Puretrak Valor

SoFGR

[H]ard|Gawd
Hmm, what makes this mouse stand out? There's like 100 mouses that have the same or similar features now. Interesting, though.

Basically if it works as promised it's the perfect mouse, ergonomics aside. There's no perfect mouse, yet.

This is basically the same predictionLESS sensor that the DA has, plus a tweaked lens for proper LOD unlike the DA. Driverless, etc.

This is basically the same predictionLESS sensor that the DA has, plus a tweaked lens for proper LOD unlike the DA. Driverless, etc.

Does looks similar to DA. Lift off distance is a matter of personal preference.

I have been gaming with the Black Edition Death Adder for a few months now and it is very stable when lifting off and coming back down or just lifting off and then doing a second fire for a combo. DA is a good mouse. Not sure about the Valor.

Does looks similar to DA. Lift off distance is a matter of personal preference.

I have been gaming with the Black Edition Death Adder for a few months now and it is very stable when lifting off and coming back down or just lifting off and then doing a second fire for a combo. DA is a good mouse. Not sure about the Valor.

I've pre-ordered my DA and have been using it (had more than one) since release pretty much full time with small stint with the Ikari Optical. The DA is the best mouse, it's like a 3.0 on crack. Predictionless etc. The issue with the LOD on the DA is that it can cause skipping depending on how you play, especially with Black Clothpads like the QCK, Goliathus etc.

Last edited:
I'm another Deathadder user. I love that mouse. I used the old 3g for a couple of years and have been using the black edition for a couple of months now. Both mice seem to track well on any surface that I throw them on and I find the DA very comfortable.

To me this mouse looks a lot like the MX518 as far as the shape goes. Sadly that shape just isn't for me as a claw gripper. I think that I might have to pass on this mouse.

I also don't understand the gimmiky adjustable weights. Just give me a light balanced mouse.

especially with Black Clothpads like the QCK, Goliathus etc.

I use Saitek Cyborg V.5 Gaming Surface mouse pad. rigid Aluminum with hard double sided surface for precision or speed. Best gaming mouse pad I have ever used.

plus a tweaked lens for proper LOD unlike the DA.

The Deathadder doesn't need a tweaked lens for lower liftoff distance, just a normal LED instead of their "infrared" LED. I did this some time ago and it liftoff distance went way down on cloth pads.

IMG_9569.jpg

I use Saitek Cyborg V.5 Gaming Surface mouse pad. rigid Aluminum with hard double sided surface for precision or speed. Best gaming mouse pad I have ever used.

Sounds like the rocketfish pad that I had. I prefer my QCK+. I'm really fond of cloth pads.

Sounds like the rocketfish pad that I had. I prefer my QCK+. I'm really fond of cloth pads.

My DA black edition has very short feet and I put alot of pressure on the mouse and I found that with a softer mouse pad I was bottoming out. With the hard surface mouse pad it just glides.

My DA black edition has very short feet and I put alot of pressure on the mouse and I found that with a softer mouse pad I was bottoming out. With the hard surface mouse pad it just glides.

That's a Razer problem. I have the same issue with the Abyssus. A ghetto solution is to buy another set of mouse feet and just stick them on top of the current set. It also serves to reduce the observed LOD a little bit.

I just can't get used to these "upside down bowl" shaped mice. I've tried at least a dozen and always end up back using my original Diamondback. I'm screwed when it finally wears out. :p

I just can't get used to these "upside down bowl" shaped mice. I've tried at least a dozen and always end up back using my original Diamondback. I'm screwed when it finally wears out. :p

Look into the Abyssus. It has less of the ergonomic shape and more what I would call a lightweight gaming performance shape. It's not designed to be palmed and uber comfortable, it's designed to be gripped and moved accurately.

Look into the Abyssus. It has less of the ergonomic shape and more what I would call a lightweight gaming performance shape. It's not designed to be palmed and uber comfortable, it's designed to be gripped and moved accurately.
I'll give it a try. Thanks!

So my Valor arrived on Friday. Been using it off and on and on multiple surfaces - Artisan Hien Soft, Hien Hard, Puretrak Talent included with the Valor, and Func 1030 Archetype.

Mixed feelings overall. The mouse is fairly light without weights, approximately the same as the Deathadder Black I have. Perhaps even slightly lighter, though I stress the word slightly.

The Good

-Good feel, both the overall rubber and texture rubberized sides
-Construction quality feels solid
-Most comfortable mouse I've found BESIDES my Dell Tactx thus far
-Mousewheel is probably the best I've seen (Excellent balance of texture feel, click feel, and scroll feel)

The Bad

-Tracking leaves much to be desired and seems to have some positive accel
-Right button does not feel as responsive (or as easy to click) as the left, this is a major problem, the grooves on each mouse button compound this problem (they are not as beneficial as the grooves on the Deathadder by comparison)
-Single DPI button can actually prove to be an annoyance.

Another gripe which wouldn't really be fair to include above (as it has no bearing on the mouse itself) is there is nowhere to store the weights. A small container would have been nice.

I finally picked up an Abyssus (mirror edition $35). I really like it. It's a bit smaller than I'm used to, but feels pretty good and works great. The 3500 DPI setting is a bit hard to control so I've got it set at 1800 which is perfect. No extra buttons that I'll never use is another bonus. :)

Back