for a new chair and I prefer to not have armrest. I alike to scoot up pretty close to my desks so that I can rest my arms on the table top. I have found this works for me in terms of posture, comfort, and helping me control my carpal tunnel.

Can the armrest be removed? I am in the market for a new chair and I prefer to not have armrest. I alike to scoot up pretty close to my desks so that I can rest my arms on the table top. I have found this works for me in terms of posture, comfort, and helping me control my carpal tunnel.
Yes, you can fully remove the entire armrest and mount.

thanks for the review. I might hold off on one of these then.

Kyle, your review is spot on. It's exactly how I feel about this chair particularly related with the comfort on the cushion.

If anyone is interested in purchasing this chair, search for a promotional code online for Human Solution. I bought mine for $279.65 with a promo code in September of 2017.

This looks like a nice reasonably priced non-racing-stripe chair.

I'm adding this to my list it chairs to consider along with the Autonomous chair.

Has anyone that has purchased from this company every dealt with returns? The chair looks good, but I will not know until I sit in it if it is right for me.
I wish this was on Amazon. With Prime, the return process is a non factor for me.

To be fair, I sit in my desk chair all day long and usually part of the night. After about 6 hours or so, it just is not comfortable any more, not that is a problem either. If the seat was made out of a more dense foam, this chair would be near perfect. And the engineering is second to none. I have $1000 Herman Miller chairs here, and those have nothing on the Pursuit in terms of design and engineering. For an at-home chair that you will not be sitting in all day long, I think it is still a solid choice.

If you had to choose between a Herman Miller (assuming Aeron?) and the Pursuit without cost as a factor, which would it be in term of long term seating comfort? I have a fairly long commute and my car seat feels like that sitting on a board feeling after an hour which I can't stand. I also have an Aeron which in the last year, I have added a seat cushion to.. lol. In terms of lumbar support, sounds like the Pursuit does a really good job. I find that the base Aeron with the lumbar bar is too far set back that it doesn't even help me which is why I've been looking at a posturefit version. How do you find the two compare in terms of lumbar support? Ugh.. why can't I just be young again and just pick a chair based on looks and price. lol.
Been a while since I sat in the HM for a long time, but I think the Pursuit has much better lumbar support due to the adjustment range available on the back seat and lumbar depth.

Interesting but not a good enough warranty like my chair that shops a totally new one for free when one little thing is wrong with it.

$330? Pfft! Everybody knows that "you can't have a good chair at less than $5,000"... ;)

Has anyone that has purchased from this company every dealt with returns? The chair looks good, but I will not know until I sit in it if it is right for me.
I wish this was on Amazon. With Prime, the return process is a non factor for me.
Does Amazon Prime not charge you for return shipping on chairs?

Does Amazon Prime not charge you for return shipping on chairs?
Let's ask Amazon!

You can return most items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com in new condition with all original packaging and accessories within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. As a friendly reminder once the reason of returning the item is an Amazon's fault ( damage, defective, wrong item) we will pay for the return shipping fee, however if the reason of returning the item is not an Amazon's error ( no longer needed, fit and style issue) customer will be charged for the return shipping cost. We can accept most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. There are some exceptions for certain products, though. You can see details of our returns information here: http://www.amazon.com/help/returns

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
There's a $20 off SEATING20 code floating around, so I'm giving this chair a shot. I'm not the tallest guy, so your comment about seat depth being an inch/two too short is actually a benefit to me.
Will update later with my impressions. I'm currently on a AK Octane chair that I've had since like 2006.

Last edited:
Back