Puppy Stolen by Amazon Delivery Driver Returned to Owner after He Emailed Jeff Bezos

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Instead of merely dropping off a package of dog food, an Amazon delivery driver decided to run off with businessman Richard Guttfield’s black miniature schnauzer. Luckily for him, Jeff Bezos actually reads his customers’ correspondence and ordered the puppy tracked down after receiving an e-mail from the disgruntled Englishman.

"This is inexcusable and does not reflect the high standards we have for our delivery partners," a spokesperson for the company said in an emailed statement. "We take these matters seriously and this individual is no longer delivering Amazon packages for the independent delivery service provider."

That haven't happened to me yet. But amazon deliveries tend to disappear a lot nowadays. I've had at least two disappear just this year already, which would be fine if I ordered hundreds of things, but that's about 50% loss so far.
Maybe delivery people see it's az amazon package and decide to keep it for themselves knowing amazon will just refund you anyway?

It is strange he emailed Jeff and not his local customer support. I am glad he got his dog back though.

jKLYmH3.jpg

one thing they didn't say is was this an in house drop off where they have access into your house and leave the product there? Or was this they dog was outside and stolen from there? Many of us thought the in home stuff would be a risk. Would be interesting to know where the theft occurred.

I have this mental picture of the scene from one of the Bourne movies where they said "activate the asset", and the assassin who was sitting on a bed with a duffel got a text, picked up the duffel, and went out to kill someone.

Bezos activated the asset.

I was like 50/50 on package deliveries for a while once I started getting Amazon logistics as a carrier.

Packages would just get flagged as delivered with nary a truck ever in sight that day. Thankfully support is good and would re-order with the fastest shipping possible but god damn that was an irritating couple months.

I have this mental picture of the scene from one of the Bourne movies where they said "activate the asset", and the assassin who was sitting on a bed with a duffel got a text, picked up the duffel, and went out to kill someone.

Bezos activated the asset.

This made me lol. Asset is intercepting the target in 3..2...1.

And he still has a job with Amazon. Shame.

Actually according to the article, the drivers are part of a 3rd party courier and don't work for Amazon. The article says that particular driver is not allowed to deliver packages for Amazon. If the driver was fired or not from the 3rd party isn't mentioned.

Total piece of garbage. Who steals a mans dog? Especially a little lame dog. Jeff Bezos should pay to have the dog thief show up at the house and get punched in the face by the victim.

Actually according to the article, the drivers are part of a 3rd party courier and don't work for Amazon. The article says that particular driver is not allowed to deliver packages for Amazon. If the driver was fired or not from the 3rd party isn't mentioned.
Yeah, in my area it's either Fedex or UPS and i did find it kinda funny they never mentioned which "3rd party courier".
But IMO that doesn't excuse Amazon from not taking legal action against the driver or his company to ensure this man no longer has a job and is prosecuted for theft.

That haven't happened to me yet. But amazon deliveries tend to disappear a lot nowadays. I've had at least two disappear just this year already, which would be fine if I ordered hundreds of things, but that's about 50% loss so far.
Maybe delivery people see it's az amazon package and decide to keep it for themselves knowing amazon will just refund you anyway?

Uh-huh, until they put your ass on CAP.

Concession Abuse Prevention.

When you get CAP flagged, prepare for your life with Amazon to FUCKING SUCK. I used to work for Amazon, in the LMTOC department (Last Mile Transportation Operation Center) and the sub-department was with SDS (Shipping and Delivery Support). This job was PURE HELL. Amazon fucking SUCKS, and aside from some digital content, I will NOT order SHIT from Amazon based upon:

1. How they treat their employees.

To me, Amazon is akin to the monkeys you see in the zoo. You know, the ones that throw their shit at the walls. This is a spot on interpretation of Amazon's hiring practices. Monkey throw shit at wall, some falls off immediately, some sticks for a short period of time, then you have the skid marks that pretty much hang on. There are two kinds of drivers that work for AMZL (Amazon Logistics):

DA: Driver Associates - these are the drivers that work for 3rd party delivery companies that are contracted by Amazon to make deliveries.

DP: Driver Partner - The lone wolf types that drive for Amazon but don't work for any delivery company. Notice the wording that was used, "delivery partner" - yeah, this was one of these guys.

