Purchased an XBox 360 250GB with Kinect

AceGoober

Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!
After years of adamantly sticking with being a PC only guy I decided to get a console. I wasn't sure which console I was going to buy but it would be either a XBox 360 with Kinect or PS3. The last console I bought and actually used was an Atari 2600....yeah, old guy here. :p

I started putting money aside towards a console and was looking around for deals either locally on the web to get an idea of how much I would need to have to get a good starter package. A coworker heard I was looking and offered her XBox 360 with Kinect and two games. She hadn't used the console for any more than a couple of hours since buying it on impulse four months ago. She primarily plays on PS3 where all of her friends are and was happy with it more so than what she had experienced with XBox 360. Since the console was just collecting dust and in the way she offered it to me for $150. That was a helluva deal that I couldn't pass up and bought it. And, yesterday she said she found her Halo 3 and was tossing that in as well. I'm definitely stoked about playing that title. :D

I haven't plugged the XBox in as of yet as I'm reading up on do's, don'ts, must haves, etc prior to actually getting started with it. If anyone has any advice or recommendations I'm all ears. :)

Pic for reference:

AceGoober_XBox360_Kinect.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely be giving the XIM-EDGE a serious look-at since I am more at home with a keyboard and mouse than I am with a controller.

http://store.xim3.com/XIM-EDGE_p_12.html

Lets you use KB/M on a 360. May want to look into it if you want to play FPS on your console.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely be giving the XIM-EDGE a serious look-at since I am more at home with a keyboard and mouse than I am with a controller.

I definitely recommend the XIM-EDGE. A friend has it for his FPS games, and it does help better than the controller does, especially if you're coming from the PC to the console for the first time, that peripheral helps tremendously.

Back