PULSAR: Lost Colony

Pez

[H]ard|Gawd
I gotta say, the vids make this game look like a shit ton of fun (if you play with friends and play for the whole immersion).

About This Game
PULSAR: Lost Colony is an online cooperative starship simulator that takes you and your crew to the farthest corners of the universe on a mission to find the mysterious Lost Colony. It features a procedural galaxy generator so every journey will be unique and contain new challenges for you and your crew.

Key Features
Online + LAN CO-OP (up to five players)
Cross-platform multiplayer
Crew PERMADEATH
Random planets and galaxy each time you start a voyage
AI with an advanced Neural Network (learns as you play)
Multiple upgrade paths per class
Challenge modes such as the Captain's Challenge
Online leaderboards / voyage tracking
Full support for the Oculus Rift and Gamepads

YouTube co-op gameplay video

Looks like multiplayer FTL almost looks neat. Not paying to test a game.

I'll just wait for multi-crew ships in Star Citizen. Pulsar looks pretty ghetto.

It is getting rave reviews on Steam, even though it's only in Early Access:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252870/

Positive (353) Negative (16)

It is worth reading the negative reviews though.

A lot of the negative reviews are saying stuff like the game has too much depth so people will be confused. Also $25 is too much for a developer to charge for a game. Most of the others seem to be troll reviews.

I think I'll recommend this game to my buddy. He has like 3,000 - 4,000 hours into FTL.

As a huge fan of FTL after reading reviews I will let it wait a bit.

Game wise seems interesting, no PvP though. Graphically its a fucking mess lol.

Seems like Star Citizen is going to outclass it in every aspect... whenever it is released...

And Battlescape Infinity might outclass SC. It isn't about outclassing, though. It's about a good game. And the Battlescape pre-alpha looks insanely good, and very powerful.

Battlescape looks decent, but nothing near Star Citizen. Also, its not even going to reach its kickstarter goal, let alone the budget of SC.

Battlescape looks decent, but nothing near Star Citizen. Also, its not even going to reach its kickstarter goal, let alone the budget of SC.

Looks decent for a pre-alpha. Once optimized, I expect a lot more from it. Of course it won't reach SC's funding. Everybody spent their money on SC to be able to support other games. Battlescape is its own engine, which is a huge plus IMO. It won't be SC, and that is a good thing. We don't need another SC, just like we wouldn't need another Elite: Dangerous.

And Pulsar is completely different than all of them. Yes, it isn't eye candy, but it's not supposed to be. It will be like running your own star ship.

Back