If you can drive and have a heart beat that is all that is necessary to drive for Amazon. Having any other qualities, like being able to speak English, read, follow simple instructions, etc. are not a requirement to be a driver for Amazon. Given the department that I worked in, I talked to both AMZL drivers and the customers being serviced by this pack of fucking morons. I watched COUNTLESS Amazon customers, who had been customers for years, being CAP flagged (I flagged many of them myself because that was what I was supposed to do) left and right because many of their packages started coming up missing or never being delivered but being marked as such. You could always see the monkey business these shitbag drivers were up to when they would call in talking about how RABBIT (the app that was used to scan and mark packages) wasn't working and they wanted them marked manually - yeah...sure asshole, but most of the people didn't know that I could pull them up based on their ID and could see their location in real time, and what do you know, they would be sitting right in front of that customers house or building... sooooo, how the fuck is it then that if RABBIT isn't working, HOW CAN I BE TALKING TO IT TO SEE YOUR FUCKING LOCATION ASSHOLE?

Another one they would pull is marking packages UTA or UTL (Unable to Access, Unable to Locate) - this little shitbag trick was a favorite among some of the lazy asshole drivers (and thieves) because these packages were supposed to go back to the warehouse...OHHH, but conveniently a lot of the time those warehouses were closed by the time they got back. No surprise then that a day or two later after the customers GDD or EDD expired (Guaranteed delivery date, expected delivery date - known as TRACES internally) they would be calling us asking where the hell their packages were (and once doing some research)...what do you know? UTA and then gone or UTL then gone... Uh-huh.

2. Amazon doesn't give one flying fuck about YOU, your stuff that you paid your hard earned money for, or ANYTHING else except for Amazon.

They LOVED to dish out the Kool-Aide in training (and after) about how Amazon was "customer centric." BULLSHIT. They wanted you to LIE YOUR ASS OFF to protect Amazon and what was Amazon's. Want to know where you package is? After doing some research and looking at where the package was delivered (when there were GPS coordinates attached to the delivery scan) and I see that it had been delivered to the house across the goddamn street (what, can you not READ NUMBERS DICK SMOKER?) I would have to bullshit the customer about this, and since this was the fourth time (and the dollar amount had breached the CAP barrier) now I get to label you as a thief even though it wasn't your fault.

Their stats for the phone operators were bullshit, they are like cattle drivers and if you couldn't meet their "pretty much impossible to meet" stats, you eventually got asked to fuck off. I've worked in call centers for years, and they were BY FAR one of the worst I had ever worked for. I just couldn't take it anymore and quit right in the middle of a shift.

tl;dr: FUCK AMAZON, fuck Bezos... my advice - IF you live in an area being serviced by AMZL, SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE. In the end, you won't save that much money, and you will be able to keep your sanity.

Which is why my doorbell cam shows amazon deliverers taking a picture with their cell phones after the package is left by the door.

Not true. Without the papers, you will not get anywhere near that amount of money unless the person buying the animal is :dummy:

Yep. A pup with no papers is basically un-useable for breeding.

And even if they have papers, the vast majority of pups these days come with “Limited “ Registrations. The dogs are AKC registered, but can never have pups registered with them as a parent.

They say it’s to protect the breed, but that’s bullshit. It’s to protect those in the game from competition. Ask for full registration and they will say sure. For another $5000. Or much more.

Protection of the breed my ass.

I was like 50/50 on package deliveries for a while once I started getting Amazon logistics as a carrier.

Packages would just get flagged as delivered with nary a truck ever in sight that day. Thankfully support is good and would re-order with the fastest shipping possible but god damn that was an irritating couple months.

I haven't had any problems with missing packages, although my last order still shows the product was lost in shipping, yet it was on my office desk the following morning :confused:

Which is why my doorbell cam shows amazon deliverers taking a picture with their cell phones after the package is left by the door.
OK, but what does your "doorbell cam" has to do with me? I'm not even in the US, but Europe, here amazon doesn't have it's own delivery, everything is delivered by regular post, or other couriers, like DHL or UPS.

Uh-huh, until they put your ass on CAP.

Concession Abuse Prevention.

When you get CAP flagged, prepare for your life with Amazon to FUCKING SUCK. I used to work for Amazon, in the LMTOC department (Last Mile Transportation Operation Center) and the sub-department was with SDS (Shipping and Delivery Support). This job was PURE HELL. Amazon fucking SUCKS, and aside from some digital content, I will NOT order SHIT from Amazon based upon:

1. How they treat their employees.

To me, Amazon is akin to the monkeys you see in the zoo. You know, the ones that throw their shit at the walls. This is a spot on interpretation of Amazon's hiring practices. Monkey throw shit at wall, some falls off immediately, some sticks for a short period of time, then you have the skid marks that pretty much hang on. There are two kinds of drivers that work for AMZL (Amazon Logistics):

DA: Driver Associates - these are the drivers that work for 3rd party delivery companies that are contracted by Amazon to make deliveries.

