Pump on EVGA 3090 hybrid cooler making noise.... looking for options

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
So I think the pump on this cooler is on the way out... it's been making an annoying buzzing sound, and looking through their forums, it seems somewhat common. Unfortunately I purchased it second hand so it's not covered by the transferrable warranty, and I'm looking for options.

I was considering buying a block and doing some custom watercooling, but I've never messed with it before and I don't really want to spend a fortune. The other problem is I have this crammed into a fractal Define C with a beQuiet darkrock 2, so space is very very tight as is.

Are GPU AIO's a thing? I was doing some searching but it looks like it's all made for vendor specific cards opposed to a generic off the shelf solution. If this is a 'common' problem with EVGA's cooler, I'd rather avoid buying another. I'm also open to air cooling but I don't think I've seen a generic air cooler in a long time.

The warranty is transferable. I would give it a shot. The worker it would based off when it made and not when purchased. Also I believe you can buy the hybrid kits from evga also.

For reference this is what I'm dealing with

1623766525954.png

The warranty is transferable. I would give it a shot. The worker it would based off when it made and not when purchased. Also I believe you can buy the hybrid kits from evga also.
I wish it were but the kit was purchased separately (this was installed on a regular FTW3 ULTRA card). Products with the B1 suffix aren't transferable :\

double check on the warranty but you could always get a new aio setup for it
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=400-HY-1988-B1
Yeah I'm keeping that option open, but it seems like EVGA QC hasn't been great on those hybrid kits. If there are other options available I'd like to explore them at the very least.

Yeah I'm keeping that option open, but it seems like EVGA QC hasn't been great on those hybrid kits. If there are other options available I'd like to explore them at the very least.
they are made by asetek, like almost all the round aios, and issues are not common. any other aio that you can adapt will also be asetek. so you could get the evga one, or a mod a g12 and use another asetek aio or go custom.

So, I thought about mentioning the NZXT G12 but man, that thing seems so unpopular. You'd think it would be more commonly used, no?

So, I thought about mentioning the NZXT G12 but man, that thing seems so unpopular. You'd think it would be more commonly used, no?
it used to be but hole spacing changed on the new gen cards so it doesn work with nv2000+/amd5700+ gpus without modding. you have to cut the mounting bracket in half and then enlarge the screw holes on the main plate.

Thats a really good point about both Asetek and the warrenty... think I may just go with a new EVGA AIO and call it a day. Thanks for the input guys

Thats a really good point about both Asetek and the warrenty... think I may just go with a new EVGA AIO and call it a day. Thanks for the input guys
also probably the cheapest way, $120 for a 240aio plus the mounting and fan shroud aint bad.

So I purchased and installed the new AIO on my GPU nearly a year ago and the pump is starting to rattle again. Wtf EVGA

Guess it’s time to issue an RMA

EVGA took care of me and I’m waiting for the replacement to arrive now. I’m hoping this is the last time I need to replace the cooler on this card

thought I’d update this thread.

Received the replacement hybrid cooler from EVGA. It was clearly a kit that someone had returned at some point… the shroud that came with it was all scratched up (I kept my old one which was/is immaculate) but I only really needed the pump/block and radiator so whatever.

I got it installed and everything seemed ok at first. Cooling performance was good and it was silent. Fast forward to last night, my wife wanted to play the Quarry so we fired the machine up and immediately heard the dreaded click coming from the pump. It’s not nearly as bad as the one I had to RMA, but that one started the same way and progressively got worse.

WTF EVGA! I haven’t had this POS for even a week.

Now I’m not sure wtf to do. I can probably contact EVGA and I’m sure they’ll send me another kit but im losing patience with their lack of QC. 3 pump failures in two years is terrible and if you look around online, there seem to be a lot of people that have had the same problem.

thought I’d update this thread.

Received the replacement hybrid cooler from EVGA. It was clearly a kit that someone had returned at some point… the shroud that came with it was all scratched up (I kept my old one which was/is immaculate) but I only really needed the pump/block and radiator so whatever.

I got it installed and everything seemed ok at first. Cooling performance was good and it was silent. Fast forward to last night, my wife wanted to play the Quarry so we fired the machine up and immediately heard the dreaded click coming from the pump. It’s not nearly as bad as the one I had to RMA, but that one started the same way and progressively got worse.

WTF EVGA! I haven’t had this POS for even a week.

Now I’m not sure wtf to do. I can probably contact EVGA and I’m sure they’ll send me another kit but im losing patience with their lack of QC. 3 pump failures in two years is terrible and if you look around online, there seem to be a lot of people that have had the same problem.
I don't think it's EVGA QC regarding the pump. That's on the sub who made it. With that said they are on the hook for continuing their relationship with their pump OEM.

My 3080 hybrid sounds like an aquarium pump. I just deal with it because I don't feel like the RMA.

However, sending you an apparently used kit is on EVGA and they deserve to be called out on that.

Back