Purchased a financed phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a lot of stuff in the past from him and never had issue. I always got a good deal too.

Actually this was my 2nd time buying from zod96 and everything went well except that my tmobile phone is leased and he never mentioned anything about phone being leased.

That may be true, but what the hell is his angle here? He leased two phones with (supposedly) his own credit, sold them as 'unlocked' phones for well under market value, and took a loss on them? Either his account was hacked, he needed a very quick $1000, or he tried pulling some really shady shit.

I really don't understand either, but if he's account was hacked, he wouldn't be responding to me yesterday. I really like this phone but I am just not sure if he will pay monthly for next 2 years. so sad

Last edited:
I really like this phone but I am just not sure if he will pay monthly for next 2 years. so sad

Yeah I wouldn't even fuck around with that idea either. If he really wanted to sell it, he would have paid off the amount remaining on his account before flipping it. If he didn't mention the leasing aspect of this before the sale completed, it's highly likely he was going to let the payments lapse on it and leave you with a dead phone. There's really no other way to explain this.

Yeesh, I wonder if his other buyers are aware that his phones are all under EIP.

Alas I didn't know about this when I purchased my S6 from him 2½ months ago and I just found out now. :mad:

Question is, what can I do? It's been a few months since I purchased from him so I'm less likely to get my money back.

Alas I didn't know about this when I purchased my S6 from him 2½ months ago and I just found out now. :mad:

Question is, what can I do? It's been a few months since I purchased from him so I'm less likely to get my money back.

I would contact T-Mobile and ask what your options are.

Good to know that your phone is still working. I am sure there are more buyers who doesn't even know phone is leased. Did you PM zod96 for this matter?

phone can be unlocked without paying off phone. before phone has to be paid off. EIP, equipmnt installment plan. Can also be unlocked if phone is 45 days in plan. It will get global banned if payments are not made.

I wouldn't even care if he made it up or not. This is straight up fraud. Everyone should be putting him on there DnT list and he should be banned.

So shady from someone with positive feedback and previously happy clients. Real shame. Wonder what the motivation was.

How weird. Not trying to defend him, but what if he intended on making the payments and needed bulk cash upfront and hoped people wouldn't find out about the EIP? Not saying that's a brilliant plan. Just saying he may just be stupid and not an outright criminal.

Basically I am screwed :(
I already pm'ed crosshairs and he's not responding either. Do we have another mod that can get involve with this matter?

What did Google Wallet say? If they say they can't help I would involve your credit card company. But the end choice is up to you.

What did Google Wallet say? If they say they can't help I would involve your credit card company. But the end choice is up to you.

I called google wallet and they say not to pay to someone if you don't know that person very well lol. I did file a chargeback through my bank but I have never done chargeback before so I don't know how this process goes. I just want to return the phone back to zod96 and get a refund.

worst case I can sell this phone as for part only :(
Galaxy S6 has great camera so it can be like my mp3 + camera LOL.

Basically I am screwed :(
I already pm'ed crosshairs and he's not responding either. Do we have another mod that can get involve with this matter?

You sent me 2 PM's and I responded to the one that needed a response .

Everyone trades here at their own risk ,neither the mods nor admins will get directly involved in a trade dispute.

I sent zod96 a PM that he needs to contact you, and he did, other than that, there is nothing I can do.

Keep trying to work it out with him, its really your only choice right now .

You sent me 2 PM's and I responded to the one that needed a response .

Everyone trades here at their own risk ,neither the mods nor admins will get directly involved in a trade dispute.

I sent zod96 a PM that he needs to contact you, and he did, other than that, there is nothing I can do.

Keep trying to work it out with him, its really your only choice right now .

Thanks for you reply. Sorry I wasn't sure how this works. I guess there nothing I can do at this point. Hopefully, my bank can chargeback my credit. I just want to point out that there are more people who purchased his tmobile financed phones from this forum. So what do you suggest? Just don't buy it from zod96 in the future?

Crosshairs

we do appreciate what you can and do do for traders here

Thanks for you reply. Sorry I wasn't sure how this works. I guess there nothing I can do at this point. Hopefully, my bank can chargeback my credit. I just want to point out that there are more people who purchased his tmobile financed phones from this forum. So what do you suggest? Just don't buy it from zod96 in the future?

He already answered it. You buy it at your own risk. If anyone sees this thread and still go buy a phone from him has no right to come here and cry about when things go south.

But the seller broke the law technically, I think, since he doesn't own the goods sold. Shouldn't that earn a vacation from FS/FT or something? I'm usually pretty weary and have not had much trouble here, but it would be useful for the newer traders.

He already answered it. You buy it at your own risk. If anyone sees this thread and still go buy a phone from him has no right to come here and cry about when things go south.

But what about the users who dont find this thread? Seller should get a vacation.

But what about the users who dont find this thread? Seller should get a vacation.

Well he can always create another USER id and start selling stuff so I am not sure if it will matter. At least he sent the phone after receiving my payment. Everyday I get nervous because phone might stop working and gets blacklisted. So sad...

Well OP, if it makes it any better; if you do decide to sell it, PM me; I'd be interested in it with an EIP.

But the seller broke the law technically, I think, since he doesn't own the goods sold. Shouldn't that earn a vacation from FS/FT or something? I'm usually pretty weary and have not had much trouble here, but it would be useful for the newer traders.