DP: Driver Partner - The lone wolf types that drive for Amazon but don't work for any delivery company. Notice the wording that was used, "delivery partner" - yeah, this was one of these guys.

If you can drive and have a heart beat that is all that is necessary to drive for Amazon. Having any other qualities, like being able to speak English, read, follow simple instructions, etc. are not a requirement to be a driver for Amazon. Given the department that I worked in, I talked to both AMZL drivers and the customers being serviced by this pack of fucking morons. I watched COUNTLESS Amazon customers, who had been customers for years, being CAP flagged (I flagged many of them myself because that was what I was supposed to do) left and right because many of their packages started coming up missing or never being delivered but being marked as such. You could always see the monkey business these shitbag drivers were up to when they would call in talking about how RABBIT (the app that was used to scan and mark packages) wasn't working and they wanted them marked manually - yeah...sure asshole, but most of the people didn't know that I could pull them up based on their ID and could see their location in real time, and what do you know, they would be sitting right in front of that customers house or building... sooooo, how the fuck is it then that if RABBIT isn't working, HOW CAN I BE TALKING TO IT TO SEE YOUR FUCKING LOCATION ASSHOLE?

Another one they would pull is marking packages UTA or UTL (Unable to Access, Unable to Locate) - this little shitbag trick was a favorite among some of the lazy asshole drivers (and thieves) because these packages were supposed to go back to the warehouse...OHHH, but conveniently a lot of the time those warehouses were closed by the time they got back. No surprise then that a day or two later after the customers GDD or EDD expired (Guaranteed delivery date, expected delivery date - known as TRACES internally) they would be calling us asking where the hell their packages were (and once doing some research)...what do you know? UTA and then gone or UTL then gone... Uh-huh.

2. Amazon doesn't give one flying fuck about YOU, your stuff that you paid your hard earned money for, or ANYTHING else except for Amazon.

They LOVED to dish out the Kool-Aide in training (and after) about how Amazon was "customer centric." BULLSHIT. They wanted you to LIE YOUR ASS OFF to protect Amazon and what was Amazon's. Want to know where you package is? After doing some research and looking at where the package was delivered (when there were GPS coordinates attached to the delivery scan) and I see that it had been delivered to the house across the goddamn street (what, can you not READ NUMBERS DICK SMOKER?) I would have to bullshit the customer about this, and since this was the fourth time (and the dollar amount had breached the CAP barrier) now I get to label you as a thief even though it wasn't your fault.

Their stats for the phone operators were bullshit, they are like cattle drivers and if you couldn't meet their "pretty much impossible to meet" stats, you eventually got asked to fuck off. I've worked in call centers for years, and they were BY FAR one of the worst I had ever worked for. I just couldn't take it anymore and quit right in the middle of a shift.

tl;dr: FUCK AMAZON, fuck Bezos... my advice - IF you live in an area being serviced by AMZL, SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE. In the end, you won't save that much money, and you will be able to keep your sanity.
Well I see your frustration as someone who worked for them, but again I fail to see how is that my business as a customer. From these ramblings I got no valuable information at all. What the hell does it mean to be put on CAP?

My packages that went missing were all from third party sellers, not sold by amazon. The packages sent by amazon have a much higher delivery fee, but always arrive in due time usually within one week. For third party seller packages I often have to wait 4-5 weeks to turn up, if at all. And it's not like I order from china or the other end of the world, I try to order everything from within Europe. First to avoid custom taxes, second to avoid having to wait months, but now it seems it is a task beyond some couriers to make a single delivery from 800km away within a month.

Aside from reselling the dog, sometimes people who raise fighting dogs will steal small dogs to use as "training aids". Glad they recovered the pupper before that could happen to it.

Reactions: WhoMe
like this
OK, but what does your "doorbell cam" has to do with me? I'm not even in the US, but Europe, here amazon doesn't have it's own delivery, everything is delivered by regular post, or other couriers, like DHL or UPS.

Well I see your frustration as someone who worked for them, but again I fail to see how is that my business as a customer. From these ramblings I got no valuable information at all. What the hell does it mean to be put on CAP?