He did not breake the law yet. He did not do anything wrong yet. But if he stops the payment and phones get black listed, that is a different story.

I am just hoping zod96 will refund me, but if he refuse to refund, I'll let you know.

imo he should be refunding everyone who purchased a phone that didn't even belong to him. That, or get banned. No idea why he's still an active member on this site.

imo he should be refunding everyone who purchased a phone that didn't even belong to him. That, or get banned. No idea why he's still an active member on this site.

I thought so too, but mod said that we should buy with your own risk. :(

He is still communicating with his buyers,albeit rather slowly, banning will stop that immediately..I'm not sure what problem that solves now

I thought so too, but mod said that we should buy with your own risk. :(

Yes, its in the first line of text that everyone agreed to when they decided to use the FS/FT forum.

Thanks for your help crosshairs!

All we can do is wait for now. Obviously, seller is taking this very lightly. He usually response very quickly when you're buying something from him. It's really disappointing because it wasn't first time buying from him and his first impressions were very good to me. It's so stressful ugh...

Thanks for your help crosshairs!

All we can do is wait for now. Obviously, seller is taking this very lightly. He usually response very quickly when you're buying something from him. It's really disappointing because it wasn't first time buying from him and his first impressions were very good to me. It's so stressful ugh...

How is your Google Wallet claim going? The seller is unresponsive, keep going down other paths.

How is your Google Wallet claim going? The seller is unresponsive, keep going down other paths.

Google wallet won't do anything about it. They're advising me to contact my bank, so I had to chargeback from my bank. I never done this before so I don't know how it will turn out. My advise is not to use the google wallet when you're paying for goods. I am sure my bank will contact google wallet and google wallet will contact zod96. What a headache....

Google wallet won't do anything about it. They're advising me to contact my bank, so I had to chargeback from my bank. I never done this before so I don't know how it will turn out. My advise is not to use the google wallet when you're paying for goods. I am sure my bank will contact google wallet and google wallet will contact zod96. What a headache....

Just put the phone back in the box and try not to think about it for a bit. The bank should be able to work it out.

stop worrying. He has good heat. A reputable seller. What do you think getting a phone for half off retail. A 800 dollar phone for 400 dollars. And still its the latest phone out on the market. There had to be some catch right. Phone isnt blacklisted. IMEI is clean. Payments are being made. For you, you are unable to go into tmobile, and get any information regarding EIP. That business isnt with you. I know this for a fact. If he wants to ruin his credit and buy phones on EIP, and sell it for half off is the most retarded thing to ever think of. He would need to find a new service provider. And with bad credit he wont be able to find another provider without putting up a deposit. I know this bcuz I have unlocked a few phones with tmobile. You can unlock it while under EIP with certain conditions met. For him to get a new phone, you would have to PAY OFF THE EIP BALANCE. TMobile reps will not tell you anything else other then that IT HAS A CLEAN IMEI. who knows, you could of stole the phone, and wanting to check it has a clean IMEI and resell it. THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU IF ITS UNDER EIP. EIP is with tmobile and customer itself who made out the loan on good credit. Now if phone is unlocked and your service provider ATnT. All they can do is tell you if it has a good IMEI which it is, and see if it has a outstanding balance. THIS, does NOT MEAN he is behind payments. THIS JUST MEANS it has a EIP. Its on a finance plan. He is paying on time. WHEN you do pay off the EIP, it takes awhile to go into the system, and that will clear out. So stop sweating, and making the problem bigger then it already is. Looking for a brand new phone half off is rediclous. The only 2 reasons to get bad IMEI if he was looking for cash, is to claim lost/stolen after sale, and you check IMEI. He can go get another same phone replaced for 175 out of his pocket. This is with insurance. Think about it this way. If he has insurance and he told you its under EIP. something goes wrong with your phone. you can send it and get another phone. Anyways, i would just get your own phone and do your own EIP so that you can have peace of mind.

@krazyaznflip808

Phone is retail $579.99 at tmobile. Yes, I could've bought a 128gb international version for $600 or go to ebay buy one for around $500. Why do you think I bought it from zod96? Like I said it wasn't first time I purchased from him. You should do a bit of research before you say something. Where did you get a $800 price tag anyway? lol

Regardless of how "good" the deal was he failed to disclose an important piece of information. I doubt many would have bought the phone(s) had they known they were buying phones that could at any time be blacklisted. Even if the seller has PERFECT intentions on paying off the contract something could happen that would prevent him from fulfilling the contracts. Lets just speculate for a min. Seller looses his job - if he is strapped for cash you can bet your arse he'll ditch these phones first. Seller has a car wreck and is in the hospital or worse yet, passes away. What happens then? Care to guess?

These phones were sold by deceptive practices. Period. Has the seller came into this thread to explain? No. Why? Justify it however you want to... it was a shady way to do business.

Did someone verify for a fact, that T-Mobile or whatever provider, can blacklist your phone (rendering it useless) if they default on the payments on the phone?

Did someone verify for a fact, that T-Mobile or whatever provider, can blacklist your phone (rendering it useless) if they default on the payments on the phone?

This is common knowledge, all carriers will black list any phone that hasn't been fully paid off and make it useless (as a phone). If I remember correctly they even started sharing their lists between each other in the US so you just can't switch carriers to use the phone.

Haha, exactly...

Well, chalk it up to a learning lesson. Always check IMEIs. They are there for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back