My packages that went missing were all from third party sellers, not sold by amazon. The packages sent by amazon have a much higher delivery fee, but always arrive in due time usually within one week. For third party seller packages I often have to wait 4-5 weeks to turn up, if at all. And it's not like I order from china or the other end of the world, I try to order everything from within Europe. First to avoid custom taxes, second to avoid having to wait months, but now it seems it is a task beyond some couriers to make a single delivery from 800km away within a month.

I am going to assume that being placed on CAP means that Amazon assumes you are stealing the package yourself and filing false reports about your package never arriving. They are assuming everyone else is telling the truth. The warehouse worker made sure the package went out, the driver got it there and said he left it at your house. So if you are saying you didn't get 1/2 of your packages obviously you are getting them and filing false reports to scam them out of money. Once flagged for CAP I am going to guess they stop covering the items and tell you tough shit when you report a package falsely being reported as delivered.

Not true. Without the papers, you will not get anywhere near that amount of money unless the person buying the animal is :dummy:

It is where I live. A mutt from a "rescue" agency will cost you a close to a grand if it's cute, a puppy, and can pass as mix of a popular breed. A toy breed will cost you even more. If it's a xxx-doodle puppy, it's $2000 minimum. There was so much competition and hoops to jump through to get a dog here, I finally gave up and just paid more to get one from a questionable backyard breeder.

Oh, just you wait... if more of your packages start coming up missing, one day you are going to call about your missing package and you are going to get a response like this:

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to transfer you to another associate that is better able to assist you with this missing package. THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU that you have been put on CAP, but when they give you this line, the next person that you will be speaking with will be from the CAP team.

The burden of proof will be on YOU even though it is Amazon's fuck ups and fault that your shit is coming up missing in the first place. And if it keeps happening and you exceed the threshold you will be cut off from Amazon ordering entirely.

If you still don't get it, CAP means they think you are a thief and YOU will have to prove that you aren't, good luck! :D

Who steals a dog?
Who the hell steals a yippy little schnauzer ?

Buddy had one a few years ago. Little fucker would go Rambo on my shins every time I was invited over. He'd yell at the dog, and I'd try in vain to keep the little shit from biting me. Losing battle. Actually have a scar on my left shin where he got me good once.

Finally told him that next time I found defending myself necessary I was a-gonna kick a fucking 50-yarder through the goal posts with that little shit-machine, and he oughta lock him in some room before I got there. I guess he didn't believe me, 'cause next visit that little piss-wagon came straight at me. "THONK!" Fucker flew through the air about 6 or 7 feet and hit the sliding glass door to the back patio about 4 feet off the ground, slid down, and ran off squealing bloody murder (he was fine...wounded his pride more than anything). After that, he would bark like a madman when I showed up, but would not come within 10 feet or so of me.

I love dogs in general. I hate schnauzers specifically.

Sorry for the sidetrack. Carry on.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
I am going to assume that being placed on CAP means that Amazon assumes you are stealing the package yourself and filing false reports about your package never arriving. They are assuming everyone else is telling the truth. The warehouse worker made sure the package went out, the driver got it there and said he left it at your house. So if you are saying you didn't get 1/2 of your packages obviously you are getting them and filing false reports to scam them out of money. Once flagged for CAP I am going to guess they stop covering the items and tell you tough shit when you report a package falsely being reported as delivered.
That's exactly why I never ask for a refund, but for them to try delivering it again. But the lost packages are enough for me, to never consider buying anything high value from them. So they're already loosing out on business because of this.

That's exactly why I never ask for a refund, but for them to try delivering it again. But the lost packages are enough for me, to never consider buying anything high value from them. So they're already loosing out on business because of this.

that wouldn't be any different. If the driver states he gave you the package and you signed for it asking for a new item is the same as a refund. If they are to believe the driver and think you are lying you still are tricking them out of money. Either they give you two items or they give you the item and the value of it back. Both are worth the same as a loss to them.

In the end they don't care if a few people don't buy from them because enough others will.

It is unfortunate that the owner had to contact the CEO of Amazon to get his dog returned. I wish he could have contacted the police, they did an investigation which included contacting Amazon to determine who delivered the dog food, getting ahold of that person and discovering that they did steal the dog, returning the dog and taking the thief into custody. Maybe I ask for too much. The article doesn't even mention if the man was arrested.

Back